serious doubt: 630W cmh VS 1000 hps

• Thread starter snakerfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snakerfarm

Hello everyone I am new to the forum, I have a serious doubt, we are planning a flowering room, in which I have about 8000w total for the light .... my question is: I put 8 hps of 1000w or 13 cmh of 630w ? , which is better the hps or the cmh to create flowers?
I'm going crazy reading online comparisons between one and another luminaire .... some say that chm is much better in cannabis and is more efficient, but I have read comments from producers who tried chm and then returned to their gavita hps¡¡ , being realistic? which is better option

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah both together alternating. Best of both worlds. Just know the 1000w will have deeper penetration and needs to be further away from the canopy than the 630 by quite a bit. Could always use 750de hps if you've got the height.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Honestly, with spacing, I like 315's better then 630's. Not to mention I don't know how much better the situation with 630's are now but gen1 and gen2 of the nanoluxs the ballasts had a really high failure rate I'm talking like almost 40% in the first 6 months.

I have seen the yields with 315s and 630s. They are legit. If I have the vert height tho I'm still going 1ks.
315/630 are a good option for like basements or height restricted spots or double stacking a veg room or veg imo. Not saying they arent a good choice for Blooming just if you've got the ceiling heights you will get more use out of the 1ks as far as useable goes with overlap.

S

snakerfarm

Okay perfect, combine the two I understand, how would you combine them? 5x1000hps and other 5x630 chm? or how to combine them, as I told you I have about 8000w destined to light
regarding height
I am 3 meters high above the plants, I would not mind going down and up the light bulbs of chm

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hortilux or the sunsystem vert bulb 315s reflectors with the right spacing are way more efficient then double stacking bulbs horizontal in a 630 hood right next to each other. They both pretty much have the same footprint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom