Seeing discoloration on my bud's sugar leaves - Humidity?

• Thread starter homestead67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homestead67

homestead67

Hello everyone. I have a couple questions about one of my plants. But before, here are the facts:

From Seed
17 weeks old. 7th week of flower
18-24" tall LST
Flowering in 7 gallon fabric pots
Soil - Fox Farm Happy Frog
water with 1.5 gallons about once a week
pH= 6.4-6.6
Earth Juice Rainbow Mix Pro Grow 8-6-3
Dr. Earth Flower Girl 3-9-4 (top dressed each pot with 4 TBS Flower Girl 3 weeks ago this Saturday)
Do not spray plants
Mars Hydro LED TWS2000 300 WATT
Lights 30" from plants
16 sq ft
Temp Lights ON 75-79F OFF 69-75F
Humidity After WATERING - 60%. TIME TO WATER - 35%
Soil pH, ?
No insects
This is my 3rd photo indoor grow. done 6-8 outdoor auto and photo grows.
Breeder calls for 55-63 days flower. On day 52 today.

So, typically after I water my plants -the humidity rises in the tent to about 57-60%. Over the course of the week, it will slowly lower to about 34-38%. It is then, I know they need watered. A couple weeks ago, we had quite a cold snap. -15F with highs at 0F. The grow tent is in the basement of what I am calling an outbuilding. No heat. I have a single electric oil radiant heater in the tent with plants and just exhaust air back into the room.

After the watering 2 weeks ago, I noticed the humidity never went over 40% and once dipped to 28%. I checked the pots and they did not need watering, so I let it go until the next watering. When I watered, ONE of my FOUR plants had lots of yellow/browning on the sugar leaves at some of the top bud sites. I also noticed some of the fan leaves were curling/rolling and were dry/crispy to the touch. My other plants were fine and not dry like this one seemed to be. It is also the furthest away from the heater in the tent.

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity 2

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity 3

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity 5

This is a branch from the same plant with the discoloration.

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity 4

The bottom plant is the one discolored. The plant towards the top and the discolored one are the same strain and have been getting the same treatment. Noticed it is not having the same issue the other is.

Seeing discoloration on my buds sugar leaves   humidity 6

It has been one week since the photos above were taken. The discoloration has stopped and not increased. The only thing I did was increase the room humidity level on the dehumidifier to 60% vs 45%.

Questions:

1. Could the discoloration and drying up have anything to do with the week of way too low humidity levels?
2. Are the buds worth harvesting while having the dried up leaf edges and tips?
3. Do you think they could go another 1.5 weeks until harvest with the dead leaf spots?

Thank you all for reading my post.

Dye

Dye

Looks like some of my early grows in a tent with HPS lights. They did not enjoy that cold snap at all.
I have been there and have cut all the dried up crap off and let it finish.
LED’s has made my life way better.

Dye

Dye

HPS lights sealed units with 6 inch. Hose running thru the light out the other side the hell out of the tent.

One thing we all loved about hps lights was its included heat come winter.

Top Bottom