logic

Administrator
Staff
Legalise Cannabis Alliance Press Release

Contact: environmental spokesperson Ingo Wagenknecht, tel. 01508538197
Press Dept: Don Barnard tel. 07882414638

14.July 2008: No Embargo

Cannabis Campaigners urge MP’s to reject prohibition of cannabis seeds bill

In a political U-turn, the Liberal Democrats not-so-liberal drugs legalisation policies on cannabis was thrown into question last week by Tom Brake MP, who split his party in the middle by introducing Bill 136, the Prohibition of Cannabis Seeds Bill.

Ingo Wagenknecht, a spokesman for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance (UK) said: “Such a bill will not only be unenforceable, impractical and an outright waste of taxpayers money to enforce. It will diminish our agricultural choices and introduce a Government-led cartel regime as to what species can be grown. Farmers, just as with GMO’s, currently growing hemp for industrial and medicinal purposes under Government license, would have to agree not to sell or save seeds for the next year, a ludicrous suggestion that belies Lib Dem unity on their policies.”

He added: ”The Hemp genus is far too valuable to us to have it further prohibited, indeed it is criminal to withhold it from society when it could benefit us so much, never mind the drugs that can be won from it.

"Whilst splitting the Lib Dems and self-deluding us into believing that they are tough on drugs, especially at this point in time when we are looking for real alternatives to our oil based economies when we want to cut down on CO2 and want to reduce harm to our youngsters, our future taxpayers and pension providers, this proposal does nothing to forward debate. It perpetuates the same old prohibitive messages that have served to proliferate drugs and keep it in the hands of criminals.”

“How can you have a policy wanting to legalise cannabis and then ban the seeds?

"Until this bill 136 falls, we will be advising our members to only vote for candidates that have voiced their support for the equal application of the Human Rights act, the legalisation and control over cannabis and for real harm reduction in society”

"The LCA urges all MP’s to deny this bill a second reading on October 17th. It already represents a waste of public funds and time.

I"n the two-month leading up to the second reading our members will lobby MP’s , we hope to avert this bill before it becomes another unwieldy and useless tool for an overburdened police force and stick in the mud bureaucratic structures that are currently determining drug prohibition and harm on our streets.

End of press release

Notes to the editors:

Photos and interviews can be arranged with any of the above contacts, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Legalise Cannabis Alliance
maillink.gif
[email protected]
extlink.gif
http://www.lca-uk.org
extlink.gif

PO Box 2883
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 9EE
UK

P

ProGroWannabe

I may be wrong, but it sure sounds to me like Tom Brake is taking a pay-off from somebody. Either way, whether he is, or isn't it still sucks.

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

re

it will happen i can guarantee that, spain is still save...milk it while it lasts!!!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Shit, I better plant all mine out then. Better put an order in for 10000+ jiffy pellets. LOL

F

FastForward

No-one listens to the Lib Dems anyhow...but if the worst case scenario happens I'll fly to .nl or .es to stock up. It's just political PR_ bullshit imho...

A

amsterdameyes

I live in an area that is solid lib/dem.. i don"t like the fucks and they don"t like me either.
Stupid cllrs without any kind of policies apart from claiming to to different from the other parties.
Whoever said that all politicions are the same was so damned right........
"Don"t vote because the government will only get in!!!!"

LIB...LAB...Con...= CON......... :(

F

FastForward

What I really don't get is the fact that there are SO many people that enjoy/use ganja that we're a sizeable voting population - surely one of the political parties will realise that there's a lot of pot smoking voters out here and try to appeal to us, rather than alienate us??

F

fi_di_bot

i'm buying a more bigger fridge to help my english friends. but i still can't understand why put outlaw the seeds...

M

Marco Renda

What a shame! What's next mj books and magazines?

Take Care and Peace
Marco

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
What a shame! What's next mj books and magazines?

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Wouldn't suprise me mate. When I last got raided I had one officer looking personally offended that Weedworld, High Times etc that I had could be brought in the same place she buys her newspapers.

But just as with the case of the three men with their convictions quashed for giving advice to undercover cops in their shop. The judge ruled that there is no such law for arresting folks concerned in the supply of equipment or advice for the use in illegal activities, if such activity didn't actually take place. Therefore books, magazine, Home Depot, B&Q can not be held accountable for any illegal use of their products or knowlegde.

B

bluegrass

Thats horrible you guys, I always look up to the english for at least selling seeds legally. Sounds like that place is turning into the usa...:(

T

thc4sim

UK Politicians!, arseholes the lot of em!
it dont matter which party they are all wankers :no

the thing is guys.. weed is illegal, but we all seem have our fill without too much hassle

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well my mate got busted with 250 plants filling his house. and a Kilo of dry.

During his bail he started working for an African charity and got off with 150 cp and 6 months Prob.

So whilst they like to make the public think things are all bad (for us, the grower) in actual fact, things could be a lot worse.

T

thc4sim

in actual fact, things could be a lot worse.

Your right there Herbaliser, i know where ya coming from, yea my mate only got CS with about 150 plants and nicking the electricity, you yea i gotta agree with you bud!

D

drpressure600

hi

lib dems are just mad bunch of muppets, whats wrong with peeps getting them abroad then, big deal,

Latest posts

Top Bottom