• Tagged users None
H

Hydronpk

Sentinel gps icg 30 lp co2 generator problem
Sentinel gps icg 30 lp co2 generator problem 2
Sentinel gps icg 30 lp co2 generator problem 3
Sentinel gps icg 30 lp co2 generator problem 4
Sentinel gps icg 30 lp co2 generator problem 5
Hi Everybody, first post here i hope it’s in the right place..

I’m having big troubles with my Co2 burner and the plants. They’re growing not slow but they don’t look as i want. The setup is:

-Gavita 6/750 (At 100% 5ft away)
-House & Garden Nutrients (EC 1.7-1.9)
-Sentinel ICG-30 LP (700-1000ppm)
-Environment 77-79F 65-73%

There is always the Propane smell after the Generator go off, not like filling the room with Gas smell but i can smell it and dissapear overtime. The flame looks Blue and the Burners clean.
I’ve read that Co2 is better hotter...Well, i’ve tried 80-84 and they look worse every degree up so i went back to 77-79 and they look better. Not long ago my Propane Tank was empty and Co2 stopped and dropped to ~300 and the plants were praying so happy. That tells me my Burner is the problem but i hope i’m wrong.

The plants are 21 days old since Plug day still in Veg. You can notice in the single pictures how shitty they look because they are under the burner, Heat is not a issue in my garden so consider that and i run another room with the same settings and nutrients without the Burner and the plants looks amazing (last pix) but again i could be wrong.. I turn it off yesterday and the plants look better this morning, gonna leave it off for few days to see what happen..

Please HELP and Thank you!✌

P

PharmHand

The
View attachment 858681 View attachment 858682 View attachment 858683 View attachment 858684 View attachment 858685 Hi Everybody, first post here i hope it’s in the right place..

I’m having big troubles with my Co2 burner and the plants. They’re growing not slow but they don’t look as i want. The setup is:

-Gavita 6/750 (At 100% 5ft away)
-House & Garden Nutrients (EC 1.7-1.9)
-Sentinel ICG-30 LP (700-1000ppm)
-Environment 77-79F 65-73%

There is always the Propane smell after the Generator go off, not like filling the room with Gas smell but i can smell it and dissapear overtime. The flame looks Blue and the Burners clean.
I’ve read that Co2 is better hotter...Well, i’ve tried 80-84 and they look worse every degree up so i went back to 77-79 and they look better. Not long ago my Propane Tank was empty and Co2 stopped and dropped to ~300 and the plants were praying so happy. That tells me my Burner is the problem but i hope i’m wrong.

The plants are 21 days old since Plug day still in Veg. You can notice in the single pictures how shitty they look because they are under the burner, Heat is not a issue in my garden so consider that and i run another room with the same settings and nutrients without the Burner and the plants looks amazing (last pix) but again i could be wrong.. I turn it off yesterday and the plants look better this morning, gonna leave it off for few days to see what happen..

Please HELP and Thank you!✌
They don’t look too droopy, those pics since you’ve turned it off? I’ve ran and seen many burners ran in various situations both successfully and with the issues you describe. What’s your co2 levels set at? And do you ease them into increased levels? Why the tank in the room?

Imo, burners are shit- even on the largest scales. If the room is sealed burners make zero sense when there’s bottled ,and for large scales, liquid co2 available for reasonable prices.

Last edited:
H

Hydronpk

The

They don’t look too droopy, those pics since you’ve turned it off? I’ve ran and seen many burners ran in various situations both successfully and with the issues you describe. What’s your co2 levels set at? And do you ease them into increased levels? Why the tank in the room?

Imo, burners are shit- even on the largest scales. If the room is sealed burners make zero sense when there’s bottled ,and for large scales, liquid co2 available for reasonable prices.
Hey Thanks for stopping by.
Not to brag or bs but my plants never looked worst than these since i put the burner in, look at the health difference in last photo. I started Veg at 600-700ppm and when they take off i rise to 800-900 when lights are boosted, anyway they always put a bit more but i haven’t exceed 1100ppm.
I’ve seen tanks in the room and i thought it was fine.. I use the same Burner as Jungleboys since i thought was the best but then i found out they use NG and he mentioned here that Propane was trash “after i bought mine”
I’ve decided go to Bottled Gas and still use my Sentinel Controller with 20lb bottles around and fuck it, that one is the BEST way, no heat or combustion shit and no smell either. VPD will be even more dialed.

P

PharmHand

If you put in a small exhaust and vent it periodically ,it would probably solve your issues.

