Setup Underneath bed, need help with exaust etc

• Thread starter Silica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Silica

So im planning this setup for vertical setup under a double bed at only 90 cm height, with dual 400w lights, not ontop of eachother but sideways like the pic suggests.
The setup has 180cm width, 90cm depth, 90cm height.
Cooltubes of 125mm x 2.

http://i425.invalid.com/albums/pp336/Strawberryfileds/Strawberrys.jpg

So i am about to purcahse some fans and an odur removal system..or build one.

This fan and odor removal system needs to be quiet.

Im in a flat, next to people. Im not renting but i need this setup to be quiet.or quieten it !--maybe with carpet lining the room
??
-I also have a lot of stink in the drying room, so thinking
i need two or three odur removal systems.

Here are some ideas i was thinking about.
- in the diagram- should i have one fan pulling air through
both cooltubes, to ceiling space, with no "plant space" air going through the cooltubes.
Which fan? inline ok? if so 125mm or 150mm?
the cooltubes are 125mm.
Or two fans, one on each cooltube exuast?

Now for odur removal-
-have a filter at the back sucking air out through the filter and into living space??

what size filter what size fan should i go for??
Im thinking i might later on use a homemade co2 system (beer barrels) so might use the out take fan only once every three or so hours.
Im sure heat wont be a problem with cooltubes and a decent fan on the cooltube exaust.

Anyone want to run any ideas by me at all?

I would like this setup to be stealth and quiet as possible for a setup of this size, i think i can get it stealth in a study that is hardly used except for storing junk. and an old bed.

Thanks for any ideas.:joint:

iN SHORT-
-Will one big fan doing many things be quieter than a few doing different things?
-Are inline fans suitable for carbon filters?
-should i just use a good ozone gen for smell and small inline fans for cooltubes?- being a quiter way to remove smell and heat.

D

dwcaero

How are you going to run (2) 400s in a vertical cool tube with only 90cm of height? Sounds cramped to me

S

Silica

Next to each other, two cool tubes, 1 metre apart. around 12 plants surrounding lights in figure 8, cool tube is around 60cm long/tall.

K

Kushtard

is 90 centimeters three freet? Lol, no way are you gonna do that. NO WAY! I thought you ahd bunkbeds or something. I finally peeked in here. Man, get another plan. Sorry, I cant beleive people have not told you this yet! LOL. OW! I hope you do not ste this up and plug it in! ow. I am not making fun, literally you have terriblt underestimated the power of a 400 and wha twill happen in that space. What you could do is run four foot flourous under neath and veg plants in short wide containers and flower them sone where else. Only small one gallons or so and they would have to be really vented.

K

Kushtard

Using flouros I have heard of this, under some guys cabinet then they flowered them some where else. i heard this story in high school abot med users. in a long stealth cabinet like a bench.

D

dwcaero

Next to each other, two cool tubes, 1 metre apart. around 12 plants surrounding lights in figure 8, cool tube is around 60cm long/tall.

I have to apologize....
for some idiotic reason, I was thinking 90mm instead of cm
(seemed like a more appropriate space for under a bed lol)

Anyways, I retract my previous statement. You can easily put the bulbs on top of each other. But seeing that you are not...

As for the fan, I would just run 1 large inline for both tubes. A good way to silence them is to mount the fan in a box made of plywood or mdf lined with a thick material made of foam or fabric.

As for odor, carbon filters are great if you have an good size fan. Personally I don't like making a blower motor work any harder than it has to. So I just mount ionizer arcs right next to the exhaust. The immediate area around the outside of the exhaust still smells, but it doesn't carry but a few feet

V

viva mexico

i am a bit confussed, do you have any pictures of the area and set up you have running?

S

Silica

thanks for the posts.
I have used 400's a lot and feel doing a vertical it will need more width than height.

