Self watering system, a little lost

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey guys, I'm about to build my first auto watering system. I got the 2 gallon quickfill kit from floraflex. My question is, it comes with 4 inserts for the multiflow bubbler. What would be the ideal insert to use? My options are:
Yellow - 2 GPH
Black - 6 GPH
Red - 10 GPH
Blue - 20 GPH
My plans are to grow 4 plants in coco and I'll be watering once a day through most of veg and ramping up to 4 to 6 feedings a day for flowering. Any suggestions?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Hey guys, I'm about to build my first auto watering system. I got the 2 gallon quickfill kit from floraflex. My question is, it comes with 4 inserts for the multiflow bubbler. What would be the ideal insert to use? My options are:
Yellow - 2 GPH
Black - 6 GPH
Red - 10 GPH
Blue - 20 GPH
My plans are to grow 4 plants in coco and I'll be watering once a day through most of veg and ramping up to 4 to 6 feedings a day for flowering. Any suggestions?

I'm using Autopots with coco which keeps the coco continually wet, but still has lots of oxygen. I don't know that "one time a day" still gets used with an automated system. I suspect the lower flow options plug up more depending on what you are using for nutes.

I'm sure someone with more experience will help out. Also check out Aquaman's Watering with Coco guide on this site.

Good luck with the grow.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Start with black and adjust from there. I use red. But i water 500 plants at a time. I started with blue and worked my way to figure it out. I water a bit differently.

kake_walker

kake_walker

Assuming that you are going to use the flora flex caps I would strongly suggest the blue 20gph inserts that way your water can almost "fill" the cap in order to get the most even watering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What matters is being able to water the plants evenly and your pump gph. If you can I'd say 20gph is a decent place that's for each riser. If you link the pump and emmiters you are using I can give you a better answer.

Also a timer with seconds is almost a must imo.

Pondracer

Pondracer

I run 900 gph for 4 plants, but you have to have a relief line for over-pressure and a good manifold that lets you control pressure individually to the tables. I have a smaller one for 4 plants on a single table but I really like the 900 better. Its not as noisy, and it just seems smoother.

I dont know anything about the inserts you describe, but I don't know that its that relevant as you just let it run until you get runoff anyway. If thats 1 minute or 2 I am not sure it matters that much. The one thing that comes to mind is I had a problem with the brown slime / algae clogging up a manifold because I left the microscreen in place. My other manifolds I removed it and they never had a problem. You might want to consider higher flow in terms of less likely to clog over time.

Oh, and yes, the seconds timer is a must.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Yeah I'd start off with 20gph and see. You can prob ru it open if you need. 1 gal container would be about 12-15 sec for 250ml give or take a few seconds.
Thank you, that makes sense based on what I'm trying to wrap my head around. I'll be doing 2 gallon bags, so maybe more like 24-30 seconds? Do you have any timers you like for your pumps?

Top Bottom