Selling to Dispensaries in California.

• Thread starter ThePlanIs2Grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

ThePlanIs2Grow

I was wondering how does it work selling to dispensaries? Would I need to develop an relationship with an owner? I live in Hawaii and am looking to move to cali after i graduate from college. My dream is to sell to dispensaries and live off harvesting what i'm passionate about, cannabis. If someone could help me going in the right direction for my goal.

sky high

sky high

That's a fleeting dream. I would have a serious back up plan (aka..JOB) to fall back on considering that the Fed is starting to (will) come down on these folks hard and >EVERYONE< and his brother have (had) the same >get rich quick< scheme in their heads for well over the last 10 years.

Hopefully you can do something more with a 4 year degree than grow weed. (I'm betting your parents who funded your Ed (if they did) are saying the same thing about now

but good luck either way

s h

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That's a fleeting dream. I would have a serious back up plan (aka..JOB) to fall back on considering that the Fed is starting to (will) come down on these folks hard and >EVERYONE< and his brother have (had) the same >get rich quick< scheme in their heads for well over the last 10 years.

Hopefully you can do something more with a 4 year degree than grow weed. (I'm betting your parents who funded your Ed (if they did) are saying the same thing about now

but good luck either way

s h

Sounds like good advice from a parent who knows the scene

sky high

sky high

No shit bro! If all you are going to do with yer life is grow weed you don't need to waste 20-80K -a year of yer parent's hard-earned cash (or borrowed cash) on a college education.

unless that is...the take from your first 20 harvests are used to pay them back >in full<.

s h

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

but good luck either way

s h

Yup, I would say one or two years left the way it is currently being abused.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`m betting agianst the Feds winning this fight. Way I see it the Goverment is on it`s way out anyway.

T

ThePlanIs2Grow

I have scholarships so Im not using my "parents money". Growing plants is not illegal. I just want to grow the legal amount with my wife so 12 mature, 24 immature, and 2 mothers and sell that. I know the feds can crack down but i'm not going to be selling to people on the street. It's not a get rich quick scheme, it's a I want to just sell to dispensaries at a normal harvesting rate scheme.

J

JAHGYDI

you can do that not legal though. youll have to find a disp that you can trust. all the disp are closing up shop so it might be hard. you are a couple years to late to hit that cali gold rush

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
It works really simple. You grow meds, which cost you 3 months of life and room setup and so many other costs and then you take it in to a dispensary and give them a sample.
They may or maynot call you back and they most likely will not offer you much since they have multiple vendors begging them to buy their meds daily and they dictate the price due to many folks who invested in growing but couldn't truly afford it.
It's like any business, you will be your own boss while growing but you'll pay for that luxury and then you'll be doing tons of legwork to sell your meds in a saturated california.

However, if you grow the best meds around, no probs, just expect to pay tons of money for power and stuff, esp in Cali. Not sure if you have grow experience but 12 mature plants is hardly gonna pay your way unless you are good with tree grows and vert/ or UC or something of that nature. I don't wanna squash your dreams, but good luck, your gonna need it.

G

gooey

network network network dont let the hate for having a degree stop you amigo...fucking 80 grand to be more educated and able to run your own business better i see harm in that investment in ones self

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
selling to dispensaries is also a terrible way of putting it.

You have to join a medical marijuana collective and only then can you be reimbursed for the time and money you put in to growing meds for collective members only.

If you are selling to dispensaries you are definitely illegal. Not safe for wife and kids.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just a ? What is your degree in? If it isn't plants and it is rather specific seems you should def get a job since you'll be educated in that specific arena....

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

That ship already left the port man. Sorry to tell you. If I was you and really wanted to grow Id be waiting and watching what happends next here in Cali and then make moves based on the outcome on whats about the happen or not happen here. The game will be defined by the Supreme Court in California.

Here is the reality right here right now for you. The market is saturated and growers that are set up with real grow rooms/buildings etc. and have roots here in SOCAL so to speak are waiting for the "SHOW TIME CHARLIES" to leave the game so the regular growers can get back to work so the prices can get back to where they belong and the cheap bastard collective owners low balling growers for their reinbursement either get back in the game correctly or drop off the map.

(My Feeling and Opinion Only) California is not going to overturn this state law that we all voted for. Its going to be a different game and regulated a bit differently.

(Reality Check) Starting out now in the game with no contacts, no collectives to work with and no grow room set up is way too risky now financially. Are you rich and have time to kill than c'mon on in the water is warm. Hope you got people/contractors/electricians lined up that will keep their big mouth shut when your doing your build out. There use to be over 700 dispensaries here and they are all but gone. Only a few left in the game that are holding out and waiting to see how the cards are done for them. Do yourself a favor and dream another dream for the time being. Plus 12 plants in my opionion is a waste of time and energy. Not enough weight for the Collectives. They dont reimburse for ounces they deal in pounds. Show up with your sample gram/nugget in hand and the elbow in your car ready to rock. No elbow to show the buyers then fuck off then. This is how they role. They know your showing your best nug man. They want to see what they are getting. They dont want to wait for you to come back tomorrow etc.

