Shady’s Testing… The Cure for Cabin Fever

• Thread starter Shady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

hope all is well, friend.

got my fingers crossed that you're just super jammed up w/ work.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

those are some healthy plants good job bro :passingjoint:

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Shady's Return from an Epic Failure...

Shady the TarDawgs (Tarantula x StarDawg) look to be StarDawg leaning already to me based on those first leaves. I think that the StarDawg male imparts a strong influence on the plants. Looks similer to the StarDawg even though the seeds look different that the plants started from!
Thx for the feedback Snowblind... I feel real shitty that I fucked up on these seedlings. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Lurking your thread and drooling over those amazing TarDawg bud shots helped keep my spirits up and looking forward to another attempt with your remaining TarDawg beans... :surprised

Looking real nice Shady. Love that avocado pic. The love you have for the plants always shines through.
Thx for all the good karma Tobor... Unfortunately I didn't love my girls enough this past summer, or they didn't love me... :sad0047:

Great progress Shady! Even got some Trichs on the AvoG!!! LOL! Looking good mang!!
Thx again for everything my good friend! I'm truly grateful for your help when I finally hit the reset button. Please post some shots of your CFSB test grow when you have a chance... I don't want this thread to be a total failure... :help:

looking good bro

hey that avocado is purpling up nice and starting to show some frost!

edit: damit - GoD beat me to the trichs on the avacado plant comment!
Thx motherlode... I've been debating on whether to keep or cull the Avocado plant. After further research, it appears that there is a low likelyhood that this will be a fruit bearing plant and I'd hate to waste the next few years finding out... :thinking

Hey Shady,
Love your veg setups as always,i've been hella busy lately!! The next round of CFSB gear is coming up!!

So i have to ask whatsup with that ava. og? That is the longest stretch i have ever seen from seed!! What lighting did you have her under? The trichs are def wild!

CFSB
Burn

For those following along,g.o.d,aligee, or any other of the people who missed out on these,there are new test beans out and testers need
kali citral hashplant x purple afgoo)
ecsd x p.afgoo
(possibly the sativa leaning (km citralhp x p.afgo

And of course the usual suspects are always welcome,shady etc,check the CFSB test thread

Keep killin it shady!!

CFSB
Burn
Whaddup Burn! The Avocado is just under natural light from an adjacent window, which is one reason for the stretch and slow growth. On another note, I cannot begin to express how bad I feel after my epic failure in my veg room. I let everyone down by failing in this test grow. You and Freak were generous to allow me the opportunity to test your gear, and I failed miserably after a couple months of trying everything to quarantine and revive every plant in my ghetto veg room.

Honestly, I was embarrassed at how things quickly went to shit, and I began to doubt whether I had a green thumb. I should not have left everyone hanging... I hope that you, Freak, and all my fellow Farmers can accept my humble apology for disappearing while I regained my composure and cut my losses... At this time, I still have one seed of the Chemmando and one seed of the Triple Deez which I will pop once my veg room is revamped... :worried

Nice bruh !!! Im digging the avacado seedling too sweet !!!
Gracias mi amigo! I see that you've been busy breeding... Keep up the hard work bud... :yes

Shady, I still haven't read the last 70 pages of your last thread, but you go
! Oh, and get the avocado soaked in lime juice, or it'll turn brown! :banana1sv6:
Many thanks Bud! I needed a break from posting so that I could focus on my new job. Now that things are going well at work, I can focus on growing again... :flower

Man that avocado looks frosty!
nice seedlings as well ;)
Shady I'm gonna grow vicariously through your thread since my CFSB beans got lost in the mail :(
Keep on rockin those babies!
Wassup waayne! Thx for the kind words, but I really screwed up all of my seedlings and mothers in veg. Hopefully GoD will save this test thread with some photos of his CFSB testers... :speechless

Looking good..!! Maybe I missed it, but type of system are you going to be putting those in??

Im getting ready to switch back to those hydroton rocks for flood and drain. I use to get amazing yields with them. I cant seem to pull off the same yields with Rockwool or Coco, so Im headed back to the little red rocks.

