selling seeds illegal in michigan?even from caregiver to caregiver?

• Thread starter plantevil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plantevil

plantevil

someone at a dispensary told me it was illegal to buy or sell medical marijuana seeds in michigan. does anyone know if this is true or not or have any input? i know that in california the dispensaries sell seeds and what not but this is michigan so i dunno. does it say this in the written law?

S

scrogbubbles

You cant "sell" them just like you cant sell meds. But, you can posess as many as you want and its ok to transfer them.

deacon1503

deacon1503

In regards to anything medicinal marihuana here in Michigan, as a registered patient or caregiver, you may not "sell" anything. You may donate and be reimbursed for you time and resources. Prop 1 also states that, iirc, you are allowed an undetermined amount of seeds, stems, and unusable plant material. As a patient/caregiver, seeds can be exchanged legally.

I would think all dispensary employees would know this. :worried

plantevil

plantevil

thanks for the reply thats good stuff to know.i had no clue what the law was i thought u could at least sell clones to dispensaries legally but im glad i now know this

T

tricloud

There are a couple Michigan dispensaries that carry my seeds and some other folks seeds as well.

Seeds transfer exactly the same way as marijuana and like somebody mentioned there is no weight limit on seeds. I've been advised by one of Michigan's top medical marijuana attorneys.

Tricloud Genetics seeds are only available in Michigan by legal mmj card holders.

Funny thing, I know most people don't grow or posses seeded buds but if they did I wonder if the authorities would have to remove the seeds before they weigh the medicine if there was a raid or something.

Motarebel

Motarebel

We have been told this ourselves,doesn't make sense right along with the rest of the wording. I haven't been shown where it says dispensaries are legal either so hopefully someone can tell us soon. It's a shame peeps didn't have the foresight to set such boundaries from the start.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It`s my understand despencries are not legal in Michigan unless they follow a farmer`s market type setting where medications are donated by a medical grower/caregiver and a donation is given by a patient only for non profit(to cover expences).The citys,Counties and sometimes the State doesn`t always inforce there laws just like in Cali,but they could!This also leaves them open to Feds who inturpit the medical laws on there own and can bust them if they find them in violation of state medical marijuana laws.A lot is still in the `Grey Area` and open to challenges in court in medical states.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Again as I understand the Vet Adm. has stated to doctors in there service the policy change( inclusive to medical states only) that sevices and binefits to patients who hold doctors recomendations for marijuana can not be denied.Also the presidents policy for Fedral agencies has been changed and ordered that investigations of persons who follow state medical marijuana laws in there prespective states should not be charged.This is policy only and not a change of law so incoming administrators may deside differently.

My point is that if someone who is not in a medical state is busted are they not protected by the equal rights clause?

Indica Jones

Indica Jones

From what has been explained to me, patient to patient transfers is part of the reason dispensaries are still in business.

According to the MMMA, seeds are incidental.

(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

plantevil

plantevil

thats good that its legal to at least transfer these things. i think it is b.s. that its illegal to sell meds or anything involving meds though i mean why is that? just cause its a controlled substance? i dont really think it qualifies as a controlled substance when its for medical purposes. hospitals and what not are allowed to sell opiates for huge profits all the time. oh well i suppose we have taken a big step forward in the right direction but still must keep fighting. it kinda reminds me of this movie with chong in it i forgot what the movie was though. i think snoop dogg was in it and met up chong for some bud. hes like "how much for the bud?" and chong says somethin along the lines of "the bud is free but you have to buy this bong for $5000" lol funny stuff

U

Urbangrowths

The movie was The Wash. That was funny as hell!!!
Peace

plantevil

plantevil

yes! thats the movie! i was trying for the longest time to remember what movie that was from but all i could remember was that scene haha

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

You can have as many seeds as you like...I have thousands of 'em.
Seed sales though is still one of those "hazy" issues...

B

Budders

seeds are no different than pot

if your a registered MMP in MI than seeds are more illegal than the flowers than came from...Only difference is seeds are incidental and do not count towards weight restrictions.

I know a guy in MI transferring seeds, PM me for info.

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

a certain dispensary in the area that always carries top notch gear is carrying pretty much the whole line of dj short. if u need to hit me on the pm

L

LongFlight

Seeds are "incidental"

You can have thousands and they do not care.

Says so in the law. Have seen it in practice as stated above.

recordsnherb

recordsnherb

yo didnt know i cant pm yet, 2dog ill try to up my post count somehow or maybe i can pm an administrator to pass along the message? if its no biggie let me know and ill just drop the info right here

O

ogwww

mmmp.com is the laws. check it out .you are not allowed to sell nothing like a doctor, or you are a drug dealer. go to jail, dont pass go, no 200 $

Latest posts

Top Bottom