It will be a semi sealed setup.
2 beer brew barrels (50 litres) for c02

Edit-
Heres a pic hopefully this one will indicate plan better than posts below-
View attachment strawberry.bmp

This setup will be 180cm to 2m wide.
1 metre deep, 90- 1m high.
Clones will be vegged untill 10- 20 cm high
Flowering should see plant heights finishing around 45-60cm tall from top of pots. (in previous experience - yet this will be my first vertical -but imo they may stretch less)

S

Silica

Edit- old pic removed.

The cooltubes im thinking will have 125mm inline fans at the bottom. (i can get some good 2nd hand inline fans for $40)
The ducting and cooltubes will be sealed so no air from grow room gets sucked out.

This also minimises space (of fans) above cooltubes.

I might buy something like this for odor removal.
-

Placed at back wall of grow room, keeping smell to a minimum before i open door to water or check on plants
Also i will be using a dehumidifier.

-Space underneath grow room is for air to come underneath into cooltubes. (cool air)

-I might not even need to duct into roofspace if the cooltubes run cool enough.

Edit-
New pic-
.View attachment strawberry.bmp

J

joe.5

i think u will set ur bed on fire (especially if a timer fails and ur tubes don't cool! this shyt does happen).. i hope u aren't in it when you do..

someone used a 4 poster bed, without the mattress and the base e.g just the frame.. wrapped the whole thing in mylar with a small entry, no filtration, just 2 ped. oscillators, 8 plants 1 kilo or not far off, strawberry cough.. 2 600 and 2 wings, nice bud, cowboy grow, i'm surprised he isn't in jail.. it stank the street out..

S

Silica

haha thanks...I might not put a mattress on, only if a unexpected guest opens room.
The bed is not used, will cut holes in mattress for exuast i guess.

Do you think that much beer (60 gm of yeast every two weeks) will produce enough
C02?
It doesnt have to be 1500ppm just above 400ppm ..
I want to do a sealed setup but handwatered and cheap as possible (co2)but still effective.

S

Silica

Good point Joe...Maybe its worth having fans on fulltime. having a spare or two if they wear out too.

As for my beer question-

If anyones intersted in brewing beer for C02.

I might start this setup with a single 400 first see how it goes.

T

tophmaster

sounds like a fire hazard why dont u just move the bed and put a grow tent in there

S

Silica

Any tents in that size are build the wrong way for vert grows.
I want it 90cm-1m high, 2m wide, 1m deep.
There is one in that size but its 2m tall, 1m wide 1 metre deep.

If i build the setup out of aluminium cubelock and mdf and mylar to LOOK like a bed or pile of mattresses (for stealth issues) it wont be a fire hazard. Less of a fire hazard than a tent.

I dont see any problem , remember the bed is only a cover up if a rare guest walks in on my spare room.
Basically a few thick mattresses on top of eachother (middles cut out for grow room).

Im using digi ballasts, cooltubes and a sealed grow room so heat wont be a problem if the fans dont fail.

Im not a noob to construction or growing, was just interested in different fans aswell.
I always used a 150mm inline fan for exaust and its broken.

L

Lost

How many grows do you have under your belt?

I would just go with a tent.. :)

I just don't see it being much of a cover and all that trouble...

S

Silica

Yeah i guess, the mattresses might be a fire hazard.
Ive been growing on and off since 96, but off for a few years now.
Probably about 30 finished harvests.

I would rather build it myself rather than a tent that isnt built to the style i want to grow- sealed, vertical.
Tents are built for horizontal grows.
Tents are more costly aswell over here, ive built a few setups and they rarely cost more than $100 to finish in materials. (MDF pandafilm and pine in each corner-this time i will use aluminium cubelock) a tent that size is around $200-$350

Do you think 1metre is too low for a vertical 400watt grow? i dont see why, in a horizontal i often finish my plants below 60cm and in a 120cm tall setup with the lamps taking up about 30cm of height.

What do you think of this filter?

S

Silica

Heres a tent thats a bit small.

I dont think it would be suitable for twin vertical, sealed like in my diagram. Putting it on the side wouldnt be as strong imo, but who knows.

Top Bottom