Good luck on the grow. I got my popcorn ready.
Thx for the positive vibes Elite Nugs... My original plan was to transplant into coco and chunky perlite using Smart Pots on my automated DTW setup. Hope you have better luck than I had... :headbang

Lookin killer my man I think this gear is gonna be the new craze round here 4sho can't wait to see how dank they turn out for ya ttys peace bro!
Sup brah! Indeed the CFSB gear is dank... Hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself in the future... :sweating

Shit dont stop.. keep it moving. Off to a great start as usual Shady :cool:cool

Kill those Tardawgs and let the Cabin fever run its course . They are all going to be pure flame.

Looking forward to catching G.O.D's log with the Cabin gear as well.

Glad to see the Cabin getting there due time to shine. Awesome genetics. Coo cats.

--AO
Thx AO... It was a good start, but a bad ending... :sign0055:

Alright, another tester thread! Righteous, I'm running these under a 600watt led and soil, ought to be interesting - I'm right at 3 weeks flower right now, the chemmando's and master og's are gonna get fat as hell and the triple deez will be frosty as hell, bro, you are gonna be one happy camper! And by the way, how the hell did you get that avocado to grow trichs!! I've got to get that for my next guacamole batch!
Congrats on the test grow bud! I'm really bummed that I wasn't able to flower these out, but I have high hopes for the remaining two beans... I just gotta wait a while to do so... :wait

Hey Shady what's up dude things going OK? haven't seen any updates for a long time.
Sup Socachi... Things are much better now. Hope all is well with you... :handshake

cant wait to see these triple deez, really wanna see a smoke report.
Damn, I wish things would have turned out different... A smoke report would have been a proper ending for sure... :sign0065:

Just tuned in whats up bro
Hey BG... I had to hit the reset button in veg and lost most of my plants... :fubar

hope all is well, friend.

got my fingers crossed that you're just super jammed up w/ work.
I'm doing better now bro, but this past summer was a painful experience in the veg room... :doh

Yo shady whats up man? I'm with sfzoo. Hope all is well.
Just starting over and keeping things clean... Good to see you back bud... :hi

Me 3 bro hope evrythings smooth witcha be ez!
Thx again for the support my friend!

those are some healthy plants good job bro :passingjoint:
Thx for the props QuarterbackMo... It's good to see you still rocking that UC... :rock

Shady's Return from an Epic Failure...

Where do I begin? :sweating

Well, I guess it all began with a lack of attention in less than perfect veg conditions. This past summer was a bitch trying to grow in the garage with a lack of fresh air exchange, no AC, soaring heat, pests, PM, and mushrooms. After things started smooth for a month, the plants drastically took a turn for the worst. I made several rookie mistakes, including not taking cuts in time to start over. Needless to say, I didn't want to bring fucked up plants into my bloom room and contaminate it. Nor did I want to waste more time growing seedlings that were unhealthy. So I finally hit the reset button in September and counted my losses...

Here are a few photos taken during the first week of August, just before the seedlings started their downward spiral.

Chemmando, both were very short compared to the other strains...
Chemmando_Final_1_copyresized.JPG

Chemmando_Final_0_copyresized.JPG

Master OG, these three were looking great at this point...
Master_OG_FInal_1_copyresized.JPG

Master_OG_Final_0_copyresized.JPG

Triple Deez, all four were starting to shine...
Triple_Deez_Final_2_copyresized.JPG

Triple_Deez_Final_1_copyresized.JPG

Triple_Deez_Final_0_copyresized.JPG

TarDawg, one was a runt, but the other had lots of potential...
Tardawg_Final_0_copyresized.JPG

Tardawg_Final_1_copyresized.JPG

Stardawg, the lone seedling was vigorous up to this point...
Stardawg_Final_1_copyresized.JPG

Stardawg_Final_0_copyresized.JPG

Finally, here's a quick shot of the mushrooms that kept coming back and ended up spreading to all my mothers in Happy Frog soil. Along with PM developing and fucked up leaves on all the plants, it was time to throw in the towel...
Mushrooms_copyresized.JPG

P.S. The Avocado plant was the sole survivor... For now...
Avocado_5_copyresized.JPG

2DogWalker

Dude,

Glad to see your back, im sure you will return to form as usual homie....

