Shed Some Light On The Subject...

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pass2TheLeft

Notice the name change and price difference same light 1 from alibaba the supplier and the other from a company that sells them were i live lol if you do your research you can save lots

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Notice the name change and price difference same light 1 from alibaba the supplier and the other from a company that sells them were i live lol if you do your research you can save lots
I've seen a few of these examples. You always hear the, " Those are cheap, knock off lights from China. You should buy the ones from trusted stores here in the states." Umm, a shit ton of products like electronics are imported from manufactures over seas. I've seen the same pucks that have the cute little mouse emblem. Growmau5 product. Yeah, it's international trade fed capitalism. I like that I can directly order from the manufacturers "the brand name guys" get their shit from. Twice as many watts for the same you're gonna pay here in the states. Ok. That settles it. "I'm dippin into the vacation fund hunny."

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've seen a nice platinum lighting cob/led combo from Alibaba priced significantly lower.

T

TheKoreanKid

I like this thread. I have been hesitant to pick up about 3k in alibaba qboards or "fluence"fixtures. I think I might get the qboards though.

T

TheKoreanKid

Trying to light a 10x10 grow space. I think I could get some insane light cover with 3k worth of alibaba qboards

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Trying to light a 10x10 grow space. I think I could get some insane light cover with 3k worth of alibaba qboards
Find a supplier you're considering ordering from. Contact them and request the sample. Typically one fixture or one set of components for diy kit. Once you get the product and are happy with the quality, order additional units. Better than trusting with larger order to begin with. If you're really technical about it, get the equipment to test the par and spectrum of the light. To compare to industry standards and any other reviewers out there. There's a guy on YouTube that reviews a lot of fixtures and tests all the characteristics. Although, here has never really tested products from overseas. Only brand manufactured fixtures. Worth checking out if you're researching lighting options. Youtube......."Migro". You'll find him. Irish guy I believe.

T

TheKoreanKid

Find a supplier you're considering ordering from. Contact them and request the sample. Typically one fixture or one set of components for diy kit. Once you get the product and are happy with the quality, order additional units. Better than trusting with larger order to begin with. If you're really technical about it, get the equipment to test the par and spectrum of the light. To compare to industry standards and any other reviewers out there. There's a guy on YouTube that reviews a lot of fixtures and tests all the characteristics. Although, here has never really tested products from overseas. Only brand manufactured fixtures. Worth checking out if you're researching lighting options. Youtube......."Migro". You'll find him. Irish guy I believe.
I think I have watched all of his videos and kept notes on some tempting lights haha. I assume requesting a sample still costs? Does it cost less than standard or whats the story on sample ordering?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I think I have watched all of his videos and kept notes on some tempting lights haha. I assume requesting a sample still costs? Does it cost less than standard or whats the story on sample ordering?
My understanding sample ordering doesn't cost any less, just the supplier is willing to sell one unit as apposed to multiple for minimum order. Qty ordering results in price breaks. Depending on product and supplier sometimes a minimum order is no less than 2 units or more. Lots of suppliers willing to offer a "sample" for your review. You still have to purchase it.

Top Bottom