Share your horror stories.

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok so I am on my 1st grow with about 3 or 4 weeks HOPEFULLY to harvest. Trichomes are still pretty clear with some cloudiness starting. I have a Sour Diesel outside that's getting hammered by mites. I am fairly sure I have it under control but I was freaking out thinking they made their way downstairs. Luckily I was tripping lol. Im paranoid about bud rot now. My humidity averages around 50% +/- 5% might hit 60% right after watering. I have a lot of air moving and good turnover. I'm the kind of guy who trips over his own left foot just b4 the finish line HA! I can see light but am so scared of FK'ing it up at the end! I have a grow diary going if you need any other info. Any stories of Murphy's law to share? Ive learned a a lot reading others diaries. I have my gauge in a corner up above the plants and lights. Seems like I was false reading under the lights by the plants.
Share your horror stories

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My ph pen was off by about 1.4 ph for who knows how long.
I was gonna keep that our little secret but noooo. Lol.
Ok so I am on my 1st grow with about 3 or 4 weeks HOPEFULLY to harvest. Trichomes are still pretty clear with some cloudiness starting. I have a Sour Diesel outside that's getting hammered by mites. I am fairly sure I have it under control but I was freaking out thinking they made their way downstairs. Luckily I was tripping lol. Im paranoid about bud rot now. My humidity averages around 50% +/- 5% might hit 60% right after watering. I have a lot of air moving and good turnover. I'm the kind of guy who trips over his own left foot just b4 the finish line HA! I can see light but am so scared of FK'ing it up at the end! I have a grow diary going if you need any other info. Any stories of Murphy's law to share? Ive learned a a lot reading others diaries. I have my gauge in a corner up above the plants and lights. Seems like I was false reading under the lights by the plants. View attachment 988060
If you can keep the temps the same after lights out it will go a long way towards you quest to never deal with bud rot.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My cat ate my plant. Was a dwc test thing and was a beauty until it met my cat purr (bless his soul and no I did not kill him) I taped it up and played doctor a week later chewed off at the base of the stock. I made sure he didn't become a chronic after that. Things went behind closed doors.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I was gonna keep that our little secret but noooo. Lol.
If you can keep the temps the same after lights out it will go a long way towards you quest to never deal with bud rot.
REALLY!? I was under the impression I wanted like a 10 deg F differential from lights on and off.??? Hmm. That will be not too big of a problem sort out. Thanks for the info. Luv this place!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

REALLY!? I was under the impression I wanted like a 10 deg F differential from lights on and off.??? Hmm. That will be not too big of a problem sort out. Thanks for the info. Luv this place!
So yeah temp diff if like 5-10 is ideal. I keep my rooms the same temp all the time this grow. Why? Because I'm to lazy to change the controller settings haha. Now here is where temp diff comes into play with manipulation the warmer root temps at night can lead to a little more guttation but if you water in the morning I have yet to see and issue.

Ok the manipulation part. IF you have a 0 to 10 diff there is almost no difference in terms of internode length. Once you reverse it even by as low as 2-3f so night temps are warmer than day temps. You can manipulate the internode spacing. By doing this you will shorten the node length. It's called negative diff and I have used it a few times. Still plan on tinkering more with it but prob not this grow. I need to do 2 consecutive with clones and measure the node spacing and see if I get tighter buds or if it lowers yields.

I'm not recommending it just giving some info and speculation on my part.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

So yeah temp diff if like 5-10 is ideal. I keep my rooms the same temp all the time this grow. Why? Because I'm to lazy to change the controller settings haha. Now here is where temp diff comes into play with manipulation the warmer root temps at night can lead to a little more guttation but if you water in the morning I have yet to see and issue.

Ok the manipulation part. IF you have a 0 to 10 diff there is almost no difference in terms of internode length. Once you reverse it even by as low as 2-3f so night temps are warmer than day temps. You can manipulate the internode spacing. By doing this you will shorten the node length. It's called negative diff and I have used it a few times. Still plan on tinkering more with it but prob not this grow. I need to do 2 consecutive with clones and measure the node spacing and see if I get tighter buds or if it lowers yields.

I'm not recommending it just giving some info and speculation on my part.
Very good info brother! Thanks. Seems like that would be a good technique to try on a sativa leaner??? I have watched them take off in the stretch in other diaries. So does it matter if you do when the nodes start alternating or from the 2nd or 3rd set of nodes through the stretch? Hmmm interesting.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very good info brother! Thanks. Seems like that would be a good technique to try on a sativa leaner??? I have watched them take off in the stretch in other diaries. So does it matter if you do when the nodes start alternating or from the 2nd or 3rd set of nodes through the stretch? Hmmm interesting.
You can do it anytime. Again its a manipulation technique and I don't have all the answers as to the impacts so I'm not suggesting anyone do it unless they accept full responsibility. I don't wanna go messing with ppls grows.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Mildew ate my crop after moving to a new state, spending all my money, and borrowing all the money I could. Caught the boot, had to leave the building. Having to rebuild, starting over from the bottom (by which I mean my basement)

Dbear180

Dbear180

I bumped a timer once & totally messed up my light schedule around week 4 or 5. Couldnt figure out wtf started going on with the plants til about week 8, I went down there one day when lights should have been off but they were on. I had two 30 minute sessions of lights on happening in the middle of lights off. They got all hermy on me & the buds sucked lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom