Shatter or snap shatter methods plz 😎

• Thread starter Rezman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rezman420

Rezman420

I currently use water bath to purge my BHO I blast right into parchment paper! Let the parchment sit out in room temp til its dry around 20min or so, I then scrap all my BHO onto one piece of parchment if I blast more then one! I pre heat my vacuum chamber on a electric stove on low! I have my chamber sitting on a thick stainless steal pancake pan! I leave the rubber mat inside the chamber and place parchment paper right on top, I let it muffin and come down then I purge it out slow because I learned the hard way and blasted all my BHO on the side of pot before lol I then repeat the purge once an hr til it looks good to me, I'd like any input to make my shit look better plz a lil note I dont use a thermometer yet so I'm not sure what my temps are throughtout the vacuum purge, but the shit comes out potent and flavorful 🤘takes about 4-5 hrs to get it to look like the pics

Shatter or snap shatter methods plz
Shatter or snap shatter methods plz 2
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I currently use water bath to purge my BHO I blast right into parchment paper! Let the parchment sit out in room temp til its dry around 20min or so, I then scrap all my BHO onto one piece of parchment if I blast more then one! I pre heat my vacuum chamber on a electric stove on low! I have my chamber sitting on a thick stainless steal pancake pan! I leave the rubber mat inside the chamber and place parchment paper right on top, I let it muffin and come down then I purge it out slow because I learned the hard way and blasted all my BHO on the side of pot before lol I then repeat the purge once an hr til it looks good to me, I'd like any input to make my shit look better plz a lil note I dont use a thermometer yet so I'm not sure what my temps are throughtout the vacuum purge, but the shit comes out potent and flavorful 🤘takes about 4-5 hrs to get it to look like the pics

Welcome to The Farm!.

First off... shit looks good man. 😎 Wish i had smell-avision!

now to the finishing

The first problem i think you are experiencing is your temp issue. For me, I usually run my product in the the vac chamber at 115 for up to 36 hours at full vac. I break vac about every 8-12 hours and flip the pattie on the parchment/silicone pad/ PTFE paper. Usually by the end of the third period it is tack-less to the touch at room temp.

The second problem i think you are experiencing is that if the fats & lipids are not removed then you can never achieve "snap" status because there will be far to many fats and lipids. To remove them you need to start with frozen weed and frozen/greatly chilled butane (do not put butane in an indoor freezer, unless you want to die!)
I like to use dry ice pellets & 99.5 % alcohol slurry. Set the cans in the mix as you begin to set up.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! The static from a sweater can turn you into a human torch.

This link is one of mine and deals with all kinds of processing of weed in differnt way; it is also very current and it is open to anyone. Source Turbo tinctures-oils & shatter (methanol/alcohol extraction) .

This heating pad come in various sizes and is reliable. I have checked mine with a laser thermometer many, many times and has never been off my more than 1 degree.
https://www.amazon.com/BestValueVac...JCG89KHXD8Q&psc=1&refRID=SMCXCNV4PJCG89KHXD8Q

That should get you started. If you have any questions all you have to do is post and add @AnselAdams and i will be notified of the post and will get you an answer.

Good Luck & May your shatter, SNAP sorry couldn't help it! 😉

Rezman420

Rezman420

Welcome to The Farm!.

First off... shit looks good man. 😎 Wish i had smell-avision!

now to the finishing

The first problem i think you are experiencing is your temp issue. For me, I usually run my product in the the vac chamber at 115 for up to 36 hours at full vac. I break vac about every 8-12 hours and flip the pattie on the parchment/silicone pad/ PTFE paper. Usually by the end of the third period it is tack-less to the touch at room temp.

The second problem i think you are experiencing is that if the fats & lipids are not removed then you can never achieve "snap" status because there will be far to many fats and lipids. To remove them you need to start with frozen weed and frozen/greatly chilled butane (do not put butane in an indoor freezer, unless you want to die!)
I like to use dry ice pellets & 99.5 % alcohol slurry. Set the cans in the mix as you begin to set up.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! The static from a sweater can turn you into a human torch.

This link is one of mine and deals with all kinds of processing of weed in differnt way; it is also very current and it is open to anyone. Source Turbo tinctures-oils & shatter (methanol/alcohol extraction) .

