Seeking Light Suggestions

• Thread starter NorCalGal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Hello Farmily,
My ladies have been soaking up the sun for several weeks now, and I've really enjoyed having them on my patio. They've been grown in pots, partly because I thought I might want to bring them indoors before they become aromatic. It seems that time is on the horizon (so excited!!!!).
I've looked through some previous suggestions for KINDLED but found them to be sold out except for the bars.
Does anyone have experience with this light fixture?
https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA...XSIU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Led lights
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo full spectrum are superior but still not all equal, that's not to say blurples don't grow great bud.

Whats the budget?

Last edited:
Hurrl

Hurrl

I've never used that brand but I have had great success with some older 400w Roleadro COB fixtures from Amazon. However I was browsing through GD and came across this person's grow using a 300w version of that Viparspectra brand you mentioned. You can see it in his photos the 300w is the only one configured like that, if you look at all their products and compare. Actually found that grow diary entry from reading a review of bud explosion on the green leaf nutrient site, where they had the link posted. Crazy how I came across this thread right after seeing that..... Anyways, here is the link. https://growdiaries.com/diaries/15593-acop-auto-critical-orange-punch/week/78955

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

got Viparspectra PAR450 on first grow* - so I can't give you a full review. it was cheap, and i needed to replace the T5 flourescent i had running.

happy with its vegetative growth - it's a nice fit for my 2' (w) x 2' (L) x 6' (H) tent. heat isn't an issue.

I'm about to flip for the first time. so, i can't give you much review, except i'm happy with my purchase. it's a starting point, and i had plans of expansion, where this light is gonna be used for vegetative phase.

you probably start with the budget in mind, and work from there, as to choice of lights.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’ve got a Viparspectra VA 600 W I’ve never used one before it was from Amazon $159 plants that are under it are doing really well I’m ordering the 1200 for my 3x3 tents . Regards OD.

Bass.man

Bass.man

Buy the newer version, they use less power(no cooling fans) and are bright white light. I just purchased the maxsisun pb2000 for my 3x3 and am very pleased. Played less then $175.00

20200703 113229
NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Thanks Aquaman.
My MO is to grow them outside and only bring them in when they go into flower mode, so I'm not sure they'd really gain that much by having full-spectrum. More importantly, the only place I have to put them in is a small study connected to my bedroom (ie not in a grow tent) so I think a "blurple" light would be preferable for light leakage. Being as I'm growing strictly for consumption I'd like to keep it under say $400.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aquaman.
My MO is to grow them outside and only bring them in when they go into flower mode, so I'm not sure they'd really gain that much by having full-spectrum. More importantly, the only place I have to put them in is a small study connected to my bedroom (ie not in a grow tent) so I think a "blurple" light would be preferable for light leakage. Being as I'm growing strictly for consumption I'd like to keep it under say $400.
IMHO I feel it's a bad idea to bring outside plants inside. Usually going to be a big bug battle after that. I have never done it but indoors bugs are a bitch. Haven't dealt with em but seen plenty of ppl have to.

If your looking for a flower light I suggest 2700-3500k max for flower. Ideally the lower side being better imo.

Full spectrum with IR will benefit and UV if going all out.

Depending on the temps and coverage you need HID will be much cheaper and may fit the bill for a larger coverage at a lower initial cost.

In flower you will need to eliminate all light leaks or that can pose it's own host of issues

Top Bottom