severe upward curl in my sour diesel - help

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

What could this be? I used Bushmaster recently but at a half dose and the same dose did nothing to my Afghans, my Master Kush, or my Hindu Kush.

Could the SD be that temperamental?

What is the upward curl typically indicative of?

Severe upward curl in my sour diesel   help
Severe upward curl in my sour diesel   help 2
Severe upward curl in my sour diesel   help 3
J

jimbobthe3rd

I got that when my humidity was too low, heat/hudmitiy/airflow all could impact this. Maybe lights a bit close? Got an overview pic of the whole setup?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally have only ever seen high heat stress present as downward canoeing, but it looks as though it's pretty much only the top leaves that are doing that curl, so maybe it's another way they manifest heat stress. I would also be looking at RH, even though what *I've* seen is decidedly different.

Otherwise, they look pretty good!

Illmind

Illmind

bushmaster is tricky with different plants i recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon until u c how it affects it. keep a close eye though, as i'm sure afghans are heavier feeders than sours. have u tried gravity ever? they also say 1 use is enough some ppl use more dunno if results very.

phenotyper

phenotyper

bushmaster is tricky with different plants i recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon until u c how it affects it. keep a close eye though, as i'm sure afghans are heavier feeders than sours. have u tried gravity ever? they also say 1 use is enough some ppl use more dunno if results very.

That is way, *way* too much Bushmaster. I use it at 1 ml/gallon and even that light dosage causes problems with some sativas.

M

MImedMJpatient

I got that when my humidity was too low, heat/hudmitiy/airflow all could impact this. Maybe lights a bit close? Got an overview pic of the whole setup?

The humidity hovers between 40 and 60 percent. Here is a pic - you can see that there is only one stalk that is very high and it is far enough back in depth (not sure if you can see that in the photo) to actually be only about ten inches from it but the warped leaves are showing up as much as eighteen inches from the light casing, which is cooled by an eight inch fan that first runs through three other tents. Even so, as I said, it has never broken eighty in there.

The VERY newest leaves do not show this but it went from fine to curled in two days with the leaves just a little lower than the newest ones.

Oops. Realized I don't have a current pic that shows the whole setup. I will post that soon!

M

MImedMJpatient

I personally have only ever seen high heat stress present as downward canoeing, but it looks as though it's pretty much only the top leaves that are doing that curl, so maybe it's another way they manifest heat stress. I would also be looking at RH, even though what *I've* seen is decidedly different.

Otherwise, they look pretty good!

What is RH?

M

MImedMJpatient

That is way, *way* too much Bushmaster. I use it at 1 ml/gallon and even that light dosage causes problems with some sativas.

I have been using half a teaspoon per five gallons. She DID show immediate signs of a burst in flowering. I also need to put her in a bigger pot and intend to do that in the next week. She is in a three gallon pot and the main stalk is huge with six or more weeks of flower left. There is a method (I forget what it is called) where you cut off the bottom inch of the pot and just set it in a bigger pot half full of dirt, press it downward a bit, and water (I used Superthrive). This worked very nicely for my three White Widows and two Afghans.

M

MImedMJpatient

Can't calcium and magnesium deficiencies manifest this way?

M

MImedMJpatient

The VERY newest leaves do not show this but it went from fine to curled in two days with the leaves just a little lower than the newest ones.

I just looked at a photo that was taken five days before the posted ones were and I can see signs of it then. It was already beginning before I used Bushmaster I think.

M

MTgrower

What is RH?

RH is Relative Humidity. That leaf folding from the top of the plant down is often due to Mg deficiency.

It can also be a sign of Tobacco Mosaic Virus, or any of the other similar viruses that hit marijuana plants.

I think if it is limited to your diesel, you may have purchased seeds from an infected plant.

That is either nutrient deficiency or disease. Pray for deficiency. TMV SUCKS!!!!!!!

I got some Tahoe OG and some Sour Diesel from Reserva Privada through the Attitude and the Single Seed Center. I believe some of these seeds were produced by TMV infected plants. If you can confirm it is TMV, destroy infected plants and disinfect everything you possibly can. Then continue a vigorous preventative cleaning regimen.

Looking at the photos again, it looks like deficiency, not TMV.

M

MImedMJpatient

the setup

the one on the right is the sour diesel - the curling occurs half way down the plant as well, just a couple sets of leaves beneath the newest ones

IMG 2621
IMG 2622
Illmind

Illmind

well i actually use it and have a bottle in front of my face that says most optimum dose is between 5-10 ml or 1-2 teaspoons. i'll just chalk it up to u thought i said tablespoon which still isn't even their maximum dose of 20ml a gallon. so i can only conclude u either use every feeding which for best result u are to use 1 time only or u simply don't use the product. maybe u grow in water i dunno, either way thanks for the post maybe u should contact humboldt counties own and tell them i'm sure they'll neglect all prior research and take your word for it. imo to the threadstarter is yes the bushmaster may have been too much for it your other cuts are heavier feeders it'll grow out of it most likely. and damn u got all these dope cuts and didn't know what rh is? u are blessed sir.

M

MImedMJpatient

well i actually use it and have a bottle in front of my face that says most optimum dose is between 5-10 ml or 1-2 teaspoons. i'll just chalk it up to u thought i said tablespoon which still isn't even their maximum dose of 20ml a gallon. so i can only conclude u either use every feeding which for best result u are to use 1 time only or u simply don't use the product. maybe u grow in water i dunno, either way thanks for the post maybe u should contact humboldt counties own and tell them i'm sure they'll neglect all prior research and take your word for it. imo to the threadstarter is yes the bushmaster may have been too much for it your other cuts are heavier feeders it'll grow out of it most likely. and damn u got all these dope cuts and didn't know what rh is? u are blessed sir.

The new bottles recommend 1 teaspoon per FIVE gallons. I have seen many people recommend considerably less.

M

MImedMJpatient

I have spread a teaspoon of bee pollen on top of my soil (should I use more?) - here is what THAT contains:

Vitamins:

Provitamin A (carotenoids) 5-9 mg %
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) 9.2 micrograms %
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
Vitamin B5 (panothenic acid)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) 5 micrograms %
Vitamin B12 (cyamoco balamin)
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
Vitamin D - Vitamin E
Vitamin H (biotin)
Vitamin K. Choline. Inositol
Folic Acid, 5 micrograms %
Pantothenic acid 20-50 micrograms/gram
Rutin. 16 milligrams %
Rutin in beehive pollen 13%
Vitamin PP (nicotinicamide)

Minerals:

Calcium. 1 - 15% of ash
Phosphorus 1-20% of ash
Iron, 1-12% of ash
0.01-1.3% of fresh pollen
0.6-7.1 mg % of air dried
Copper 05-08% of ash
1.1-2.1 mg % of fresh
Potassium, 20-45% of ash
Magnesium, 1-12% of ash
Manganese, 1.4% of ash, 0.75 mg %
Silica, 2-10% of ash
Sulphur, 1% of ash
Sodium - Titanium-Zinc
Iodine - Chlorine
Boron-Molydbenum

Fatty Acids (Conifer Pollen)
Total list identified are:

Caproic (C-6) - Caprylic (C-8)
Capric (C-10) - Lauric (C-12)
Myristic (C-14) - Palmitic (C-16)
Palmitoleic (C-15) one double bond
Uncowa - Stearic (C-18)
Oleic (C-18) one double bond
Linoleic (C-18) two double bonds
Arachidic (C-20) - Stearic (C-22)
Limolenic (C-18 three double bonds)
Eicosanoic (C-20 one double bond)
Brucic (C-22 one double bond)
Pseudotduga dry pollen contains
0.76-0.89 % fatty acid. Major are:
Oleic, Palmitic, Linoleic,
Pinus dry pollen contains:
125-1.33% fatty acid based on
dry weight of pollen, major are:
Linolenic, Oleic - Stearic.

Enzymes & Co-enzymes:

Disstase
Phosphatase
Amylase
Cataiase
Saccharase
Diaphorase
Pectase
Cozymase
Cytochrome systems
Lactic dehydrogenase
Succinic dehydrogenase

Note: The cozymase in mixed fresh pollen runs about 0.5-1 .0 milligram per gram. comparable to the amounts in yeast. (Bee pollen contains all known enzymes & co-enzymes and probably all that will be known in the future.)

Proteins, Globulins, Peptones, and Amino Acids:

7-35%. average 20%: 40-50%
may be free amino acids: 10-13% consists
of amino acids in dry pollen.
35 grams of pollen per day can satisfy the
protein requirements of man. 25 grams of
pollen per day can sustain man because it
contains 6.35 grams as indicated by Rose.
Plus other amino acids.

Carbohydrates:

Gums - Pentosans - Cellulose Sporonine
(7-57% of pollen of various species:
29% in bee collected.)
Starch (0-22% of pollen)
Total sugars (30-40%)
Sucrose or cane sugar
Levulose or fruit sugar / fructose
Glucose or grape sugar
Reducing sugars (0.1-19%)
Bee-collected: Non-reducing sugar 2.71%.
Reducing: 18.82-41.21% Mean. 25.71%

Pollen contains the same number of amino acids, but vary greatly in quantity of each:
Tryptophan 1.6% - Leucine 5.6% Lysine 5.7% - Isoleucine 4.7% Methionine 1.7% - Cystine 0.6% Thresonine 4.6% - Arginine 4.7% Phenylalanine 3.5% - Histidine 1.5% Valine 6.0% - Glutamic acid 2.1% Tyrosine - Glycine - Serine - Proline - Alanine - Aspartic acid Hydroxyproline - Butyric Acid.

M

MImedMJpatient

I think if it is limited to your diesel, you may have purchased seeds from an infected plant.

I got it as a clone and it looked very pale from day one and has never picked up. It gets plenty of nutes, believe me. Then I saw some pics of some Sour Diesel plants that all had leaves the color of the ones mine have and thought maybe that is how it is supposed to look. Other images of diesels don't look so pale.

I wonder what it all means.

Thanks for all the help folks!

S

SSHZ

It looks like heat stress IMO....... raise you lights. add a fan or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom