Self Doubt, Tents and Container Size?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I'm finding poor and varying answers on this subject. I've grown before by starting in Dixie cups then transplanting into 3 gal pots to finish. My last run I did root riot cubes then transplanted into 1 gal for veg with the intention of transplanting into 3 gals after 4 weeks of veg. To my surprise plants were rootbound in week 3 and I had to transplant earlier than I anticipated. For my next run I was thinking of starting in Dixie cups, then transplanting to 3 gallons to finish veg and flowering. Is this a bad plan? Should I do Dixie cups into 5 gallons for a better yield? I'm growing in a tent that's 5x5 and 80 inches tall. Another option would be to start in root riot cubes, transplant into 1 gallons then into 5 gallons to finish. I would love any advice on the subject.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would put another size pot in between the 1 gallon and the 5 gallon. Supposedly you get more roots throughout the soil with more upsizing transplants.

chemistry

chemistry

Depends on how your going to feed, five gallons would be my first choice if they were static, but if I had to move the plants around, then the three gallons would be my choice, bare in mind the extra weight, and the amount of nuits it takes to feed and water a five gallon pot cost and effort wise.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Depends on how your going to feed, five gallons would be my first choice if they were static, but if I had to move the plants around, then the three gallons would be my choice, bare in mind the extra weight, and the amount of nuits it takes to feed and water a five gallon pot cost and effort wise.
Thanks guys. I was growing in soil but I'm really intrigued by coco. Think I'm going to give it a go. I might do the 3 or 3.5 gallons because as you pointed out, I'll have to feed a lot more in the 5 gals.

Top Bottom