Seeking knowledge .

• Thread starter Bigmiketx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bigmiketx

Hello Im Mike from Texas and come seeking knowledge.Im confused with all the information on the internet and may have made errors already. I have a 60 by 60 by 80 tent and a spider farmer 4000 led light and 4 inch infinity fan which Im realizing is probably undersized but hoping can get me through the first run.Let me start by saying Im a little on the dumb side as far as soaking in information which may be do to several concussions before the age of 12 so i want to thank everyone that takes time to let me gain knowledge from them.I from going on different info started running lights 24 hours a day and one day may have been with both switches on but after that started for 18/6 but in further reading think i should be on the 24 hour cycle and want to know if these changing of schedule will effect the grow.I have been checking the water with ph strips and seems to be in range Im going to get a meter asap but for right now working with what have.I also want to add that im sure i have to many plants 8 going for this size tent but was going to see if all made it and adjust as i go.I would appreciate any advice and Thank you for your time

Seeking knowledge
Seeking knowledge 2
Seeking knowledge 3
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

These young girls do not need to much light, and can't see your lights in photo, but don't kill them with to much. Also, those are big pots for those plants and adjusting your watering to allow for a dry time is necessary for the roots, so don't water too frequently. other than that, see where it goes, and learn what you can for future grows. 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello Im Mike from Texas and come seeking knowledge.Im confused with all the information on the internet and may have made errors already. I have a 60 by 60 by 80 tent and a spider farmer 4000 led light and 4 inch infinity fan which Im realizing is probably undersized but hoping can get me through the first run.Let me start by saying Im a little on the dumb side as far as soaking in information which may be do to several concussions before the age of 12 so i want to thank everyone that takes time to let me gain knowledge from them.I from going on different info started running lights 24 hours a day and one day may have been with both switches on but after that started for 18/6 but in further reading think i should be on the 24 hour cycle and want to know if these changing of schedule will effect the grow.I have been checking the water with ph strips and seems to be in range Im going to get a meter asap but for right now working with what have.I also want to add that im sure i have to many plants 8 going for this size tent but was going to see if all made it and adjust as i go.I would appreciate any advice and Thank you for your time
Hi, welcome I think most of us have some off time for the plants I'm on 20/4 I used 24 hr for quite a while but my plants seem healthier with some off time. I'm surprised no one else has commented. I also find watering / feeding easier to gauge in smaller pots at the start and transplant up as needed.

B

Bigmiketx

Thanks for the info .when you start feeding which are the the fertilizer s that you use? And if there liquids do you add them with the water you are adding?i just been using tap water after adjusting ph but thinking about setting up an air system from pet store dont know much as far as that goues ?also thinking about those branch benders and or the string trellis.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the info .when you start feeding which are the the fertilizer s that you use? And if there liquids do you add them with the water you are adding?i just been using tap water after adjusting ph but thinking about setting up an air system from pet store dont know much as far as that goues ?also thinking about those branch benders and or the string trellis.
slow down..
just step by step for now.
welcome to the farm!

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

slow down..
just step by step for now.
welcome to the farm!
GNick55 has it right, if I was to start all over again it would be super simple. Organic soil, top dress dry ammendments, water only, no training, no pruning, flip to flower after 3 weeks for some small christmas trees.

Once you learn the basics you can start to complicate things to your hearts content. Nothing more discouraging than trying to figure it all out at once and having dead looking plants in early flower.

B

Bigmiketx

Thanks will take your advice one thing right now that has me concerned is the light its a S.F 4000 which has two switches on it which I am running the side with the dimmer on it around 60 percent .I bought the light at discounted price for it had been opened and it had no paperwork .I had unsuccessfully reached out to manufacturer no luck yet.I want to make sure that im not suppose to be running the other switch till the blooming cycle.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I've never used the spider farmer lights but young plants need less light intensity, plants in flower on a 12/12 schedule need a much higher intensity. How bright a light is to a plant is hard to judge by your eye, get yourself a light meter or use a phone app to start.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

welcome to the farm!.

alot of wood in that soil.
If outdoors, will invite all kinda pests to feed off the decaying wood.
if indoors, again pests and moisture issues
goodluck

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey Mike! Welcome to the Farm! I’m new here too and have been learning a TON from these guys. I think one of the biggest reasons for confusion starting out is basically this.... each type of growing medium (soil, coco, hydro etc.) requires different methods of feeding/watering etc. Also different lights need to be at different heights and intensities (if you have a dimmer) and even temps and humidities can change the way you do other things like water and lights. I tried to keep mine simple and went with an all in one nutrient called Mantis. Not sure if it’s good yet but it’s easy as hell!

Stay with us and listen to what these guys have to say and you’ll be harvesting glittery buds faster than you can say blueberry pie.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Welcome to the Farm.
Lets have pix of the light and the switches.
Top view pix only show the upper level of growth.
Try and get side shots when they get a bit taller.

That soil looks like FFOF, I'd change it.
Here is how we do it;
SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

Read these:
Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

TheChronicThumb

TheChronicThumb

Hi, welcome I think most of us have some off time for the plants I'm on 20/4 I used 24 hr for quite a while but my plants seem healthier with some off time. I'm surprised no one else has commented. I also find watering / feeding easier to gauge in smaller pots at the start and transplant up as needed.
Darkness Is essential for healthy plants

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Despite what you have read or what you have been told, plants need darkness! I don't care what other growers say or think! Too much light for long periods of time is stressful plants NEED the darkness if only for 6 hours. I DO NOT RECOMMEND 24 HOUR LIGHT SCHEDULE!
what /where are your credentials for making such an outlandish statement?

Top Bottom