seeds, what do i do

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ive been dealing with an end of life situation with my mom. she passed - had a great 92 year life!

so, i neglected the plants some.

i let the heat get up there several times, and wasnt able to zip/unzip the tent at the right times.

im pretty sure the light leak made the plants mad and some hermied.

i saw a bud that looked a bit "doner" than the others. i cut it and hung it for 5 days then was just trimming it and found 3 seeds and one part of a baby seed.

it is a good genetic plant, Purple Kush from MSNL. im pretty positive i did it to her. and it looks like only one small area. i havent gotten to find the nanner or the balls, but from the area i think i can find it easily when the light comes on.

so, my question is, do i use the seeds? or am i asking for hermies in future.

do i let it go and see what happens?

the other plants are just some clones i started so i could see if i could clone. there are 5 1 gal clones that could be seedy too, but not sure, no real indication.

the tent is at 9 weeks flower, so it will all be done in a few weeks.

what is the easiest way to collect the seeds if i need to?

should i just use the plant for other things like oil or tincture?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd certainly be concerned about hermies in the future, but if you stressed the shit out of these plants and had light leaks, maybe any plant would have hermied.

It depends on how much you want these genetics compared to other seeds you have on hand. I have a lot of high quality seeds that I will eventually grow out if I continue growing into my 90s, so I would just move on, unless this plant really rang my bell.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
havent tried it yet, but i am pretty confident i know what happened. there was about a two week span i was only here on and off. so i would come home and find the auto tent on and the photo tent off, but unzipped. in the same room. then for two days they cooked for about an hour each day because the hose didnt move (my fault). a total lack of attention. MSNL has great genetics. the strain is a good one, they say.

the others are just clones off it, they dont look affected but i just havent been on top of things.

ive got more clones than i can stand waiting to move into that tent. and a couple more of those seeds i havent used. so i dont need them, but hate wasting anything!

i think i will leave it all alone and let it all finish. see how bad it is and make something out of it. chalk it up to lessons learned.

i like doing experiments, maybe i will save the seeds for that.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I had gotten 4 seeds from my first deathstar that must have pollinated itself. The seeds were tiny like half the size of a normal big healthy seed. I grew one of those seeds a couple runs ago and it was very slow to grow compared to the rest of the tent. It ended up being really frosty and tasty just it couldn't keep up with the rest of the girls. Only pulled like an O from that plant cuz it was so little. It didn't herm which I was worried about. I can't say this is what would happen to every self pollinated seed, not enough experience yet lol. I'll pop another one at some point in near future...
Sorry to hear of your loss bud, take care!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
One looks like a decent seed, the other is lighter color.
20210903 110945

growsince79

growsince79

Usually takes 5-6 weeks to get ripe seeds. Best way to collect them is crush the buds and roll em off an album cover. Seedy buds taste like shit even if you get all the seeds out. The layer around the seed (I call it afterbirth) is just nasty.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
One looks like a decent seed, the other is lighter color.
View attachment 1164427
I've had mixed results using iffy seeds from plants I'd grown. One batch of Bubba Kush came out great no seeds in any of the plants grown from the few seeds I'd found in an earlier grow. The next grow from the same seeds .I'm not sure what happened but every plant ended up seeded even new strains I'd just added. I blame the initial seeds that I accidentally grew and found in the BK.. Never again....it gave me seeded smoke crap with very little kick. I'm only using those seeds now as starter fluid. I don't want to take the chance again....it can take 4- 5 months to figure out you screwed up and wasted your time, nute's, elect, dirt ect. I'd say toss them or grow separately from others so you don't accidentally infect them with hermyitis .

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
4 or 5 weeks fits the time table. Probably a little over 4 weeks ago the light thing happened.

Top Bottom