Select leaves discoloring, drying, and dying

• Thread starter Mugwort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mugwort

Mugwort

Appreciate any help...Random fan leaves are doing this on this one plant which is one of five that are grown in same soil (FFOF) in 7 gal fabric pots, are watered and fed at same time.

-Plants are fed FF Big Grow 2x/wk (2tsp/gal)
-1 tsp CalMag Plus once/week
-1 tsp Snow Storm Ultra once/week
-1/4 tsp/gal Element Nutrients “Myco+“ once/wk
Plants watered every other day with r/o water

I’ve looked under magnification and observed no bugs. This is on only one of my plants which are watered and fed from same source. Could this be some kind root issue? All the plants were kept too long in one quart plastic pots longer than they should have but transplanted at same time. This is only my fifth grow and I am stumped. I posted once before and received no response from you guys. Do you think I should just toss it out?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Appreciate any help...Random fan leaves are doing this on this one plant which is one of five that are grown in same soil (FFOF) in 7 gal fabric pots, are watered and fed at same time.

-Plants are fed FF Big Grow 2x/wk (2tsp/gal)
-1 tsp CalMag Plus once/week
-1 tsp Snow Storm Ultra once/week
-1/4 tsp/gal Element Nutrients “Myco+“ once/wk
Plants watered every other day with r/o water

I’ve looked under magnification and observed no bugs. This is on only one of my plants which are watered and fed from same source. Could this be some kind root issue? All the plants were kept too long in one quart plastic pots longer than they should have but transplanted at same time. This is only my fifth grow and I am stumped. I posted once before and received no response from you guys. Do you think I should just toss it out?
257FE28E 8A43 4CA3 9BB7 E1FD2DA9CC5B
637F229D A8DD 4026 9B2C 06138714C7C1
63C9E862 EE32 4C2D 88DC 96AF6740FD0F
E7C4CF4F 7783 472A 8245 2F54C6120852

BEB4B1D7 3E5B 4894 AF25 C2BF48C65B7B
DD0F3A8F F6BE 4500 A1C2 CEE5EFBC5500
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks Numb...yes, the leaves do look like that but it is growing rigorously and is the only one of five clones that is exhibiting this. They all drink from the same bottle at the same time. Are you saying it’s a Manganese deficiency or toxicity?
It looks that way.

Is the problem is starting at the bottom of the plant and moving up?
If yes, then that tells you that it is something the plant ate or was not able to eat.

Diagnosis step-by-step:

Bottled Nutes:
When its bottom up;
1. Check pH.
2. What are your ppms in and out?
If your ppms are lower going in, then you may need a flush to clear any buildup.
3. When and how often and how much do you water?

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Watering COCO

4. What have you been feeding and how much and how often?
Depending on what you feed, you may be overfeeding one thing that will block uptake of something else.
All bottled and store bought nutes need to be cut by 50% before you do anything. They are the extreme numbers for plants. Do your plants a favor and don't overfeed them.

5. What is the temp of your root zone? Take the temp of the pot, or use an old thermometer and insert it in a probe hole 1/4 way up from the bottom and see what the temp is if you can.
Root zone issues can look like anything, so you always want to prevent it by having well draining and airated pots.
So, get the temp and then we can add it all up and see what's what.

For Organics, do 3 and 5 because the others should not apply.

growsince79

growsince79

7gal pots of soil watered every other day? Your lucky its only one plant so far. I water 2 gal pots every other day. Check the runoff ph. PPM will be high because you're in ffof. That doesn't matter. The problem is the over watering.

Last edited:
Mugwort

Mugwort

It looks that way.

Is the problem is starting at the bottom of the plant and moving up?
If yes, then that tells you that it is something the plant ate or was not able to eat.

Diagnosis step-by-step:

Bottled Nutes:
When its bottom up;
1. Check pH.
2. What are your ppms in and out?
If your ppms are lower going in, then you may need a flush to clear any buildup.
3. When and how often and how much do you water?

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Watering COCO

4. What have you been feeding and how much and how often?
Depending on what you feed, you may be overfeeding one thing that will block uptake of something else.
All bottled and store bought nutes need to be cut by 50% before you do anything. They are the extreme numbers for plants. Do your plants a favor and don't overfeed them.

5. What is the temp of your root zone? Take the temp of the pot, or use an old thermometer and insert it in a probe hole 1/4 way up from the bottom and see what the temp is if you can.
Root zone issues can look like anything, so you always want to prevent it by having well draining and airated pots.
So, get the temp and then we can add it all up and see what's what.

For Organics, do 3 and 5 because the others should not apply.
Thx numb...will read all of these!

Mugwort

Mugwort

7gal pots of soil watered every other day? Your lucky its only one plant so far. I water 2 gal pots every other day. Check the runoff ph. PPM will be high because you're in ffof. That doesn't matter. The problem is the over watering.
I thought it was difficult to overwater a fabric pot? When I do water I don’t water to the point where there is any runoff!

hillbil

hillbil

That mix must be saturated past the point of what Cannabis can handle, might try watering in 4 or 5 days.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Lets have some pix that show the soil, side views of the plant, and closeups of bad leaves on the plant.

Mugwort

Mugwort

That mix must be saturated past the point of what Cannabis can handle, might try watering in 4 or 5 days.
What mix and what are you talking about? My plants don’t get overwatered. “That mix” is FFOF and is in 7 gal fabric pots. I don’t saturate the soil when I water
Are you assuming that, when I do water, that I am watering with sufficient volume to cause the fabric pot to have runoff? Because I don’t!

Top Bottom