Sending unrooted clones

• Thread starter l33t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

l33t

Hi all

A friend is gonna send me some unrooted SSH clones that a friend will grow in his place , and I was wondering if it would be good to add some cloning powder or gel before sending them.

I usually send and receive rooted clones so I don't have any experience with mailing unrooted cuts.

They will take a day to get to their destination as I m gonna use a fast courier service.

So do you think a ziplock with just some wet cotton around the cut will do it or should some cloning gel or powder be used?

any comments will be appreciated

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Paper towel and zip locks work just fine l33t.

N

n0dn4rb

x3 on the above.....works like a charm and have heard that they can stay alive up to a week this way....

L

l33t

thank you all for the replys

n0dn4rb

yeah I ve heard about people sending cuts from the states to europe this way and had great success , I was just wondering if the rooting gel/powder would do any good in this case or if should be avoided for some reason

Thanks again

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I think the hormone is just unnecessary is all, especially if the cuts are meant to be diced up and rooted once they arrive.

G

grizz

also in warmer weather use cool packs or somerhing frozen to keep them fresh, really don't think talking about our methods in open forum is a great idea, we don't need leo getting any smarter

C

cali2

sometimes I keep cuts in water for days till I get to um, they alwys come thru, no gel nothin but water. Im sure as long as they're moist its the same shit. Just my 2 cents.

M

mato

All those methods work great I'm sure, I just thought I'd add my tested and tried method as well. You can use these little vial type things where you can place a good deal of water inside, and this ensures that even if the weather is unfavorable or there are unforeseen delays, the babies will be well. Works for rooted and non rooted clones.

PHIAL-16CC.jpg

Top Bottom