Selling Weed....legally To Dispensaries?

• Thread starter xavier7995
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Someone should start a chain of dispensaries that carry only top shelf properly cured bud and sell sativas...

muir

muir

Someone should start a chain of dispensaries that carry only top shelf properly cured bud and sell sativas...
the general public (the majority of cannabis consumers) would look down their noses at real sativas and ask for Golden Goat.

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Are you saying there is a shortage of strain variety in denver area mmc's?

How does a lack of wholesale supply hurt mmc's when that supply can't exceed 30% due to vertical integration?

If consumers are purchasing more than any disp can handle, why is denver limiting the number of grows and/or reducing approvals of new spots? Doesn't that seem counter productive given the negative publicity of busy and higher traffic and higher crime (all incorrect) around mmc's, at least according to leo and the 'think of the kids' crowd. Where are you getting your information regarding limited strain variety? The first spot I clicked on weedmaps has 3 indicas, 6 sativas, and 5 hybrids. That's not enough of a variety for you?
I'd rather see fewer strains and higher quality than a hundred strains that smell like hay.

I'm still really hoping you share your thoughts on this.
Sure I'll share my thoughts. The market does not work the way YOU individually want it to no matter how hard you may try and convince yourself it does. You do not represent the consumer and I would be surprised if you spend much of any time visiting dispensaries of all kind in the Denver area on a regular basis- aren't you a grower? Finally, the MED makes regulations based on a number of factors which sometimes do not align with the values we would like them to. Dispensaries are chronically low on product- no pun intended and that is a well known fact. Any other questions you have?

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

And yes- same for me. I would like it if dispensaries focused moe on quality of product rather than quantity but the key differentiator between shops is what strains they carry and the selection. People do not want to only have access to the same 5 strains- they want variety. Most want the Wal-Mart of weed not the Costco.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Sure I'll share my thoughts. The market does not work the way YOU individually want it to no matter how hard you may try and convince yourself it does. You do not represent the consumer and I would be surprised if you spend much of any time visiting dispensaries of all kind in the Denver area on a regular basis- aren't you a grower? Finally, the MED makes regulations based on a number of factors which sometimes do not align with the values we would like them to. Dispensaries are chronically low on product- no pun intended and that is a well known fact. Any other questions you have?
You shouldn't make assumptions so blindly. I still don't see your explanation of how black market weed makes in into mmc's. That's what I asked you to expound upon, because I think that idea is laughably implausible for reasons already posted by not just myself. You replied to me specifically and that's fine, but you still fail to show even a hint as to why your statement is correct. I am simply asking where you got your info, and I am still waiting, but you should know that I don't care. Seems simple to me but I'm probably missing something. I don't even know what 'market' you refer to but that doesn't matter in the slightest.
I don't pretend that I represent consumers as my own individual situation is different than everyone else's, and I am not sure I even made that claim. I am involved in various capacities with many different parts of the marijuana industry in Colorado, medical or otherwise, so you are right that I don't just represent consumers. That's a ridiculous statement for anyone to say that their own personal situation somehow qualifies them as an expert in the field, at least for me. My status as a farmer has no bearing on this discussion, and I am not sure why growing my own means I don't go to mmc's. Perhaps you can explain that to me (please don't waste your time).
I don't give a shit about variety on the shelves or why popular strains are popular, I asked you precisely how black market flower ends up in mmc's. I don't care to muddy the waters discussing MED regulations unless we are discussing how those regulations affect your claim that black market herb is on mmc shelves. The only reason I mentioned variety was to state my opinion that I view 14 strains as perfectly acceptable. Why do you keep mentioning 5 strains? I will happily concede that sometimes inventory gets low, but I disagree with your repeated claim of mmc's with 'the same five strains'. Do you have a list of those mmc's that only carry five strains as policy? You seem eager to use that figure.

"Most want the Wal-Mart of weed not the Costco."
I have read and reread this and I have no idea what the hell this means. Nice job?

I'm not interested in a dick swinging or resume contest on the internet. You win, good luck.

Welcome to the farm, this place is amazing.

xavier7995

xavier7995

wal-mart offers a bunch of different choices of brands of one type of product, costco has just one brand per product type...i spent a while staring at it as well.

