Setting up new room have some questions..

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Alright farmers heres the scoop, I have a new space addition 8x14' insulated shed. Exactly the same as the shed on my La con dstar grow journal but the height is a foot taller and a few feet longer or so. The plans are 8 600s air cooled in a sealed room.

I was wanting to setup a fully controlled room and wanted ideas for co2, a possible environmental controller and cooling equipment. I had my eyes on a 30,000 mitsubishi mini split that seemed like it would do the job but I know little about this topic and was wanting some light shined. I was also considering a co2 burner for the job.

What would you guys do for these things if you had a sort of unlimited budget? Im open to all suggestions for the room setup and am really stoked to put this in motion. Thanks MWD

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I run 6Kw rooms with 2 ton mini splits, non air cooled hoods and a CAP burner with a sentinel environment controller. Legit and simple to manage. If you duct your lights youre going to waste CO2..

RIPP

RIPP

I would consider changing the light with mix of LED and Plasma

:)

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I run 6Kw rooms with 2 ton mini splits, non air cooled hoods and a CAP burner with a sentinel environment controller. Legit and simple to manage. If you duct your lights youre going to waste CO2..
The room isnt mine its my dads so it took some explaining about non air cooled.. you know how people get set in their ways but hes on deck now.
Any hoods you recommend? I was considering the nen vented blockbusters or aaw. Thanks for your info bro.

I would consider changing the light with mix of LED and Plasma

:)
I personally do love mixed spectrum unfortunately the room isnt mine but I will mention something. I'm more of an hps/mh guy myself but have really wanted to give the 300lep plasma a shot for damn sure. I will be upgrading some veg area things in the future and thats a possibility. Thanks for the comment.

I just got back from pricing all the equipment and grobot could be in the equation.

Also one other question for others 30,000btu mitsubishi mini split is that going to cover cooling or should I upgrade some? thanks in advance. MWD

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You could probably get away with a 2 ton mini split for cooling,i would consider bottled co2 for an area that small as burners seem to have some issues in small rooms when plants are just flipped.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

You could probably get away with a 2 ton mini split for cooling,i would consider bottled co2 for an area that small as burners seem to have some issues in small rooms when plants are just flipped.
Ah ha see this is the type of feed back i need. Thanks buddy. Ive never gone sealed so this is definitely new for me and the more feedback the better. MWD

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ah ha see this is the type of feed back i need. Thanks buddy. Ive never gone sealed so this is definitely new for me and the more feedback the better. MWD
My rooms are 10'x12', sealed with CO2 burners, never had problems. They are propane burners but I can't image that would make a difference. I would suggest hoods like the AAW that don't have the obstruction of the vent holes, allows way more airflow. I run magnums without glass but thats because I used to vent.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have aaws in 12x12 rooms and i had problems w a propane burner,others have too,my room is sealed up tight though.

Amber

Amber

I have a sealed room with a propane burner and have not had problems but am curious what kind of problems others are having. I also have mini splits in my room but in a budget free world I would have an Excel Air System. What is the height of the room?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I have a sealed room with a propane burner and have not had problems but am curious what kind of problems others are having. I also have mini splits in my room but in a budget free world I would have an Excel Air System. What is the height of the room?
Damn! Just looked up that Excel Air System, sooooo badass. Upgrade time!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

What kind of problems?
Check the thread by resinable in cannabis infirmary titled "sealed room problems",i never did figure out what exactly caused the problem for us because i was told to try the bottle and it solved the issue,others purge with air.My old rooms are being run by my kid now as i build up my new spot so we will see if it happens in the new rooms.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Check the thread by resinable in cannabis infirmary titled "sealed room problems",i never did figure out what exactly caused the problem for us because i was told to try the bottle and it solved the issue,others purge with air.My old rooms are being run by my kid now as i build up my new spot so we will see if it happens in the new rooms.
Gotcha, that's weird man. Never seen that happen before..

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

My thoughts are 8 medium aaw, 30,000 btu fujitsu mini split, 6 3x3 trays. Should be fun. Thanks for all the replies.

The room height is I believe peak 8 ft. but has a side wall and height of 7' maybe, Its exactly like the shed in one of my threads but a little taller and longer. 8x14.

I called excel air this morning and had a chat wow they are an excellent company and my thoughts exactly just a little out of the budget. For the future I would love to have their product in my room. So thanks for that info amber.

Im also looking into the co2 options. what would you suggest?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What kind of problems?

I read that thread, which is kinda funny cuz I don't run a sealed or CO2 enriched setup. Basically for the burners to work, they need oxygen to burn the propane or butane. In a truly sealed airtight setup, all the o2 eventually gets consumed burning the propane/butane, and problems ensue.

Man, I am so tempted to convert the space my tents are in to one large grow space.

outwest

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I read that thread, which is kinda funny cuz I don't run a sealed or CO2 enriched setup. Basically for the burners to work, they need oxygen to burn the propane or butane. In a truly sealed airtight setup, all the o2 eventually gets consumed burning the propane/butane, and problems ensue.

Man, I am so tempted to convert the space my tents are in to one large grow space.

outwest
DOIT! you wont regret that decision. break the chain light everywhere bro.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Peep these. . .

Seem pretty sweet.

outwest

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Peep these. . .

Seem pretty sweet.

outwest
Yes I did see this product and really like what I see here. I emailed the company but if anybody knows any socal distributors let me know please. Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom