Sexing question

• Thread starter Scotcho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scotcho

Hey fellow farmers. I am a first time grower, things are going very well this far. Our babies are about 6 weeks old and are looking for signs of sex, from what I understand at 6 weeks, the signs of a male should be getting fairly obvious, we have yet to see any of the obvious signs are are starting to feel like maybe we scored all ladies, are we jumoing the gun? Is it really too early to tell for a novice grower? Thanks very much for the help, and if this question has been answered before, I apologize, some times my search que games sucks and I miss something

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

most times your males are gonna be your best looking and growing plants,just my observations,if the plant has a true set of 5 leaves you can flip to flower and sex them,only draw back is ,it will then go back to reveg when you put them back in veg stage,if you dont reveg chances are your not going to yield as much from flipping to soon,also my observations,what i use to do was take a solo cup ,fill half way with soil,plant my seed,let it get the first set of leaves then flip,by doing this i figure i would save time and money on electricity,i does work,but some of the ugliest leaves you ever seen,3 set ,2 sets and go all the way to harvest looking like shit,but still yield medicine,m ost ugliest plant you will ever see and this includes veggie bushes and tree is a plant that revegged,anyway if you want a definite answer you gonna have to flip to flower and let nature take its course.
on the other hand there seems to be a science geek thing going on here on the forum,scientist guys will slip in and get you straight to the nut and have all the answers for ya,wait and you will soon,it coming to a store near you hahahah

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Probably too early/young. Unless they have been kept in ideal conditions 6 weeks is too early to tell.

Here's a few shots of my lone male at 5 wks, 7 wks 10 wks and today at 13 wks with one of his sisters.

Give it a few more weeks and enjoy the journey.

20190321 230551
20190323 191356
20190417 094012
20190509 101746
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

And before you ask I WANT seeds. They have two sisters in my greenhouse stretching so I'll have plenty in a few months but this is a pretty good cross of Chemdog and Brutus OG. These are F2 with most displaying their Indica lineage side.

I also have a few in the ground at 9 weeks. You can see the thinner leafed Sative leaner compared to the wider leafed Indica. Really hoping they don't start flowering until Sept/Oct.

20190509 134558
20190507 094149
20190507 094134
20190509 101728
20190509 101734
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Probably too early/young. Unless they have been kept in ideal conditions 6 weeks is too early to tell.

Here's a few shots of my lone male at 5 wks, 7 wks 10 wks and today at 13 wks with one of his sisters.

Give it a few more weeks and enjoy the journey.
what is the fruit tree in the one pic?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

never heard of it,like lemon i guess?

More like apricot with several seeds. Unique flavor. Sweet and juicy. I eat about a dozen a day for about a couple of months. Last year was much warmer and they were ripe by March. As soon as they fade we've got apricot, peach and plum for the summer and a couple of apple trees for fall and an Italian lemon, a Meyers lemon as well as a young lime producing pretty much year round. I've had blueberry and blackberry but my soil is just too alkaline. Purchased a small pomegranate last month that I'll put in a half wine barrel by the pool. Nothing like fresh fruit with no chemicals.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

never heard of it,like lemon i guess?

There's another sub species that produces larger fruit but this is what we got and we're happy with it.

Here's a better view of the fruit. Usually I bite off the end and pop it in my mouth then spit out the seeds. Like apricots they have a fuzzy skin (less so than apricots).

They're very common here and we always notice them this time of year while traveling to jobs throughout San Diego county as well as several clients who have the trees.

They don't ripen well once cut and go bad quickly so you'll hardly ever find them in stores.

20190510 180341
20190510 180430
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

More like apricot with several seeds. Unique flavor. Sweet and juicy. I eat about a dozen a day for about a couple of months. Last year was much warmer and they were ripe by March. As soon as they fade we've got apricot, peach and plum for the summer and a couple of apple trees for fall and an Italian lemon, a Meyers lemon as well as a young lime producing pretty much year round. I've had blueberry and blackberry but my soil is just too alkaline. Purchased a small pomegranate last month that I'll put in a half wine barrel by the pool. Nothing like fresh fruit with no chemicals.
im with you on that,just curious seen it in back ground and had to ask,im still trying to get some aple seeds top pop,they have the start of the tail just out the shell,but i want a tail on them before i plant,threw some peach seeds in solo cups last year and just forgot about them,started cleaning up and getting garden ready in dec and be damn had two little trees in the cups,transplanted them into 1 gal pots and 2 weeks in there they went into 5 gal buckets,1 is already 2ft tall the other the same but for some reason it keeps flowering and then it will just reveg by itself,so that one will find the compost pile hahaah

Latest posts

Top Bottom