Seeds to go into UC

• Thread starter St3ve
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

So I just got seeds that I'm going to try for the first time, to ultimately get one to use as a mother. I was thinking I would start them in rockwool cubes (since I already have some) and once the seedling gets big enough and the roots start growing out of the cube, that I would remove them from the cube and put the plants in the cloner to grow out more before the veg UC. Is it too stressful on the plant to remove it from the rockwool to put in the cloner?

I feel like any other way would just be asking for stem rot of some kind.

sky high

sky high

Once ya put it in the rockwool it is in the rockwool for good. Pulling it out when it has legs will fukk it up, for sure.

If it is roooted in rockwool you need no cloner. A cloner is for bare stem rooting. If you tried to use a RW cube in a cloner you >would< get stem rot, IMO...

You probably need to read a bit more before heading into UC Land. You defintely wanna sex those seeds before you involve the UC. No reason to have males taking up space.

lotsa good posts here/good info here. Spend a few days reading before you start and save yourself a whole buncha headaches

s h

St3ve

St3ve

I know that I don't need the cloner with rockwool by itself, but if I did remove them from the cube I would want longer roots. I usually put the fresh clones in the veg UC when the roots are at least 8-10" long or more.

In my mind I was thinking that the stress of removing the cube would be less than cutting the stem to clone. But you may be right..

As for the UC, I am going to change the lids from a one top to a four top. That way I have have all fifteen in four sites. As I pull the males I'll just spread the remaining females around evenly. Similar to what I would do if they were in separate hugo blocks or soil pots.

thanks for the reply
.. in theory. :)

J

Jalisco Kid

I put seeds in coco then rinse the roots off in cool water before putting in aero. Been to long since I popped seeds though. I used to get clones in rockwool. I removed the rockwool with tweezers and razor blades. I do not remember losing one. Would not want to use my time to do a lot of them though.JK

St3ve

St3ve

Thanks for the info JK, thats kinda what I was thinking with the rockwool cubes.

and yes, I imagine it would be very tedious.. got fifteen seeds so I'm thinking it won't be too bad.

Top Bottom