Be well my man, i know you got some fire around there to work with :)

Respect
2DW

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Damn Shady, Sorry to hear that. What doesnt kill us make us stronger. You just "hit the wall", now it is time to climb over or break through. Positive vibes to you.

sticky icky

sticky icky

What up dawwgie real good to see ya,youve got mad skills and your great people that alone will rise above you'll be crankin out the flame b4 ya know it be ez bro talk to ya soon peace

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Thx for the props QuarterbackMo... It's good to see you still rocking that UC... :rock

Hell yeah son :yes you know it! Check my new journal out I'm about to start a new run with the new BUBBA OG (from Dr.Greenthumb)!!!!! Im hype I cant wait :)

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Shit happens brother. Lost a whole tent to mites and pm. I'm just getting things off the ground again myself. New room is almost done! I'm about to pop some more seeds soon. It just takes time. Good luck getting things back 2gether, Shady!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I just read what happened...Mushrooms in the soil? How shitty is that... PM is a MF too I hate that shit... Neem Neeem Exel LG Neem! and lots of airflow keeps that shit away in my garden. What a nightmare PM is.

justiceman

justiceman

Yo shady whats up man! Damn pests and PM. I have dealt with them both and they suck indeed. What interests me most though is the growth of those mushrooms! Do you have any ideas how that happened? Mushrooms are the fruiting bodies of fungus(mycelium). That means you must have had some mega dominant fungi in your medium. Of course I've seen them in grass or around trees but never in a container like that. Trippy:wondering

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
heres a couple CFB girls I got going, Got a few of each, Also got a Master OG somewhere, lol!

Blue Geez
View attachment 180866

View attachment 180867

Triple Deez
View attachment 180868

View attachment 180869
Looking great brother! Can't wait to see you work your magic... :cool

Shit happens brother. Lost a whole tent to mites and pm. I'm just getting things off the ground again myself. New room is almost done! I'm about to pop some more seeds soon. It just takes time. Good luck getting things back 2gether, Shady!
Damn, that sucks indeed, but I'm glad we're both back on track... :yes

I just read what happened...Mushrooms in the soil? How shitty is that... PM is a MF too I hate that shit... Neem Neeem Exel LG Neem! and lots of airflow keeps that shit away in my garden. What a nightmare PM is.
Yeah man, the mushrooms and PM were a nightmare! :shake

Yo shady whats up man! Damn pests and PM. I have dealt with them both and they suck indeed. What interests me most though is the growth of those mushrooms! Do you have any ideas how that happened? Mushrooms are the fruiting bodies of fungus(mycelium). That means you must have had some mega dominant fungi in your medium. Of course I've seen them in grass or around trees but never in a container like that. Trippy:wondering
Mega dominant fungi for sure! Just when I finally got rid of root aphids, those fucking mushrooms and PM screwed everything in veg. In any event, my bloom room is looking great... Check out my Shady Business thread for the eye candy... :nod

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I got a bunch of new beans started. Should be a hot winter in my grow room! Good luck with ur new grow. I'm gonna check out ur flower room thread. Keep up the good work bro!

Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Hey Shady, How's things going? hope all is well and would love to see some more pix of the girls.
Peace
Freak

2DogWalker

Whats up Mr. Shady,

I see you gotz things cranking back up over in your neck of the woods, awesome to see. Get some cuts of that blue geez back from GOD im tellin ya now I have 4 at about 10 days in flower and the fragrance is spectacular three blue cheesy rank girls and one Kush leaning amazing smeller....A Few of the Blue cheese phenos are stacking up VERY well, to top it off....

Glad to see ya back my man. Happy holidays to you n yours!

2DOgWALKer

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
heres a couple CFB girls I got going, Got a few of each, Also got a Master OG somewhere, lol!

Blue Geez
View attachment 180866

View attachment 180867

Triple Deez
View attachment 180868

View attachment 180869

Nice to see you got some gear running G,should find some thing you like in the mix,how many beans did you pop? Or??

Looking great brother! Can't wait to see you work your magic... :cool

Damn, that sucks indeed, but I'm glad we're both back on track... :yes

Yeah man, the mushrooms and PM were a nightmare! :shake

Mega dominant fungi for sure! Just when I finally got rid of root aphids, those fucking mushrooms and PM screwed everything in veg. In any event, my bloom room is looking great... Check out my Shady Business thread for the eye candy... :nod

Shady no worries on your misfortune in the veg room,i have had similar problems holding me up with selection,i jusrt see soo much i like form those i have popped(not just CFSB) and after testing and culling,im getting everything back together,ahhh and now the holidays..lol

Thanks for the Love alll

Burn
CFSB

Top Bottom