Self Polinaion / Hermie Seed Production?

• Thread starter SubparThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SubparThumb

SubparThumb

Is it possible to chop majority of the plant down for harvest and then allow for example 1 branch to herm, and produce what I have gathered "feminized seed"?

I could have swore I read something similar to these lines, hopefully anyways. lol.

Last edited:
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

If one part is at harvest, I wonder if the plant once it finally creates pollen will have enough left to get those seed to maturity. I could be totally wrong. Good luck, great idea if it can work!

oregonized

oregonized

Is it possible to chop majority of the plant down for harvest and then allow for example 1 branch to herm, and produce what I have gathered "feminized seed"?

I could have swore I read something similar to these lines, hopefully anyways. lol.
Yes. Not feminized seed, some female some male, most intersex, similar to reversing a male and what to expect out of its progeny.

SmokeRings900

SmokeRings900

Yes you can do that BUT You never want to use herm seeds its a very undesirable trait in a cannabis garden! Do not use the herm seeds unless you want a garden full of hermies that's bad. My motto is to always grow the best genetics get the dankest plants you can takes much time and effort to grow make it the best. A fem plant does not produce fem seeds even if you breed her correctly with a male they will be reg seeds but have the genetics of both plants if you want seeds breed the dankest M & F...if she pollenates her self she's gone herm.

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
My first grow was 3 plants, one plant hermied, probably due to stress, and seeded the other plants a little. My second grow was one of those seeds, and it ended up being seeded too. Couldn’t even see pollen sacs or nanners, but it did. It could have been from stress as well, but so far my experience is it’s not worth growing a seed from a herm.

growsince79

growsince79

If one part is at harvest, I wonder if the plant once it finally creates pollen will have enough left to get those seed to maturity. I could be totally wrong. Good luck, great idea if it can work!
Take 5-6 weeks for my seeds to get ripe

oregonized

oregonized

Yes you can do that BUT You never want to use herm seeds its a very undesirable trait in a cannabis garden! Do not use the herm seeds unless you want a garden full of hermies that's bad. My motto is to always grow the best genetics get the dankest plants you can takes much time and effort to grow make it the best. A fem plant does not produce fem seeds even if you breed her correctly with a male they will be reg seeds but have the genetics of both plants if you want seeds breed the dankest M & F...if she pollenates her self she's gone herm.
Most elites come from "herm" .......sour d, cookies, og, .......on and on. I agree with most of your points except intersex. Which is part of the genome and probably will never be bred out of the genome unless making triploidy.....

Reversals will give you results all over the board, using intersex isnt a bad thing, its inconvenient at most. Wish people would stop with the hermaphrodite generalizations, its like breeding potency out because it might make you too high......

Top Bottom