Shady's Moment of Clarity... Under Current: Cultured Solutions

• Thread starter Shady
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Aggressive bloom? Shit is fucking cray bro! That side light is definitely going to help. I don't know if they'll care if it's HPS or MH, as long as it's bright. Noobs need to see what you're doing on such little PPM, most start their crop as high or higher.

Super dank flowers, awesome colors. Great work.

The 16 look dialed, yield++.

ttystikk

ttystikk

"ttystikk said:
Yep, consistent as ever, straight killin' it, brah~ thanks for the responses to my posts- I must have had some serious imbalances because until I ran my EC up over 1.2, I had serious deficiency issues. Next time I try this, I'll likely try using a nute line that's specifically formulated for RDWC."​
No worries brah! Hope you post up a detailed journal as I'd like to see your work...

I plan to do that as soon as I get over my latest hurdle; it seems I had a long-running problem with russet mites, which of course screwed everything up. BAD. I'd seen the damage (tomato russet mites themselves are microscopic, at .12-.15mm long as adults) and thought it was from a nutrient issue I mentioned above, so I went barking up the wrong tree for a long time. I just recently got a handle on things, so I'll be putting up a diary, or at least some snaps in a bit.

Everyone has a gift, and everyone has blind spots. My gift seems to be on the gear and tech. side of things, blind spot is mis-identifying when I have infestations of bugs I never knew existed, lol.

Currently counterattacking with a rotation of Mighty Wash, Azamax and Safer Soap, mainly because that's what I have on hand. If anyone has ideas about how to handle these pests with 'extreme prejudice', I'm all ears!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Very sexy ladies you got homeboy... So, would you mind sharing how you bump your ppms in the middle of the week? Do you do add backs with a 5? If so, do you just add back a &b? Also, what did you run your ppms at in veg and start of flower.? Great job Shady!!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Its looking like Shady has quit showering and quit pooping too! Would love to see the Kitchen.:D Loving the multi media runs Homie and that Strawberry Bubba looks delicious!

St3ve

St3ve

It's all good St3ve! Still looking forward to seeing you post up a thread...

Yea I wish! I'm still in a non-med state so until that changes you won't be seeing anything from me. I'm way too paranoid.

But keep rockin' it dude!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
A Shady Update... UC Bud Shots and Coco Stretch

Aggressive bloom? Shit is fucking cray bro! That side light is definitely going to help. I don't know if they'll care if it's HPS or MH, as long as it's bright. Noobs need to see what you're doing on such little PPM, most start their crop as high or higher.

Super dank flowers, awesome colors. Great work.

The 16 look dialed, yield++.
Many thanks my friend! So I swapped out the 600W HPS with the 600W MH yesterday for shits and giggles...

I plan to do that as soon as I get over my latest hurdle; it seems I had a long-running problem with russet mites, which of course screwed everything up. BAD. I'd seen the damage (tomato russet mites themselves are microscopic, at .12-.15mm long as adults) and thought it was from a nutrient issue I mentioned above, so I went barking up the wrong tree for a long time. I just recently got a handle on things, so I'll be putting up a diary, or at least some snaps in a bit.

Everyone has a gift, and everyone has blind spots. My gift seems to be on the gear and tech. side of things, blind spot is mis-identifying when I have infestations of bugs I never knew existed, lol.

Currently counterattacking with a rotation of Mighty Wash, Azamax and Safer Soap, mainly because that's what I have on hand. If anyone has ideas about how to handle these pests with 'extreme prejudice', I'm all ears!
Bummer about the mites... I remember battling root aphids for over a year. Can't wait to see some eye candy from your garden...

Very sexy ladies you got homeboy... So, would you mind sharing how you bump your ppms in the middle of the week? Do you do add backs with a 5? If so, do you just add back a &b? Also, what did you run your ppms at in veg and start of flower.? Great job Shady!!
Thx All4freedumb! In my first two UC runs I did add backs with a 5 gal bucket starting with 4 gal of RO. This round, I've used my top off res per the volume noted in my posts. I always start by measuring the pH and PPM in the Epicenter. Then I decide my target pH and PPM for the top off. At the end of my notes, I measure the ending pH and PPM at the Epicenter after about 8 hrs of top off through the float valve.

Doesnt look like you're having that hard of time keeping up bro
i shit youre running laps around me
Thx for the kind words brah, but I'm still need to rock the UC properly... This round is the same as the first two, with too many diff strains at diff sizes choking out each other from the light...

