Seeds. Under feeding? Coco coir

• Thread starter MiteSuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

I will post a video of canopy when lights come up in an hour.

plants are about 9 weeks from germ.
gmo guerilla glue white widow & sunset sherbet crossed with the same father skunk dog.

day 22 12/12

plants werevegged under metal halide then switched to led for bloom.
Co2 around 1200 ppm
Fed 1x daily at lights on
Coco coir 70:30 perlite
Flora flex nutes and Cali magic
.4 Cali magic 1.0 base. For total 1.4-1.5 ec. 1 x daily.

temps78-82
Rh 55-65

is it strange that I have such large seedlings requiring such a low ec? ( low is relative I get it). Every time I’ve tried to push EC up with these new genetics I’ve only been able to get them to 1.6 before seeing tip burn.

last cycles were afghans, much smaller and had no problem pushing themto 2.0 + ec by this stage.

Is it possible the tip burn I’m seeing is just light stress?

I have 3 4x4 tables I take an average of each table.

over the last few weeks the trend has been 1.4 —-> 1.2 out.

I haven’t checked run off ph but my range is 5.6-6.1.

any thoughts on seedlings and feeding

Seeds under feeding coco coir
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Fuck. I saw one plant had some serious taco leaves. I thought I was battling mites early on in this grow. I’m either over fed or the mites are back? Or perhaps this pheno is more sensitive to my temps

NotTooShabby

NotTooShabby

Afternoon,

Seeds don't need much nutrition due to their youth. A clone however taken from a mature mother can take much higher ec some can take 3.0 even if applied correctly. I am paraphrasing one of the jungleboys out in Cali. Arguably the best growers out west. Look up jungle boys on youtube... and you will find a lengthy interview with some nute company. I dont remember. Its a skype call not in person.... its the main guy and "roach" discussing cannabis nutrition.

Resin

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Afternoon,

Seeds don't need much nutrition due to their youth. A clone however taken from a mature mother can take much higher ec some can take 3.0 even if applied correctly. I am paraphrasing one of the jungleboys out in Cali. Arguably the best growers out west. Look up jungle boys on youtube... and you will find a lengthy interview with some nute company. I dont remember. Its a skype call not in person.... its the main guy and "roach" discussing cannabis nutrition.

Resin
I just watched there sop video the other day, wicked good information.

I believe my seeds would handle this feed no problem if my environment was good.

I’m starting to think the coperate is heat and relative humidity.

again my temps are high 70s low 80s rh 55-65 nighttime low to mid 70s rh 55-60

All the heat at night that’s dry I think in combination with my canopy being so close to light w/ lack of canopy airflow ( already pushing my 15 am break and the one downstairs) can’t really add canopy fans. Not sure but I’m going to drop my feed a touch and observe.

I may even run 20% feed through them tonight and do some individual run off checks to make sure I’m not running hot.

This photo of this plant basically happened overnight with the curling that’s why I’m suspicious of dry heat/transpiration issues.

thoughts?

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

I dont think so
They all look like very sativas phenos....IME the squatted type indicas hybrid ,them all likes more nutes
Right on I’m suspicious of my environment having some hot spots and relative humidity not matching my temps for good stable vpd.

those factors I believe are causing me to over feed.
But it’s strange how that one plant ( posted pics down below) went from good to taco overnight.

you could argue that that plant is closest to space heater at night.

either way I fucked up my height expectations and have run out of room vertically.

Maybe to much light also....... grrrrr

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Maybe the curling is heat/light stress. Super crop the shit out of that canopy back under your net, height problem solved!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I am thinking the same thing, heat/ light stress. I oscillating fan from Wal mart can easily become a roof fan with just few screws...Your plants do not look under fed to me, its actually on the other end of the spectrum with how dark green and the few burnt tips i have noticed. For me when my plants stop stretching i switch to phos feeding, which is where you should be at right now. Also watch your humidity with improper levels your plants literally cant eat or transpire.
Did you buffer or wash your coco before mixing?
Do you know how to treat coco properly? Theres a killer thread by aqua about it. But i am not seeing the tell tale signs of lockout.
You could with the help of some strong boys pick up your trays and pull the crates and then just set them on the ground giving you that extra foot needed. You gotta watch out when working with new genetics, if grown properly some plants double, or even triple when they hit flower.

