Sharing bad expierience

• Thread starter singlorigin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlorigin

singlorigin

Want to share a bad experience for my second grow.
Grow room set up :

Lights -- Samsung F series 3000 k , for the whole thing i bought 260 strips and 18 Mean Whell 320 H 48 A drivers.
Exaust fan -- 3500m2/h
15 bucket RDWC system
Nutritions- Yara Cristalon Orange + Cal
BlueLab monitor
RO system - from 450 ppm now 250 ppm .

Had i big plan of 100 plant grow room,after a while decided to maki it more than a half smaller to 15 plants only.

So the first problem started , when i did put my seedling in room with out any air circulation, and the grow was rely slow .
Then i did notice a bigger problem, dont use a huge air compressors for the buckets if you dont have any moisture collector filters or other collecting systems. The tank does collect moisture in the tank and it gives dirty water in a while to the system .
At this moment i hade more problems , the PH was rising each day , and after few days i had a root rot. Tried all , brewing tea , sterilizing everything , still it wasnt enauf. The rock wool started to root , and decided to throw all out and start from begining.

The problem doesnt end hear .

Started some new seeds in rockwool cubes, made a transplant, and could understand why the rockwool is whet for 5 days and it wasn't getting dried out and the again was realy slow.
Room temperature at day 26 C at night 20 c , humidity 60 % . One thing was missing air circulation, i had made the exhaust and intake system, and the room is completely sealed.
One day i had so less oxygen inside that i started to feel bad , and then i understood that there is no fresh air in the room for the plant to grow. Also think this was the reason why the rockwool was not getting dried out .

So now i got may exhaust system working bringing fresh air in the room, hopping this will solve my problems.

Some smaller problems :

Dont mix with huge blender your water and leave your PH probe inside, did destroy mine, but Amazon did sent me a new one .
Keep your tools clean, but not keeping them complealty steril i think i got some root rot to other plants .
Bought a RO system , my tap whater hase 450 ppm , with RO now 250 , still to much and with cheaper RO setting the flow is so slow , that i need to buy booster pump .
Calibrate your PH pens, this was also a huge mistake, when i did destroy my BlueLab monitor , i tok my old PH pen , and by not storing it properly i could calibrate it correctly so i was giving my plants incorect PH , witch made some other problems.

singlorigin

singlorigin

Forgot to tell : Electryc company did calland did put a smart electricety counter. Will try to put 4 windows in the sealing , and use less LED light not to get extra attention for electricity .

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I think there is something wrong with your RO system. It should be bringing it way down below what you’re getting.

My initial tap water was almost 370 ppm and with RO took it down to 7. As in single digit. Mine is a bit of a pain as that it only has a small tank for a reservoir, can do 75 L a day but tank only stores 10L

Latest posts

Top Bottom