(REALITY) Growing is a full time fucking job and major committment by the person doing all the work thats gonna be YOU!. If your quiet and nobody knows what your doing? Guess what YOU are doing it by yourself solo like Vanilla Ice Son. Your wife will get sick of it after the first time trust me. It becomes YOUR whole life and your main priority. This is not a part time at all type gig and pass by the plants and feed them here and there type deal. I havent seen it if your doing it for real to work with collectives/dispensaries.

(MORE REALITY) Are you sick today, dont feel good whatever? Fuck it the plants are hungry get up and feed weather you like or not and your sick as shit. Hope you had your nutes pre done a day ahead otherwise your waiting for the PH to settle for a while while your sitting on the pot. Missed a day or two of feeding and your plants could be wilted and wont snap back and your fucked. Got a date to do need to do something or an appointment to see your doctor or dentist? Think again. Better schedule your days around your feeding program and do your feeding later when you get back because your clothes are gonna stink like holly hell and you cant be going into public after you hand feed your 12 plants and their in week 7 or 8 and are stinky. Got to change and shower up before you leave the warehouse.

(MORE REALITY) Had plans for the weekend and thought you could feed on Friday night before you left to escape for Vegas or some shit? Guess what you aint going because your air conditioning died and your in a panic to get the shit fixed without anybody knowing what your doing in your grow room. Better have an AC guy on call that you can trust in your grow room. Too much work, too much hassle, too much energy for 12 plants that might get maybe 2 pounds off of 12 plants maybe depending on what your growing and how your growing. (GENERAL STATEMENT and ASSUMPTION) 3.5 oz per plant dried and cured that cost you countless hundreds of hours, electricity, nutes, water if you get everything right. If you have 1 fuck up anywhere, mites, PM, Root Aphids, male plant sneak through, mold, whatever guess what your crop is fucked and you lost huge. You have to be on top of your grow enviroment DAILY in case something happends so you can catch it and save it and fix the error or problem. If not your fucked and so is your garden. There is no time off at all if your in this game to make quality meds for the collective your a member of. ZERO TIME OFF AT ALL. Remember this.

Im not trying to be a dick to you Im giving you a real reality check on whats about to come as far as the real work thats coming if you chose to ignore the real farmers advice here on this forum. Theres a wealth of information on this site alone and some hella cool cats here that grow bigtime quality meds that will swallow your buds up in glass jar. Dank ass buds that will blow you away when you see them. They make it look easy trust me on here. Its not easy at all. Its fucking hard work and determination and dedication beyond comprehension. But I guarantee to you that 90% of the honest farmers that are really in this game that make a living at it will say the same thing I just told you or warned you about. Because if your growing 12 as a hobby or just to get some simple cash here or there type deal the dispensaries/collectives can see it and they don't want it.

My last advice is to stay in school get a degree in something worth while.

Just my thoughs while I wait for my rez to settle.

:talking

hiboy

hiboy

The American dream.. owning ur own business.... white picket fence. Two dogs in the yard.. a couple buns in the oven.
The nightmare..... mites infest ur crops, or mold or cops or it comes out krappy,,, and u cant pay mortgage.. always have a job for the basic expenses.. and whateva u can get on the side is priceless
h

phenotyper

phenotyper

Yeah, this is not my day job, but I think I enjoy the process more that way. I have a couple of advanced degrees in electrical engineering and computer science, but this is a way to escape to a different part of existence. I'd make growing your hobby, once you get the hang of it, grow for a while, then maybe you can think about supplementing your income.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Yeah, this is not my day job, but I think I enjoy the process more that way. I have a couple of advanced degrees in electrical engineering and computer science, but this is a way to escape to a different part of existence. I'd make growing your hobby, once you get the hang of it, grow for a while, then maybe you can think about supplementing your income.

This is basically my plan, trying to get a 9-5'er with my degree im working towards in Horticulture/Nursery Greenhouse management and just doing this as a hobby and supp the income every 2-3 months.

Anyone have thoughts on ideas such as this? Grow enough for your meds plus a elbow or so to have some supp income every few months..?

hiboy

hiboy

That ship already left the port man. Sorry to tell you. If I was you and really wanted to grow Id be waiting and watching what happends next here in Cali and then make moves based on the outcome on whats about the happen or not happen here. The game will be defined by the Supreme Court in California.

Here is the reality right here right now for you. The market is saturated and growers that are set up with real grow rooms/buildings etc. and have roots here in SOCAL so to speak are waiting for the "SHOW TIME CHARLIES" to leave the game so the regular growers can get back to work so the prices can get back to where they belong and the cheap bastard collective owners low balling growers for their reinbursement either get back in the game correctly or drop off the map.

