Selling Weed....legally To Dispensaries?

• Thread starter xavier7995
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That maori club would be considered the same as a gun here in kalifornistan muir,could probably get away with the harbor freight hammer though lol.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I am not sure if that last question was for me but I can tell you YES. Walk-ins were common and still are common. But his language definitely makes me believe it is not legal after those last two revision. Still happens on the regular anyhow.
Again, please elaborate. It doesn't 'still happens on the regular', unless the year is 2010. If your assertion is true, then I believe that you would not be the only one in this thread saying what you are. I have seen the exact opposite.

Who buys home-grown without paperwork? Do you think MMC's would put themselves at risk like that? I don't think it makes much sense, but that's 'the regular' now imo.

A

All9

why spend 6 to 7 figures to start a business and then throw it away buying grey market product? If its happening anywhere its shady. There is no legal way and never will be any more these days. especially with product testing and pesticides. Metrc tracks everything and if your numbers don't match, that raises a flag with the MED. Great way to have a MED investigator go over the corn in your shit with a fine tooth comb. Might have happened back in the cowboy days as posted by localgrowguy stated, but those days are long gone.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
That maori club would be considered the same as a gun here in kalifornistan muir,could probably get away with the harbor freight hammer though lol.
Maori

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

why spend 6 to 7 figures to start a business and then throw it away buying grey market product? If its happening anywhere its shady. There is no legal way and never will be any more these days. especially with product testing and pesticides. Metrc tracks everything and if your numbers don't match, that raises a flag with the MED. Great way to have a MED investigator go over the corn in your shit with a fine tooth comb. Might have happened back in the cowboy days as posted by localgrowguy stated, but those days are long gone.
I know where you are coming from but it still happens regularly. I don't know how they manipulate METRC but I have a few guesses.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I know where you are coming from but it still happens regularly. I don't know how they manipulate METRC but I have a few guesses.
Please do share. I can't wait.

How does one go to an MMC and sell them your homegrown flower without documentation, testing, or anything else.

muir

muir

multi layers of fraud is the only way. Why would someone buy BM weed to bring in to a store and risk the consequences when there is a glut of cheap weed already within the system.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Its like a liquor store going out of their way to procure and sell moonshine (pre legal moonshine craze). I just can't figure out why anyone would risk their legal business involving it in illegal things. Good analogy as well since I would expect the black market pot to cost more than a legitimate enterprise could grow it...unless maybe some outdoor but no one would want to buy that, moonshine is also pretty damn expensive if you compare it against comparable quality spirits.

That said, people do all sorts of stupid and weird things that defy logic. lookin at chu cam. http://www.westword.com/news/update...ollowing-forged-documents-allegations-6282423

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

multi layers of fraud is the only way. Why would someone buy BM weed to bring in to a store and risk the consequences when there is a glut of cheap weed already within the system.
It's about as likely as an MMC blasting butane in a hotel room.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

What if someone offered you a cut of some fire sativa. Would you take the cut, grow it out, test it, and then clone it and sell it at the dispensaries if it was worthy? Or would you have to get all your cuts from a guy in a white lab coat at a government facility?

Haha! Trick question! Dispensaries dont grow fire sativas.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What if someone offered you a cut of some fire sativa. Would you take the cut, grow it out, test it, and then clone it and sell it at the dispensaries if it was worthy? Or would you have to get all your cuts from a guy in a white lab coat at a government facility?

Haha! Trick question! Dispensaries dont grow fire sativas.
nice

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Its like a liquor store going out of their way to procure and sell moonshine (pre legal moonshine craze). I just can't figure out why anyone would risk their legal business involving it in illegal things. Good analogy as well since I would expect the black market pot to cost more than a legitimate enterprise could grow it...unless maybe some outdoor but no one would want to buy that, moonshine is also pretty damn expensive if you compare it against comparable quality spirits.

That said, people do all sorts of stupid and weird things that defy logic. lookin at chu cam. http://www.westword.com/news/update...ollowing-forged-documents-allegations-6282423
The reasons are lack of supply wholesale from other licensed grows. Consumers are purchasing more than any dispensary can handle. It is easy to understand- especially when you consider that dispensaries are not only competing for whats left over for them to procure but competing on strain variety. There isn't enough yet to satisfy customers. Oh- and I would not recommend duffle-bagging it in a million years. That would be a terrible idea. I'd expect to see this trend reversing as some of the larger dispensaries get their very large grows up.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

The reasons are lack of supply wholesale from other licensed grows. Consumers are purchasing more than any dispensary can handle. It is easy to understand- especially when you consider that dispensaries are not only competing for whats left over for them to procure but competing on strain variety. There isn't enough yet to satisfy customers. Oh- and I would not recommend duffle-bagging it in a million years. That would be a terrible idea. I'd expect to see this trend reversing as some of the larger dispensaries get their very large grows up.
Are you saying there is a shortage of strain variety in denver area mmc's?

How does a lack of wholesale supply hurt mmc's when that supply can't exceed 30% due to vertical integration?

If consumers are purchasing more than any disp can handle, why is denver limiting the number of grows and/or reducing approvals of new spots? Doesn't that seem counter productive given the negative publicity of busy and higher traffic and higher crime (all incorrect) around mmc's, at least according to leo and the 'think of the kids' crowd. Where are you getting your information regarding limited strain variety? The first spot I clicked on weedmaps has 3 indicas, 6 sativas, and 5 hybrids. That's not enough of a variety for you?
I'd rather see fewer strains and higher quality than a hundred strains that smell like hay.
I'm still really hoping you share your thoughts on this.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I'm still really hoping you share your thoughts on this.

I wonder if the old switcheroo is possible. Grow some crappy weed and record X amount of weight, buy weed from black market, switch them out and sell the higher quality BM weed, you can put whatever sticker name on the jar on the shelf, record sales of the BM weed under whatever tag was given to the crappy weed.

Just speculating:)

That still doesn't make it make any sort of economic or logical sense...but that is how I think you could get it on the shelves and sell it, without having any actual knowledge of if that would even be feasible.

Top Bottom