Its looking like Shady has quit showering and quit pooping too! Would love to see the Kitchen.:D Loving the multi media runs Homie and that Strawberry Bubba looks delicious!
Hahaa... Thx BudMuncher! Luckily I've still got 1.5 baths left in the house...

Yea I wish! I'm still in a non-med state so until that changes you won't be seeing anything from me. I'm way too paranoid.

But keep rockin' it dude!
Thx St3ve... Honestly, I don't really understand the concern though; this site is secure and you have anonymity... Anyways, to each their own, but I find that keeping a detailed journal has helped me keep on top of things in the garden, as well as provide a useful reference for me to review, not to mention sharing some eye candy for the masses...

A Shady Update... UC Bud Shots and Coco Stretch

Well, things are going well in the UC, but could definitely be much better. I had started this 3rd run monocropped for the first time, but ended up switching out a few cuts. Unfortunately the Strawberry Bubba were much quicker to establish roots and have dominated the middle two buckets and subsequently choked out most of the light to the White Fire #3 and White S1 #7, which are now half as tall as the Strawberry Bubba. Sometimes you gotta get burned more than once to learn your lesson, or in my case 3 times...

Here's the last top off before the next res change:

Day 38 of Bloom, Start of Week 6, 7/29/12
Starting >
pH: 5.70
PPM: 645
Auto Top Off
@ 10 gal
CM: 2
UC Roots: 2
CS Bloom A: 6
CS Bloom B: 6
CS Bud Booster: 7
pH: 5.90
PPM: 600
Ending >
pH: 5.80
PPM: 644

And now for a few bud shots taken last night...
Under Current R15 1

Under Current R15 2

Under Current R15 3

White Fire #3...
White Fire 3  1

White Fire 3  2

White S1 #7...
White S1 7  1

White S1 7  2

Skywalker OG...
Skywalker OG  1

Skywalker OG  2

Strawberry Bubba...
Strawberry Bubba  1

Strawberry Bubba  2

Last, but not least a few parting shots of the Coco round starting to stretch and fill in the canopy...
Coco DTW R16 2

Coco DTW R16 1

:cool:

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Nice work, that's definitely the way to roll for closeups to help scatter the light off the crystals instead of going right back into the lens.

Can your current camera mount on a tripod and do long exposures? All it takes is an LED with the right exposure settings to literally paint light. http://www.diyphotography.net/painting_with_light/ Instead of colored light just use a white LED and come from an angle or three and you've got a stew goin'.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the photography link! Very good info... I do have a tripod, but not sure if this camera can do long exposures. I figure its only a couple months away from Canon announcing the 70D and that will give me some time to save up for all of the necessary accessories though... I'm definitely gonna get a 50mm prime lens, but I think I'm gonna need a decent macro lens and some sort of ring flash for those sick trichome shots you've been posting...

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

The trich shots are done with the 50mm reversed so I'm shooting through the ass end and then stacked on top of 3 macro extension tubes.

Macro lens can't get in close like that and costs a lot more!

ttystikk

ttystikk

The photography is impressive, baller gear or not- of course it might have something to do with the subject matter too, but that's just a wild guess on my part... :rolleyes: Mad skills on multiple fronts!

I've yet to make the acquaintance of root aphids, but I hear Spectracide is the ticket for them. I'm still searching for the magic sauce to send my russet mites to sleep, permenently. So far, I seem to be slowly gaining ground, so I'll work it with what I have and see what happens.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

HOLY SHIT SHADY.........so so impressive bro.....those bud shots made me wanna puke absoulutely amazing work on the soil grow and the UC is filling in so damn nice you are insanely skilled in the grow deptartment your thread is inspiring to say the least!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
At night, all you see is strange clouds...

The trich shots are done with the 50mm reversed so I'm shooting through the ass end and then stacked on top of 3 macro extension tubes.

Macro lens can't get in close like that and costs a lot more!
That's pretty cool! Thx for the info... I'll prob get the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM and those macro extension tubes...

The photography is impressive, baller gear or not- of course it might have something to do with the subject matter too, but that's just a wild guess on my part... :rolleyes: Mad skills on multiple fronts!

I've yet to make the acquaintance of root aphids, but I hear Spectracide is the ticket for them. I'm still searching for the magic sauce to send my russet mites to sleep, permenently. So far, I seem to be slowly gaining ground, so I'll work it with what I have and see what happens.
Thx ttystikk... I got rid of root aphids a couple yrs ago with Bayer Tree and Shrub Protect and Feed, and kept them away with Azamax... I also recently got rid of spider mites with foliar sprays of Neem Oil and Penetrator. Not sure if you've tried any of these before...

