Septoria on my indoor plants?

• Thread starter Matmatt50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matmatt50

Matmatt50

Hey guys! First time grower here. I’ve got two bubblegum autos growing indoors. One is doing great but the other showed these signs early on but didn’t appear on new growth so I didn’t think much of it. But it’s becoming more noticeable on lower leaves as the plant gets bigger. I’ve been reading for weeks about what it could be and to the best of my knowledge it looks like leaf septoria. But from what understand that only occurs on outdoor plants? Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Septoria on my indoor plants
iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Looking at how fat fan leaves are im thinking transpiration issues, give her a haircut and help get some airflow under the canopy

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

This will help others to really diagnose issues for you, I'm nobody special lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with @iX_Lazy_Xi and looks like under watering has been consistent judging from how far that soil is pulled away from the sides. Showing a bit of light stress also.

Matmatt50

Matmatt50

I just want to say thank you for all of your quick responses on this. I do suspect at the beginning I may have been overwatering. I cut back after about a week and a half. I was also misting which I stopped completely at that point. Now I’m giving about 2 liters every 3-4 days with general organic nutes ph’d to 6.5. I’m growing in fox farms happy frog and ocean farm in a 5 gallon fabric pot. I did a bottom layer of ocean, and a top of happy frog with about 25% perlite added in. My temps range about 74-81 and humidity ranges between 45-55. I noticed the spotting at about week 2 when there wasn’t much bushy growth. I do have two fans blowing on them now in a 2x4 tent under a spider farmer 2000. The plant next to it is growing beautifully. Which is why I don’t understand what the difference with this one may be seeing as its treatment has been identical to this one.

Matmatt50

Matmatt50

Agree with @iX_Lazy_Xi and looks like under watering has been consistent judging from how far that soil is pulled away from the sides. Showing a bit of light stress also.
I was wondering if I had it too low or not. I’m at about 14 inches with the wattage turned down and reading about 550 par at the top of the plant. Do you think I should move them up?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I was wondering if I had it too low or not. I’m at about 14 inches with the wattage turned down and reading about 550 par at the top of the plant. Do you think I should move them up?
Yes try 2' to canopy at 80%, I've seen several growers with great success at that range. @One drop or @Mr.GreenthumbOG . They both run SF lights if you have time to look through some of their threads.

I just want to say thank you for all of your quick responses on this. I do suspect at the beginning I may have been overwatering. I cut back after about a week and a half. I was also misting which I stopped completely at that point. Now I’m giving about 2 liters every 3-4 days with general organic nutes ph’d to 6.5. I’m growing in fox farms happy frog and ocean farm in a 5 gallon fabric pot. I did a bottom layer of ocean, and a top of happy frog with about 25% perlite added in. My temps range about 74-81 and humidity ranges between 45-55. I noticed the spotting at about week 2 when there wasn’t much bushy growth. I do have two fans blowing on them now in a 2x4 tent under a spider farmer 2000. The plant next to it is growing beautifully. Which is why I don’t understand what the difference with this one may be seeing as its treatment has been identical to this one.

Different phenos respond differently to the same treatment (part of what keeps it so interesting and fun), recommend taking notes on what did and didn't work for you to help dial things in faster in future grows.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes try 2' to canopy at 80%, I've seen several growers with great success at that range. @One drop or @Mr.GreenthumbOG . They both run SF lights if you have time to look through some of their threads.

Different phenos respond differently to the same treatment (part of what keeps it so interesting and fun), recommend taking notes on what did and didn't work for you to help dial things in faster in future grows.
This ^

Matmatt50

Matmatt50

I have taken your advice and made all your recommended adjustments. I greatly appreciate your help. That goes for everyone who responded to this. It’s nice to come into a community where people are friendly and willing to help and not bash the newbies. I’ll post an update in the next week or two. Fingers crossed til then!

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

You should do great. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site I just try to be the best 🧽 I can be

Top Bottom