This heating pad come in various sizes and is reliable. I have checked mine with a laser thermometer many, many times and has never been off my more than 1 degree.
View attachment 982193https://www.amazon.com/BestValueVac...JCG89KHXD8Q&psc=1&refRID=SMCXCNV4PJCG89KHXD8Q

That should get you started. If you have any questions all you have to do is post and add @AnselAdams and i will be notified of the post and will get you an answer.

Good Luck & May your shatter, SNAP sorry couldn't help it! 😉
Thx buddy! It's worth the work if it doesn't come out perfect! Its all been a learning process to me I just want to have kill, clean snap shatter to perfection.

Rezman420

Rezman420

Vacuum purged for 10hrs, put on double boiler and flash burned to finish.

20200620 110208
Rezman420

Rezman420

I dbl boil on a plate on parchment paper! I use a torch lighter to flash burn the bubbles as they rise to the top! You can't hold the flame in one place more then a sec cuz it will burn the parchment so its a quick flash burn to pop the bubbles.

Dabzz

Dabzz

On
I dbl boil on a plate on parchment paper! I use a torch lighter to flash burn the bubbles as they rise to the top! You can't hold the flame in one place more then a sec cuz it will burn the parchment so its a quick flash burn to pop the bubbles.
On a plate as In hot plate.? Or kitchen. Plate. Looks like you make some pretty good dabs. Stuff that I want to make but keep screwing up. Do you use bud or trim? And of you could I would like a step by step guide on how you get that color and taste. Because I just been getting dark and poop taste. If you could help me out.

Dabzz

Dabzz

And I don't understand how you blast right on to parchment paper. I have my dbl bolier and I blast in tho Pyrex. Maybe Im reading it wrong but idk

Rezman420

Rezman420

Yeah I have parchment in my Pyrex! I blast right into the parchment open blast! I have another Pyrex on low heat on the stove with water in it and dbl boil it like that! Then I extract off of the parchment put into one glob on a new piece of parchment, i then put that on to a kitchen plate and place that onto a pot of water thats low-med heat til its bubbling a lil tje turn heat down to simmer it will liquefy again and I flash burn the bubbles as they rise quickly not to burn through to the parchment doesnt need much to pop the bubbles with the torch lighter.

Dabzz

Dabzz

Yeah I have parchment in my Pyrex! I blast right into the parchment open blast! I have another Pyrex on low heat on the stove with water in it and dbl boil it like that! Then I extract off of the parchment put into one glob on a new piece of parchment, i then put that on to a kitchen plate and place that onto a pot of water thats low-med heat til its bubbling a lil tje turn heat down to simmer it will liquefy again and I flash burn the bubbles as they rise quickly not to burn through to the parchment doesnt need much to pop the bubbles with the torch lighter.
I have never heard of that or doing it like that but I'm definitely going to try. You do all that before you put it in the vac or after?. And do you use bud or trim.?

Rezman420

Rezman420

I sometimes don't even put in chamber, I have the mat and chamber but I find it takes along time to fully purge.

Dabzz

Dabzz

I sometimes don't even put in chamber, I have the mat and chamber but I find it takes along time to fully purge.
You just purge it out in the water bath only that's crazy. And it don't crackle and pop? My stuff crackles and pops like crazy I purge it too. But I only do the water bath once for 15 to 20 mins at temp 110. Am I messing up somewhere should I go longer?

Dabzz

Dabzz

You just purge it out in the water bath only that's crazy. And it don't crackle and pop? My stuff crackles and pops like crazy I purge it too. But I only do the water bath once for 15 to 20 mins at temp 110. Am I messing up somewhere should I go longer?
And I can't tell the difference between butane or mostiure

Dabzz

Dabzz

Big bubbles or lil bubbles?. Im just gonna do for it. I got everything freezing rn. I have really good trim to fresh and even when you smoke it. It don't taste like shit. Like my dabs do so idk what's going on. Thanks for all the information through

Rezman420

Rezman420

Try to get as much of the stock out as possible that makes a difference too!

Rezman420

Rezman420

small bubbles! You will see bubbles come to the top your just trying to pop those til the bubbles stop rising.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams let me know what you think of this process??

Some how i missed this posting.

I have heard of it being done as described but i've never done it myself.

It looks good.

To remove all of the bubbles I typically flip my patties two or three times (every 12-18 hours) and i keep my temp at 112 no higher than 115 and keep it at full vac except when flipping.

Happy Farming! 😎 🍻

Top Bottom