(My Feeling and Opinion Only) California is not going to overturn this state law that we all voted for. Its going to be a different game and regulated a bit differently.

(Reality Check) Starting out now in the game with no contacts, no collectives to work with and no grow room set up is way too risky now financially. Are you rich and have time to kill than c'mon on in the water is warm. Hope you got people/contractors/electricians lined up that will keep their big mouth shut when your doing your build out. There use to be over 700 dispensaries here and they are all but gone. Only a few left in the game that are holding out and waiting to see how the cards are done for them. Do yourself a favor and dream another dream for the time being. Plus 12 plants in my opionion is a waste of time and energy. Not enough weight for the Collectives. They dont reimburse for ounces they deal in pounds. Show up with your sample gram/nugget in hand and the elbow in your car ready to rock. No elbow to show the buyers then fuck off then. This is how they role. They know your showing your best nug man. They want to see what they are getting. They dont want to wait for you to come back tomorrow etc.

(REALITY) Growing is a full time fucking job and major committment by the person doing all the work thats gonna be YOU!. If your quiet and nobody knows what your doing? Guess what YOU are doing it by yourself solo like Vanilla Ice Son. Your wife will get sick of it after the first time trust me. It becomes YOUR whole life and your main priority. This is not a part time at all type gig and pass by the plants and feed them here and there type deal. I havent seen it if your doing it for real to work with collectives/dispensaries.

(MORE REALITY) Are you sick today, dont feel good whatever? Fuck it the plants are hungry get up and feed weather you like or not and your sick as shit. Hope you had your nutes pre done a day ahead otherwise your waiting for the PH to settle for a while while your sitting on the pot. Missed a day or two of feeding and your plants could be wilted and wont snap back and your fucked. Got a date to do need to do something or an appointment to see your doctor or dentist? Think again. Better schedule your days around your feeding program and do your feeding later when you get back because your clothes are gonna stink like holly hell and you cant be going into public after you hand feed your 12 plants and their in week 7 or 8 and are stinky. Got to change and shower up before you leave the warehouse.

(MORE REALITY) Had plans for the weekend and thought you could feed on Friday night before you left to escape for Vegas or some shit? Guess what you aint going because your air conditioning died and your in a panic to get the shit fixed without anybody knowing what your doing in your grow room. Better have an AC guy on call that you can trust in your grow room. Too much work, too much hassle, too much energy for 12 plants that might get maybe 2 pounds off of 12 plants maybe depending on what your growing and how your growing. (GENERAL STATEMENT and ASSUMPTION) 3.5 oz per plant dried and cured that cost you countless hundreds of hours, electricity, nutes, water if you get everything right. If you have 1 fuck up anywhere, mites, PM, Root Aphids, male plant sneak through, mold, whatever guess what your crop is fucked and you lost huge. You have to be on top of your grow enviroment DAILY in case something happends so you can catch it and save it and fix the error or problem. If not your fucked and so is your garden. There is no time off at all if your in this game to make quality meds for the collective your a member of. ZERO TIME OFF AT ALL. Remember this.

Im not trying to be a dick to you Im giving you a real reality check on whats about to come as far as the real work thats coming if you chose to ignore the real farmers advice here on this forum. Theres a wealth of information on this site alone and some hella cool cats here that grow bigtime quality meds that will swallow your buds up in glass jar. Dank ass buds that will blow you away when you see them. They make it look easy trust me on here. Its not easy at all. Its fucking hard work and determination and dedication beyond comprehension. But I guarantee to you that 90% of the honest farmers that are really in this game that make a living at it will say the same thing I just told you or warned you about. Because if your growing 12 as a hobby or just to get some simple cash here or there type deal the dispensaries/collectives can see it and they don't want it.

My last advice is to stay in school get a degree in something worth while.

Just my thoughs while I wait for my rez to settle.

:talking

word brotha
this is the hard truth.
dog eat dog.
u got no connects u mite as well kiss ya ass goodbye for a few years when ur in the game
it aint so simple to grow pot and dish it.... and be safe and a playa...
h

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
YOU MUST SPREAD SOME REP BEFORE GIVING TO SAMCRO AGAIN>

Samcro,

you have spoken the gospel brotha!!!! One of the best most honest posts I have read in a long time. Its midnight and I am still defoliating and changing res's. I been at it since about 4pm.. If you arent on top of it, REALLY on top of your game, its game over. Even when you are on top of it, like hiboy said you can get soem bullshit PM or mites and then your done. Lost 2 crops in a row last year from PM. THANK GOD I have a real job too.

Its hard fuckin work, and if you are smart you have to be a hermit... its not easy. It makes you a little paranoid if you are doing things right... I think this forum is one of the best things for us. I love to be able to talk to people about growing meds. You cant do that shit outside. Never know who may be listenin.

Top Bottom