Severe heat stress (bud rot?), should I harvest early?

• Thread starter pogmek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pogmek

pogmek

Hello everyone and thanks to everyone who will come out and help.
First off, grow infos:

Strain: Runts Feminized x1
Size: 40x40x120
Medium: Soil, 12L airpot
Light: Cultilite COB Led 250W

____
The issue on the table: I've been in vacation for 20 days.
I've had a friend come home once a week to give her some water.
He sent me pics every time he came, the plant looked she was suffering (it's usual this time of the year, where I live it's impossible to keep the temps under 35° in August especially if I'm not home with the conditioner up and running), but I've never seen something like this happen:

Severe heat stress bud rot should i harvest early
Severe heat stress bud rot should i harvest early 2

We have had a terrible peak of heat the last two days and it shows, she was already in not a good spot but at this point I wonder if I should let her live still.
I immediately gave her lots of water to drink and proceeded to lower the temps, but I don't think at this stage of flowering there's any possibility she can get better considering I don't see any leaf left to eat nutes from.

What I'm asking is... should I harvest immediately before the situation gets worse, or is there still hope for a better (though never good) harvest spot?

Ponky

Ponky

If that's bud rot. Its total. You have to extract that plant. And refine the extract into distillate. Then its safe. I suspect the insides are soft and brown or Grey. If so. And you can't process it then probably a total loss. Sorry man.

Tug on the leaves and look around. Make sure it's bud rot. It might not be. Harvest it if it's not a gross spongy mess. Clip out gross parts. Speed dry it. You'll know right away when you pull on the suspect leaves.

pogmek

pogmek

If that's bud rot. Its total. You have to extract that plant. And refine the extract into distillate. Then its safe. I suspect the insides are soft and brown or Grey. If so. And you can't process it then probably a total loss. Sorry man.

Tug on the leaves and look around. Make sure it's bud rot. It might not be. Harvest it if it's not a gross spongy mess. Clip out gross parts. Speed dry it. You'll know right away when you pull on the suspect leaves.

Hi! First off, thanks for stopping by.

Here's an update some hours after she drank:
Photo1629141139
Photo1629141126

I have inspected the buds and tugged the burnt leaves, honestly I can't see any brown buds and the inner is not worse than the outer. I think it might be a sever calmag lockdown more than a bud rot? What do you think? Is it anyway best to harvest ASAP?

JJS009

JJS009

Did they get fed at all while you were gone? They look damn near dead.
If it was my plant I would start over

Ponky

Ponky

Well if it's not rot..you could flush it with water PH to 6.4 and then in a few hours trim. Break those buds down. And trim off the hard yellow and brown parts. You might still get a sack out of it.

pogmek

pogmek

Well if it's not rot..you could flush it with water PH to 6.4 and then in a few hours trim. Break those buds down. And trim off the hard yellow and brown parts. You might still get a sack out of it.
yeah I'll harvest in a few hours and call it a night. The thrichs are mostly glassy and some of them are milky but it's hard to find the golden ones, I hate to harvest early but I don't think that biding more time would yield better results.

Thanks for your precious time!

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hello everyone and thanks to everyone who will come out and help.
First off, grow infos:

Strain: Runts Feminized x1
Size: 40x40x120
Medium: Soil, 12L airpot
Light: Cultilite COB Led 250W

____
The issue on the table: I've been in vacation for 20 days.
I've had a friend come home once a week to give her some water.
He sent me pics every time he came, the plant looked she was suffering (it's usual this time of the year, where I live it's impossible to keep the temps under 35° in August especially if I'm not home with the conditioner up and running), but I've never seen something like this happen:

View attachment 1157942View attachment 1157943

We have had a terrible peak of heat the last two days and it shows, she was already in not a good spot but at this point I wonder if I should let her live still.
I immediately gave her lots of water to drink and proceeded to lower the temps, but I don't think at this stage of flowering there's any possibility she can get better considering I don't see any leaf left to eat nutes from.

What I'm asking is... should I harvest immediately before the situation gets worse, or is there still hope for a better (though never good) harvest spot?
Looks like they’ve been vaped while still on the stalk.

Top Bottom