Seeds!?!?!

• Thread starter Mommag71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mommag71

Mommag71

So. We’re harvesting our last grow. I’m finding seeds. Lots of seeds. These were supposed to be all females? But the crystals are intense and the smoke on it is too. I’m not sure what to do. Where did seeds come from?

Bodean

Bodean

So. We’re harvesting our last grow. I’m finding seeds. Lots of seeds. These were supposed to be all females? But the crystals are intense and the smoke on it is too. I’m not sure what to do. Where did seeds come from?
For whatever reason it sounds like one of your females were stressed(or hermed) and might have pollinated themselves. Look underneath your lower buds you might see some male flower remnants.
That would be my best guess.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

It happens to the best of us. Lots of seeds sounds like unstable genetics + environmental stress IMO. I wouldn't really run those again, unless you can pinpoint the cause of stress and avoid it. It is usually just easier to try a different cultivar, rather than risk pollinating your entire grow again until you lock down what makes that particular female happy. I used to run a cut of Super Lemon Haze that would always throw a few nanners if I ran her too long. It seemed that they were sterile and always appeared in the last week or so, so it never pollinated any other plants or itself. The flavor and buzz were enough to run her anyway, but I ended up running her about a week less to avoid the issue altogether. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Lots of seeds?
Sounds like you had some full size, fully developed male flowers.
They are quite yellow I'm surprised you did not see one during your grow.
Most often a hermeied plant will get undeveloped flowers and generally only hit a few hairs close by.
Well, that has been my experience anywho.

Top Bottom