Seeds will not germinate. Sin City Seeds...

• Thread starter PLantAsEED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Hey fellow growers.

I have some triple cherry diesel from sin city seeds. I cannot get them to germ. Was like a 15-20* pack. The package says 2015. I am down to my last 4 seeds and looking for a proven way to advance.

Tried 24 hours in water then to coco cell pots over a heat mat. Tried straight coco with no heat mat.
Tried paper towel method. Tried paper towel and then once they crack into coco. Nothing has worked. They crack. Spit out the tiniest of tap roots then stop completely.

Was very interested in this cross and don’t want it to be a complete waste of money.

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

I don’t think my methods are too off Bc I had plenty other seeds germ right along side them in a matter of days.

Just looking for a new method

Madmax

Madmax

They should grow if they are cracking open and showing a root...when you sow them in coco and watering a little do you put them under a light or in a dark warm place .

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Hey fellow growers.

I have some triple cherry diesel from sin city seeds. I cannot get them to germ. Was like a 15-20* pack. The package says 2015. I am down to my last 4 seeds and looking for a proven way to advance.

Tried 24 hours in water then to coco cell pots over a heat mat. Tried straight coco with no heat mat.
Tried paper towel method. Tried paper towel and then once they crack into coco. Nothing has worked. They crack. Spit out the tiniest of tap roots then stop completely.

Was very interested in this cross and don’t want it to be a complete waste of
Hey fellow growers.

Was very interested in this cross and don’t want it to be a complete waste of money.
Hey fellow growers.

Did the seed sit in ambient temperature above 80° for a while? They don't tend to last that long when exposed to high ambient temperature. You're not doing anything wrong, sometimes what I do is I will roll up a piece of fine grit sandpaper with the Roughside in and Shake them up a little bit to score the seed with seeds that aren't germinating

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

Did the seed sit in ambient temperature above 80° for a while? They don't tend to last that long when exposed to high ambient temperature. You're not doing anything wrong, sometimes what I do is I will roll up a piece of fine grit sandpaper with the Roughside in and Shake them up a little bit to score the seed with seeds that aren't germinating
cut a little bit off the wifes aloe plant soak seed in juice, after scuffing seed on a nail file, paper type nail file use the nail file with care ! some seeds are raised under a lot of uv light and have tough hulls.

Mrb53

Mrb53

Old seeds are more difficult to sprout, especially if they were not stored right. Put them in the fridge for a few days to mimic what nature does from season to season. If the sugars (feed store) for the seeds are used, they have to be replaced. Fridge, scuff, soak in 30% h2o2 (peroxide) mixed with 50/50 milk/water -add your aloe here too (not tap water -no chlorine, fluoride...). The sugar from the milk can feed the seed..Soak only 12 to 24hrs, no more. Prime germination temp is around 75°f / 23°c. IF you use paper towel, make sure it is NOT BLEACHED...I use all natural coffee filters INSIDE the paper towel so taps never get stuck in fibers and no chlorine or acid touches the seed / tap. Give it a try...I use a straight (LOW) BLUE SPECTRUM 75w lamp after propagation...add a little azomite dust to further root development. If you want some, I will send it to you, I still have your addy..

PLantAsEED

PLantAsEED

Old seeds are more difficult to sprout, especially if they were not stored right. Put them in the fridge for a few days to mimic what nature does from season to season. If the sugars (feed store) for the seeds are used, they have to be replaced. Fridge, scuff, soak in 30% h2o2 (peroxide) mixed with 50/50 milk/water -add your aloe here too (not tap water -no chlorine, fluoride...). The sugar from the milk can feed the seed..Soak only 12 to 24hrs, no more. Prime germination temp is around 75°f / 23°c. IF you use paper towel, make sure it is NOT BLEACHED...I use all natural coffee filters INSIDE the paper towel so taps never get stuck in fibers and no chlorine or acid touches the seed / tap. Give it a try...I use a straight (LOW) BLUE SPECTRUM 75w lamp after propagation...add a little azomite dust to further root development. If you want some, I will send it to you, I still have your addy..
I think you have me confused for someone else. :). Either way thanks for the info. I’ll give it a shot.

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Great advice i second that

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Hey fellow growers.

Try and sprinkle a lil bit of this on the last 4 bet you have better results

20220423 210313
Top Bottom