The tank in the room just freaks me out haha I slept in a bedroom above a grow w a burner back in the day.... it would give me nightmares. I was checking every single fitting I could a couple times a week w soapy water looking for leaks. Never found one and also never smelled gas tho? That’s sketchy as hell. I don’t think a burner is a good idea in a completely sealed room. A compound is added to LPG to make it smell and when burned it produces other potentially harmful gases that build up in sealed rooms causing issues. Some refineries add more smell compounds or less ,which might explain why some people have issues in completely sealed rooms while others don’t. Or even say one batch of gas to the next might differ in amounts added- it wouldn’t matter in most situations the gas is designed for since ventilation is always required w combustion of anything.

I think it’s especially important to ventilate early on when using a burner since the plants themselves are small and not producing much oxygen to feed that flame. And that will make the problem worse since the oxygen is required for complete combustion to avoid monoxide.....

Idk , lugging tanks around is good for you, if you’re able lol. Man up and get the fifty’s lol. Or go liquid if you’re big time and legit- get that shit delivered :p

And keep any and all wind away from the flame/unit

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ah the good ole mystery that took me forever to figure out. I would turn the burner on and my plants would go to shit. Turn it off and 2 to 3 days later way better. BTW same burner older model.

You need to move your tank out of the room. The regulator will bleed a small amount out of the tank. In a totally sealed room that is bad. You can also have the above problems like @PharmHand mentioned. You will usually see residue on your burner. This can be caused by the wrong setting or by having too much air movement around the burner if is by a minisplit ,vent, fan ect.

H

Hydronpk

If you put in a small exhaust and vent it periodically ,it would probably solve your issues.

The tank in the room just freaks me out haha I slept in a bedroom above a grow w a burner back in the day.... it would give me nightmares. I was checking every single fitting I could a couple times a week w soapy water looking for leaks. Never found one and also never smelled gas tho? That’s sketchy as hell. I don’t think a burner is a good idea in a completely sealed room. A compound is added to LPG to make it smell and when burned it produces other potentially harmful gases that build up in sealed rooms causing issues. Some refineries add more smell compounds or less ,which might explain why some people have issues in completely sealed rooms while others don’t. Or even say one batch of gas to the next might differ in amounts added- it wouldn’t matter in most situations the gas is designed for since ventilation is always required w combustion of anything.

I think it’s especially important to ventilate early on when using a burner since the plants themselves are small and not producing much oxygen to feed that flame. And that will make the problem worse since the oxygen is required for complete combustion to avoid monoxide.....

Idk , lugging tanks around is good for you, if you’re able lol. Man up and get the fifty’s lol. Or go liquid if you’re big time and legit- get that shit delivered :p

And keep any and all wind away from the flame/unit
Thank you for the tips. Over the years i’ve tested Exchange vs Sealed, i’ll never exchange again and this is why. First of all you can’t control the environment “optimal” VPD exchanging, especially with dry climate here and if you live in humid places the dehumidifier will kick more often and heat the room disturbing VPD again. Also Sealed its the cleanest way, zero bugs and debris, mold spores, etc ”doesn’t matter what equipment you got” something will always get in. People think we need Oxygen pumped in at night thats bs, plants create the Oxygen during the day with the water we provide and btw if you exchange at night you’ll waste the Co2 they release to use the next morning. I always asked myself, if i can breathe when i go in at night, then they will. This is my experience over the years burning plants and watching disasters
So bro i went with Gas today and i’m waiting for the Regulator to setup the Lab and see how it works. No more fucking Propane ever and i was a bit worried about an explosion inside the house too.
I get the 20lb to check how long it last, otherwise i’ll get the 50s.

H

Hydronpk

Ah the good ole mystery that took me forever to figure out. I would turn the burner on and my plants would go to shit. Turn it off and 2 to 3 days later way better. BTW same burner older model.

You need to move your tank out of the room. The regulator will bleed a small amount out of the tank. In a totally sealed room that is bad. You can also have the above problems like @PharmHand mentioned. You will usually see residue on your burner. This can be caused by the wrong setting or by having too much air movement around the burner if is by a minisplit ,vent, fan ect.
Thank you✌
So your burner was fine just the tank inside was the problem? I went with Gas today and problem fixed but i would like to know what it was lol

H

Hydronpk

They should mention this simple step in the fuckin manual instead fuckin people’s rooms. I’m done with burners anyway the A/C its gonna thank me. If you think about it Gas pays by itself, you’ll waste more money in power with burners than the other way..
Thanks for clarifying.

