Serrated leaf edges pointing up under good conditions

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

Here are the serrations
IMG_20201116_210448.jpg

The weird thing is that conditions are pretty ideal. 2 fan are circulating air, 23-25 c at the canopy, 21c rootzone. humidity between 60-50.
The highest leaves on the plant also aren't affected, just the rows under them.
I just spotted literally 1 leaf with calcium deficiency, could that be causing it?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Heat is usually suspect #1, I'd also consider you may have a high EC in the root zone. Another potential is the fan is hitting them directly and causing them to transpire faster, which rapid transpiration usually occurs on the leaf margins. Plants are looking fabulous though, nice work.

Alpaca

Alpaca

Heat is usually suspect #1, I'd also consider you may have a high EC in the root zone. Another potential is the fan is hitting them directly and causing them to transpire faster, which rapid transpiration usually occurs on the leaf margins. Plants are looking fabulous though, nice work.
Thanks mate. It could be the high EC, she gets about 40 mls of bloom every week. The fan also hits them directly but from a distance. I'll try pulling it up and hope they still get enough circulation

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I like to see the leaves moving, but I try not to have it a direct wind. Lots of fans are high powered for a small space, so I like bouncing it off walls but I do like having it above the canopy like you mentioned. I use a 6" circulation fan up top and then have a little 4" usb fan moving air around the under canopy area.

Madmax

Madmax

Id prolly agree with chad being high ec..i had it in veg on one particular plant that has now been flushed to get the ppm runoff down to an acceptable level.. thought it was the heat from the cmh at first.they have been in flower room now under a 6/759 gavita 50cm away and now its practically gone so it wasnt heat in my instance

Top Bottom