I don't really go to dispensaries anymore, but when I did I don't think I ever saw them running low unless it was 420 or it was an absolute garbage shop. That sounds kinda contradictory since I often argue that the reason the quality is low is they are pushing hard to meet the demand...well that demand isn't demanding a proper dry and cure, just products on the shelf. I think they do a good job of that, I never find myself thinking "gee, i hope the weed store isn't out of weed."

muir

muir

for what it's worth, I opened my shop with 28 varieties of very nice selections. Some very heady stuff on the shelf.
What sells the best? Golden fucking Goat, because just like me in the wine isle of the liquor store people are scared to go beyond what they are familiar with.
You know what the general cannabis buying public wants? They want to be told what's best and will buy what you tell them to. Sad but true. The cannabis consumer needs an education badly.

I have a 3 dozen plus varieties in my 1200sf barn sold out front in my shop for no more than 200 buck and as low as 140 (tax included) for non pesticide and fungicide flowers while there are shops in town with 300plus ounces. It's a gummy and vape pen market, the heady market is really just developing

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

wal-mart offers a bunch of different choices of brands of one type of product, costco has just one brand per product type...i spent a while staring at it as well.

I don't really go to dispensaries anymore, but when I did I don't think I ever saw them running low unless it was 420 or it was an absolute garbage shop. That sounds kinda contradictory since I often argue that the reason the quality is low is they are pushing hard to meet the demand...well that demand isn't demanding a proper dry and cure, just products on the shelf. I think they do a good job of that, I never find myself thinking "gee, i hope the weed store isn't out of weed."
Thank you.

xavier7995

xavier7995

for what it's worth, I opened my shop with 28 varieties of very nice selections. Some very heady stuff on the shelf.
What sells the best? Golden fucking Goat, because just like me in the wine isle of the liquor store people are scared to go beyond what they are familiar with.
You know what the general cannabis buying public wants? They want to be told what's best and will buy what you tell them to. Sad but true. The cannabis consumer needs an education badly.

I have a 3 dozen plus varieties in my 1200sf barn sold out front in my shop for no more than 200 buck and as low as 140 (tax included) for non pesticide and fungicide flowers while there are shops in town with 300plus ounces. It's a gummy and vape pen market, the heady market is really just developing

I believe I saw your shop the other day, great location assuming it was:) Hope I have a chance to swing in and say hello.

I saw someone say that you are pretty limited in what genetics shops have access to due to various legal reasons. Did you find that to be the case? It seems crazy to me that I can legally buy whatever seeds (we are just going to ignore the shipping aspect if I were to buy online) and do my thing but there isn't some way for dispensaries to source seeds worldwide. From what I gather, legally you can give seeds away, could someone donate seeds to a dispensary? I can sort of understand the shipping aspect as being a reason, but I would think once here and grown/produced for one round...there would be little reason to not allow it. I just ask because I think I saw where you were trying to find CO based seed producers when you were setting up shop. That sort of begs the question of how a seed producer is able to get new genetics into the mix.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I believe I saw your shop the other day, great location assuming it was:) Hope I have a chance to swing in and say hello.

I saw someone say that you are pretty limited in what genetics shops have access to due to various legal reasons. Did you find that to be the case? It seems crazy to me that I can legally buy whatever seeds (we are just going to ignore the shipping aspect if I were to buy online) and do my thing but there isn't some way for dispensaries to source seeds worldwide. From what I gather, legally you can give seeds away, could someone donate seeds to a dispensary? I can sort of understand the shipping aspect as being a reason, but I would think once here and grown/produced for one round...there would be little reason to not allow it. I just ask because I think I saw where you were trying to find CO based seed producers when you were setting up shop. That sort of begs the question of how a seed producer is able to get new genetics into the mix.
I wouldn't like to be stopped by federals crossing a state line even if decriminalise in both states

xavier7995

xavier7995

I know...i don't like to leave CO, not having the stuff in my pocket be illegal is marvelous.