P

PharmHand

Thank you for the tips. Over the years i’ve tested Exchange vs Sealed, i’ll never exchange again and this is why. First of all you can’t control the environment “optimal” VPD exchanging, especially with dry climate here and if you live in humid places the dehumidifier will kick more often and heat the room disturbing VPD again. Also Sealed its the cleanest way, zero bugs and debris, mold spores, etc ”doesn’t matter what equipment you got” something will always get in. People think we need Oxygen pumped in at night thats bs, plants create the Oxygen during the day with the water we provide and btw if you exchange at night you’ll waste the Co2 they release to use the next morning. I always asked myself, if i can breathe when i go in at night, then they will. This is my experience over the years burning plants and watching disasters
So bro i went with Gas today and i’m waiting for the Regulator to setup the Lab and see how it works. No more fucking Propane ever and i was a bit worried about an explosion inside the house too.
I get the 20lb to check how long it last, otherwise i’ll get the 50s.
For the most part I run sealed, no exhaust. But you will notice, if you’re rooms are extremely well sealed like mine, the co2 will be sitting somewhere in the 2-3k range come morning after a 12 hour dark period. That is by no means ideal. I like to get that co2 down at night, it helps with root development and respiration. Plus extended periods of ultra high co2 can drop your mediums ph. Plants love it and pray harder come morning with lower nighttime co2 levels - open stomata.

I like to run Intake exhaust crossovers between two rooms otherwise sealed to any outside air. You can save A LOT of gas that way as each nighttime room feeds the daytime back n forth. So long as the air is adequately filtered there’s no risk of pathogens cross contaminating between the two rooms. It helps w humidity/temp spikes too acting as a massive buffer of air between the two rooms combined air mass. Only trouble is you can’t get that nighttime co2 level below what you’ve got your daytime levels set at. Still it’s much better than the massive co2 spikes.

A friends I designed has thoroughly filtered 6” intake/exhaust setups strictly for nighttime ventilation. And let me tell ya that lil 6” does MORE for humidity removal than the Anden 300 plus a 150 in there - no lie. It definitely uses more gas than the rooms above but co2 is very reasonably priced where I’m at ,idk it’s worth it IMO

H

Hydronpk

For the most part I run sealed, no exhaust. But you will notice, if you’re rooms are extremely well sealed like mine, the co2 will be sitting somewhere in the 2-3k range come morning after a 12 hour dark period. That is by no means ideal. I like to get that co2 down at night, it helps with root development and respiration. Plus extended periods of ultra high co2 can drop your mediums ph. Plants love it and pray harder come morning with lower nighttime co2 levels - open stomata.

I like to run Intake exhaust crossovers between two rooms otherwise sealed to any outside air. You can save A LOT of gas that way as each nighttime room feeds the daytime back n forth. So long as the air is adequately filtered there’s no risk of pathogens cross contaminating between the two rooms. It helps w humidity/temp spikes too acting as a massive buffer of air between the two rooms combined air mass. Only trouble is you can’t get that nighttime co2 level below what you’ve got your daytime levels set at. Still it’s much better than the massive co2 spikes.

A friends I designed has thoroughly filtered 6” intake/exhaust setups strictly for nighttime ventilation. And let me tell ya that lil 6” does MORE for humidity removal than the Anden 300 plus a 150 in there - no lie. It definitely uses more gas than the rooms above but co2 is very reasonably priced where I’m at ,idk it’s worth it IMO
Mmm my Co2 at night never pass 650s during respiration, i set my Controller to start 30min after lights comes on and 1 1/2hour before they go off to drop it to 400-500s before they go sleep during flower. In Veg the Co2 its 24/7 because the lights are 12/12 always lights on. This is how i discovered that Co2 at night doesn’t hurt as i thought and they don’t need full darkness to take a rest either..
I guess every room is treated different to control you know, the more plants the more Co2 they’ll transpire at night. I advise you to let it in the room and the plants will take it. I’ve had 2000-2300ppms when i had a boiler in the garage and the looked perfect, even at night so don’t believe the myth +1500 is poisonous..✌

P

PharmHand

I’ve got my co2 controllers on a timer set to go off an hour before lights out. By dark it would be below 500 ,I run it at 1000ppm lights on. Still come lights on it’s between 2-3k. The rooms are built air tight , commercial steel doors, double weather seals etc. This is before the air exchange between rooms, now it’s 1k 24/7.

For me it’s not so much about what the plant will tolerate and more about achieving ideals and high co2 at night isn’t ideal for the nighttime processes/ root development. The difference may be subtle, but even a little edge is worth chasing for me.

And look into aluminum tanks dude they’re much much lighter and or get yourself a good dolley haha peace brotha

Last edited:
Top Bottom