Seeking ventilation advice for two tents combined

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello fellow gardeners !

I have been lurking the community for a little while. Great forum and great attitudes.

There is a 4x4 tent and a 2x4 tent
Light in 2x4 is 200 w
Light in 4x4 is 480 w

Inline fan is mounted in the roof of 2x4 sucking air through ducting with two 60 degree bends and two 90 degree bends. This ducting goes up and into the 4x4, dropping down to the floor and turned upwards.

In the roof of the 4x4 there is a pretty big carbon filter and a 90 degree bend up to the inline fan which I estimate is 375cfm rated. Thereabouts.

I was thinking to have one extra carbon filter on the other side of this fan. The fan is struggling with the setup as it is, not doing a very good job at the moment.

For anyone that read down here , thank you. Suggestions and advice welcome

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I think I follow your description but what’s the question? Are you not getting enough ventilation? Are your temps too high? Is the humidity off?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Total side nite but I just thought of it. I worry about Having the same pipe go through both tents, if you get a pest problem in one tent they can migrate to your other plants easier.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks for replies ! I will draw a picture for you. The question was how strong should the inline fan be to efficiently suck out air for this setup.

The pest thing should be considered. And perhaps easily solved with a bug screen of some kind on either end.

Have some patience, drawings will come

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hopefully this will clarify the situation. Comments welcome

Top Bottom