Yea you're probably right.. I'm just paranoid. I should probably quit bein a puss and get out my camera.
No worries brah... Safety and peace of mind is important...

HOLY SHIT SHADY.........so so impressive bro.....those bud shots made me wanna puke absoulutely amazing work on the soil grow and the UC is filling in so damn nice you are insanely skilled in the grow deptartment your thread is inspiring to say the least!
I really appreciate those very kind words MitchyNugz... I find myself saying the same thing about your work in the garden...

B.o.B. - Strange Clouds... Remix feat. T.I. & Young Jeezy
(Young Jeezy - Verse 1)​
I’ve been drinking so much, my bitch said that you’re an alcoholic​
Everytime I find something, I’m good at you gotta spoil it​
She said boy you need some help, damn right, you got it bad​
I said bitch, we’ll see the next time that I buy your ass a bag​
Yeah, jizzle talk them birds​
last time he seen a brick​
What the fuck he rapping about​
Last time he had a hit?​
In the pack I got it loud like?​
Who the f-ck you talking to​
All that yelling, all that screaming​
What the f-ck you bout to do?​
I don’t do the lean, but whats up with them double cups​
I say put vodka in both them muthaf-ckas, double up​
I’m so high up in the clouds, I hope I make it home​
I’m so f-cked up in the booth right now, I hope I make this song​
(Hook) (x2)​
All we do is pour it up​
All night, drinks out​
(That’s how we do it)​
(That’s how we do it)​
And all we do is light it up​
All night, all you see is strange clouds​
strange clouds, strange clouds​
(B.o.B - Verse 2)​
On a private jet, left to right​
I be coast to coastin’​
Eh, I don’t get throwed I just twist up and get rollercoasting​
Eh, I’m gone, grandaddy, purp cologne, nigga, stop​
So high I live in the sky, Leroy Jessie drone, nigga​
Okay, if I ball, they dodge balling: elementary​
I be smoking that old bun, that oval office, that presidency​
She pop, her knees drop, cause these bottles are complimentary​
All night we making history, paparazzi be documenting my clique​
You sideline I’m headline, at the top​
Take home the gold, then hit the bowl, I’m Mike Phelps​
Raise out, with the prize belt, Olympic ganja, damn right​
I’m 12.30, I’m groovy baby, all day, all night​
(Hook) (x2)​
All we do is pour it up​
All night, drinks out​
(That’s how we do it)​
(That’s how we do it)​
(T.I - Verse 3)​
Every time you see ‘em, shawty going in​
Go to jail, get back, here we go again​
Back of that black Benz, getting to that dough again​
Million, Grand Hustle real nigga, no pretend​
Bank roll, can’t fold, dough to the ceiling​
And the legend where we living, bankhead brilliant​
Ghetto bougie, with bitches with ghetto booty​
Lets go cutie swagga so art deco​
I echo Prada, Margiela, Louie​
Blowing sticky icky​
Get her gooey ooey​
he say she won’t licky licky​
he don’t know me do he​
Ay truly, temper’s just the coolest​
Thought you knew this​
Guess the proof is in how long a nigga do it​
Ba-ba-bowww​
(Hook) (x2)​
All we do is pour it up​
All night, drinks out​
(That’s how we do it)​
(That’s how we do it)​
Time for a remix... Gotta bring down the PPM's a bit with another res change...​
Day 43 of Bloom, Start of Week 7, 8/3/12​
Starting >​
pH: 5.70​
PPM: 725​
4th Res Change​
@ 30 gal​
CalMag: 2​
UC Roots: 2​
CS Bloom A: 5​
CS Bloom B: 5​
CS Bud Booster: 8​
pH: 5.65​
PPM: 500​
Ending >​
pH: 5.70​
PPM: 550​
The following photos were shot today on Day 45 of bloom...​
Under Current R15 4
Under Current R15 5
Under Current R15 6
White Fire #3...
White Fire 3  3
White S1 #7...
White S1 7  3
Skywalker OG...
Skywalker OG  3
Strawberry Bubba...
Strawberry Bubba  3
And Round 16 in Coco is looking proper after a res change and its weekly injection. I also raised a few of the shorter strains to level out the canopy. Here's a couple shots taken today on Day 14 of Bloom... The lineup is White Fire #3, White S1 #7, Plum Princess, Strawberry Bubba, Skywalker OG, and Ghost OG...​
Coco DTW R16 3
Coco DTW R16 4
:cool:​

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

Didnt know they did a remix sick song. thanks for the pics.

Peace,

Ham

Latest posts

Top Bottom