Hello all new to thc farmer
Just starting my first grow
250 hps
persy grow box
canna coco coco a & b
15ltr auto pots 47 ltr tank
fem blueberry
already hit probs - too much ph up on water in feed tank

Flushed them through now hand watering for the time being.

anyone any experience with autopots and coco

hope to hear from you all

F

FastForward

I thought the autopots were really easy to use?

With regards to pH up and down, use it in small increments until you get used to how much you need. I dilute mine down in 5l bottles (5l water: 100ml pH up/down), with a grow pH down, and a bloom pH down (I don't need pH up because I'm in a very hard water area). Once you've used it for a little while you'll get a feel for how much to pour to drop or raise your pH.

With a 47l tank you shouldn't have too much pH swing problems, although you should check it daily. Coco rules...you might want to consider a root stim in your feed, and maybe a root enzyme just to keep good care of your rootball (I use Rhizotonic and Hygrozyme).

Good luck :)

S

shadrack

thanks
i think the auto pots are easy to use if you get the basics right (like not too much ph up in water), gona keep hand watering till they pick up.
Im finding it really hard to get the ph of coco below 7.2ish, anyone know best way to get below 7. i have tried flushing with ph'd water
any clues???

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
where did you get your coco from? If the coir obtained to make coco has come near the tropical coasts it tends to be high in salts less so if it was obatined from inland. make sure you get trusted coco used by the thc farmers.

S

shadrack

hi - got canna coco from a reputable uk supplier coco ph is 7 - and have flushed with water to was before use.

P

ProGroWannabe

About the only way is to flush like you've done. To be honest, I've never worried about the pH of my coco itself--only my nute mix. Are you 100% certain that the isssues you see in your plants are caused from pH?

Can ya throw us a pic or two of the plants?

S

shadrack

no too sure - cant do pics at the mo - hoping to get sorted for next week. The plant will probably be dead by then.
Leaves already coming off - have done fresh seeds they are looking great. im hand watering these and seems ok. nearly a week old now. i think was deff a too much ph up in water res, and i probably shouldnt have put them on the res so early. gona wait a while.
what ph do you recomend for nutes/water for feeding ill give it a whirl (i was doing at 6.0)

the dying one was yellowing from the bottom leaves up and now whole stems just falling off.

P

ProGroWannabe

I run 6.0 almost exclusvely. I do let it float a little between 5.8-ish and 6.2-ish. But my target s always 6.0. FWIW....I think most coco-folks run with a pH of 5.7-5.8.

And yeah, like your already doing, I'd just chuck that first one and start over.

S

shadrack

Threw the ugly one's out and started afresh, baby nearly two week 2 days from when planted - already given little nutes - using ZOO'S coco nute program - looking good - gona give 5ml per gallon a & b and watch them grow. Threw in a couple of the free thai skunk from attitude seeds - both germed and sprouted - not growing as well as the DP FEM BLUEBERRY.

Looking good - not too sure if i should bother using AUTOPOT FEED RES or should i just keep hand feeding as there are only 4 plants - any thoughts

ZOO if your reading nut program seems good for me - thanks for the info

PROGRO thanks on the ph info seems to be working fine

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Hand watering is probably best for now so long as you're around on a consistent basis and deliver timely. Once you're more familiar with the plant the automatic watering devices become your best friend. Even so, they need attention too.

You're on the right track shadrack :yes

S

shadrack

thanks hererisssh - thought that would be the best way for now - will stick with the hand watering untill i get my experience up a bit. Just pleased they are looking so healthy -

gona keep an eye out for cal/mag deff any pointers on first signs

at the moment temp is running about 73 - 75 - is this a little low or should i be aiming a bit higher

P

ProGroWannabe

IMO......those temps are great. And as for cal/mag def....it will show up at the leaf edges as a light browning effect. You'll see it on the points of the leaf serrations first. Check this out for pics....

S

shadrack

progro ill keep a look out for the cal/mag deffs, everything looking good so far - had a look at the thread you sent

P

ProGroWannabe

Glad to hear that everything is looking good shadrack! That guide to sick plant troubles can be a priceless thing if one ever needs it. I think every one of us has referenced it at least once during our growing careers.

S

shadrack

agreed progro - jus wish i could get some pics on - show you all the progress - i dont think ive come across any peps that havent had varied issues / problems - ive just put the first two BB sedds down to experience and hope all is well with these.

Top Bottom