Utah...you look pretty, maybe we will hang out in like 20 years or so.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I went to a dispensary in longmont that sells seeds, I think it was called the bud stop.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I went to a dispensary in longmont that sells seeds, I think it was called the bud stop.
I was thinking more along the lines of if a dispensary could obtain seeds via a method other than buying from a licensed CO supplier; for instance, could they somehow obtain (legal gray area there) seeds from lets say breeders in amsterdam. Is that possible with existing regulations? Basically where does seed to sale tracking start? Does the source of the seeds matter or is it just "I have 10 seeds that will be grown into 10 plants?" Can they bring in a great cut from a buddy in a bunker somewhere in the desert of AZ? etc.

I bet the answer is pretty apparent to anyone working with the metrc stuff....off to go google and see if I can figure out my question. So far its a bit vague on when the process starts other than saying when its first planted, is that a clone, a sprout, etc.? Do the dispensaries have access to their own metrc data? It seems like it would be a goldmine of info for business analysis purposes.

Vivianqueen

Vivianqueen

Not all dispensaries are legal some hide behind their legal documents to work in collaboration with Scammers. I am saying this out of experience. A website i found online scammed me and they have an entity(That is a setup dispensary where you can go and visit). I I think medical marijuana should be encouraged anyways and i must say it that way because i have been suffering for over 13 years....i was suffering from severe pains ,PTS and at the same time sleeping problem. Imagine for over 13 years someone can't find sleep despite pills i have been taking prescribed to me by my doctors. With all this and you fall in the hands of scammers. I must thank God today for my life and my friend he used to locate this real dispensary for me that served me according. I must say this company is should be given each year awards for they are very supper fast in delivery and they have quality strains and guides to help patients. They fantastic. Once more thanks for this dispensary is really a source everyone should recommend for those who need help. Also the in states that Medical Marijuana is not yet legalized,The Government should consider some cases to let delivery to because many doesn't find the card necessary and that is because they haven't yet gotten to the stage where only Medical Marijuana can help them...just like me i never knew because i was from one hospital to another,from one doctor to another but really this Company i was recommended to truly showed me marijuana is above pills

Dan789

Dan789

Not all dispensaries are legal some hide behind their legal documents to work in collaboration with Scammers. I am saying this out of experience. A website i found online scammed me and they have an entity(That is a setup dispensary where you can go and visit). I I think medical marijuana should be encouraged anyways and i must say it that way because i have been suffering for over 13 years....i was suffering from severe pains ,PTS and at the same time sleeping problem. Imagine for over 13 years someone can't find sleep despite pills i have been taking prescribed to me by my doctors. With all this and you fall in the hands of scammers. I must thank God today for my life and my friend he used to locate this real dispensary for me that served me according. I must say this company is should be given each year awards for they are very supper fast in delivery and they have quality strains and guides to help patients. They fantastic. Once more thanks for this dispensary is really a source everyone should recommend for those who need help. Also the in states that Medical Marijuana is not yet legalized,The Government should consider some cases to let delivery to because many doesn't find the card necessary and that is because they haven't yet gotten to the stage where only Medical Marijuana can help them...just like me i never knew because i was from one hospital to another,from one doctor to another but really this Company i was recommended to truly showed me marijuana is above pills
Glad you found someone to help, lots of new snake oil and always plenty of those wanting to make a fast buck off someone else.
Second the aversion to what the medical community prescribes... see above comments on snake oil. Hopeful that you’re getting something to help, next step would be joining those who grow it themselves, cutting out all the middlemen’s profits...Then you’ll be secure in what your ingesting into your body is exactly what you think and believe it to be...

BigCube

BigCube

See thats what I thought, I looked really briefly and it looked like that would be an option if you got the caregiver license/registration; but well I think I failed mightily at looking at the published dates of what i read and to see if there had been any new updates.

CA, you are the land of milk and honey when it comes to having a legit gray market, but welp, you are going to fall in the ocean.

edit: I think most growers would be jazzed to have a legal outlet to unload their product. I can't imagine dispensaries paying all that much, 1.5-2k if you are lucky, but to me that would beat the hell out of the uncertainty you have dealing with a local black market that has crappy prices or the risk that comes with shipping to illegal lands. 10k to be able to grow/sell say...100 plants or whatever, man that would be great.

Most growers grow for themselves. I wouldn't sell a stitch to anyone. It would be less for me to have. Maybe I'd sell my trim. But only maybe.

Top Bottom