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Maybe the curling is heat/light stress. Super crop the shit out of that canopy back under your net, height problem solved!
I doubt! The large stems are very rigid but that is going to have to take place in one way shape or form. I have strong I can pull them down to the trelace.
Hopefully I don’t cause more stress and herm something but I agree that supercropping is a great approach right now.

I will say it’s strange that that one plant showed so much taco so fast and she’s not even directly under led she’s in the middle of two LEDs ya know out of “direct” light. But again could be space heater.

I don’t like sifting for seed I 2021 lol I’m going back to cuts I know after this one.
Hopefully I pull this off!

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

I am thinking the same thing, heat/ light stress. I oscillating fan from Wal mart can easily become a roof fan with just few screws...Your plants do not look under fed to me, its actually on the other end of the spectrum with how dark green and the few burnt tips i have noticed. For me when my plants stop stretching i switch to phos feeding, which is where you should be at right now. Also watch your humidity with improper levels your plants literally cant eat or transpire.
Do you know how to treat coco properly? Theres a killer thread by aqua about it. But i am not seeing the tell tale signs of lockout.
You could with the help of some strong boys pick up your trays and pull the crates and then just set them on the ground giving you that extra foot needed. You gotta watch out when working with new genetics, if grown properly some plants double, or even triple when they hit flower.
I did not buffer my coir.
I runRo w/ Cali magic .
Camg levels elevated until cation sites were satisfied then reduced camg level slightly as plants mature.

not sure if I know how to treat coco properly or not but here’s a photo of my last run with different pheno.

I am running flora flex and have slowly been shifting into a more phosphorus rich ec value. This week it really starts to crank.

I may be overdoing my camg rncausing phosphate issues?
I imagine my camg accounts for a third of my ec right now.

.6 must be camg .8 base. I know it sounds crazy to contemplate using to much camg in coir but it is possible I imagine.

if I ditch the tables run off is going to be a stupid amount of inefficient work.

I deffinately suspect heat/lightstress/transpiration problems but my humidity seems to be in check unless my equipment is lying to me and I’ve done my best to cross reference.

I will try and implement and canopy fan and do some light/super cropping/tying down canopy to scrog.

The struggle is real.

4179E245 2D45 4EE1 ADF0 CDE61CF76559
D142A1CD 4851 4326 B2B6 A3991820422F
5F440682 C8E5 455B AB43 FADD9B9DD1B6
MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Also thank you for pointing out that plants look a little dark 🙏🏼 Deffinately regardless of how fucked my environment is my plants are getting a little to much nitro and not enough phosphate rn. Upping phosphate tonight and dialing back nitro and Cali magic.

Another for sure possibility is my coco is having to much dry back & possibly I need to bump my fertigation to 2x a day at this point.
Right now .4ec calimagic 1.0 base 1x a day at lights on.....

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Looks like you know what your doing better than most, just got stuck with a finicky sativa pheno. Those pics above are badass!!! It goes to show why so many indoor folks will stick to one genetic and mom it to really get the growth down. Then you can dial feeding and know the stretch. Also i would recommend using some kinda of Ca for a buffer like using gypsum or lime in your next mix. You could always just drop the tables onto a shorter base like some 4x4 blocks and gain ten inches.
Yes, coco is tricky, Aqua just did a killer write up on treating coco right for the best results

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Thank you for the kind words farmer 🙏🏼🤙🏼. Genetics genetics genetics.
These seeds were gifted to me by a good friend/grower/breeder from Maui.

I didn’t even realize they were ten weekers until pretty much now.
If I had giving it some thought at the start I probably wouldn’t have planted.

I tossed the clones from cloner I don’t even want to run ten weekers ever again inside on my dime.

anyways I’ll try and keep this thread updated with photos over the next few weeks as I try to keep everything happy.

in my heart of hearts I feel like so long as I can bend tops down a bit and then kick up the phosphate likeflora flex schedule requires at this point things should improve.

again though I’ve already fuckedup it seems.

yield & quality is going to suffer but alls not lost !

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

Update.
Sorted out the feed issue which I suspect was inaccurate hygrometer.

unfortunately the room is seeded at this point. I’ve cut down 5 or 6 herms.
In rough shape but at least there’s some quality.

i won’t be running fem seeds again.

I’ve got purple Afghan kush by dinafem cut I’m trying to save right now ( she just popped roots in the cloner 🤞 and the Dosi 33 by Barney’s farm that’s the dankest lookin bud in the videos) also have a platinum cake cut from ethos I need to see finished.

No more testing seed for this guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom