shook pot and a fine dust fell from the plant?

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

theres no PM, don't see any naners or balls. I tapped the pot and dust fell, tapped it again and some more. but no more dust when I shake it now. it's the least frosty of the 3 plants. and the only plant I topped and has 4 main colas. any ideas? day 36 from flip. really starting to fatten up now

thedubside

thedubside

no one experienced this? I'm just hoping it's not pollen, I couldnt find the source of the dust, the first couple times i tapped the pot there was def some fine fine dust but then no more.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Unless the dust flew away as tiny knats, it’s probably just dust. It’s not bug poop or you you know about the problem before now. If it returns, you need a magnifying tool to see what’s up.

thedubside

thedubside

Only time I've ever seen this it was pollen falling off a plant, I don't know what else it could be??
that's my worst fear. couldnt find any pollen sacs tho and i gave it some more vigorous shaking to try and see whre it was coming from but there was no more dust to be seen. say it was pollen... would it make all the plants unsmokeable? the buds are quite fat just now. im about 4 weeks from harvest

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

that's my worst fear. couldnt find any pollen sacs tho and i gave it some more vigorous shaking to try and see whre it was coming from but there was no more dust to be seen. say it was pollen... would it make all the plants unsmokeable? the buds are quite fat just now. im about 4 weeks from harvest
I wish I had the answer for you my friend?? I'm following along too because I want to find out what else it could be??

thedubside

thedubside

Maybe your grow area has just gotten very dusty
possible.... the screen on my vents does get a build up of lint etc after a while. but i only noticed it on this one plant. im fairly confident its not mold as humidity never really gets above 50. and good ventilation, and i dont think WPM would come off in dust form would it? im going to have a better check when lights come on tonight

thedubside

thedubside

Was it white or yellow..my bet its just dust
I couldnt distinguish a colour to be honest, it was so fine. i could just tell it fine dust catching in the light. the oher 2 plants have got really really frosty. this one however is no where near the same level. im prob just over thinking as it's first grow and its almost done just waiting on a big set back,,,

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this a tent or is there some kind of ceiling directly above the plants? If a ceiling, what's the condition of that ceiling above the plant?

I don't think you're over-thinking this. Dust is not something you want in a grow, even if it's not pollen.

It's odd that it's just one plant, which makes it sound like pollen, but there's not a lot that anyone can tell, remotely and without pictures.

thedubside

thedubside

Is this a tent or is there some kind of ceiling directly above the plants? If a ceiling, what's the condition of that ceiling above the plant?

I don't think you're over-thinking this. Dust is not something you want in a grow, even if it's not pollen.

It's odd that it's just one plant, which makes it sound like pollen, but there's not a lot that anyone can tell, remotely and without pictures.
it's in a tent yeah, thinking back the dust was the kind of consistency of '' keiff ''. in an hour or so the light will be on so I will get in for a proper investigation and will update with what I find.

thedubside

thedubside

well guys.... worst fear came true. discovered some pollen sacs near the bottom of the plant.... open :( touched one and go that same fine dust i noticed the other day. it's hermied. its the bigges plant too so a real kick in the balls. Ive removed it from the tent, what do i do??? Im into the 6th week of flower. will this be unsmokable now? the buds look nice n frost on close inspection, and fat....

are my other 2 plants fucked too? if I see it through to finish will it be smokeable?

all answers appreciated

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

As far as whether seeded weed is smokable — without a doubt yes. Before around 1980, just about all weed was seeded. It won't be quite as potent as it would have been without seeds.

Break up a bud on an inclined surface and let the seeds roll away.

Some people (I am not one of them) prefer the buzz from seeded weed. There is a different character to it, beyond the somewhat lower potency.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
As far as whether seeded weed is smokable — without a doubt yes. Before around 1980, just about all weed was seeded. It won't be quite as potent as it would have been without seeds.

Break up a bud on an inclined surface and let the seeds roll away.

Some people (I am not one of them) prefer the buzz from seeded weed. There is a different character to it, beyond the somewhat lower potency.
I have smoked plenty of seeded weed. It's not my favorite, but it's a long way from nothing.

thedubside

thedubside

main reason i started was because im so sick and fed up of geting BS weed. I want the kind that turns you into a couch vegetable, i like the heavy heavy stone. seems like 90% of the weed i get is jus low grade nonsense. yet they always tell me its good stuff '' nice bit '' - '' good smoke '' when it's totally bull. just hope mine doesnt turn out on the same level now

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
main reason i started was because im so sick and fed up of geting BS weed. I want the kind that turns you into a couch vegetable, i like the heavy heavy stone. seems like 90% of the weed i get is jus low grade nonsense. yet they always tell me its good stuff '' nice bit '' - '' good smoke '' when it's totally bull. just hope mine doesnt turn out on the same level now
If you do a reasonable job at growing your own pot and curing it right, it blows away most anything else you can get in my experience. I would just watch that plant very carefully. Take pictures of it and look at the pictures. If nothing is there then nothing is there. You are probably fine. 36 days is not that far in to be "not that frosty."

If you have any suspicions, just put it in another room, change and wash the clothes you were wearing, take a shower, and you are probably fine.

thedubside

thedubside

If you do a reasonable job at growing your own pot and curing it right, it blows away most anything else you can get in my experience. I would just watch that plant very carefully. Take pictures of it and look at the pictures. If nothing is there then nothing is there. You are probably fine. 36 days is not that far in to be "not that frosty."

If you have any suspicions, just put it in another room, change and wash the clothes you were wearing, take a shower, and you are probably fine.
the other 2 are twice as frosty but i get what youre saying. i wonder if because this on hermed it put more energy into making pollen and nanners so less frost.i dont have another tent or light to put it in or i would. but ive seen it dropping pollen in the tent a few times now so assuming heyve been pollinated. however the nanners are only on the lower branches. all 6 main colas are clean so far but yeah ill be checking carefully. i need to move the plants out the tent to water tho so not ideal if not wanting to spread it.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
the other 2 are twice as frosty but i get what youre saying. i wonder if because this on hermed it put more energy into making pollen and nanners so less frost.i dont have another tent or light to put it in or i would. but ive seen it dropping pollen in the tent a few times now so assuming heyve been pollinated. however the nanners are only on the lower branches. all 6 main colas are clean so far but yeah ill be checking carefully. i need to move the plants out the tent to water tho so not ideal if not wanting to spread it.
Ah sorry I did not see the last post. Yeah....it's often plants with male traits that are the biggest. Tbh I probably had something like that happen with one of my plants on my last grow and I still got a ton of good smoke out of her. Some of the lower branches on my Maui Wowie had some dark, developed seeds. But she has been my daily smoke for over a month now and she still ended up getting very frosty by the end. Most of the buds are seedless.

I would wet everything down, remove anything that looks remotely nanner-like, and.....decide what to do from there. Honestly I don't know. I did not see anything with my Maui and so I never made a call on it. Gotta trust your gut after doing all the logical things.

Personally in your position I think I would just find a way to flower it separately even if it cost me money if I felt like the other colas were worth it, but that's just me. Remember, you can still make hash and edibles from plant matter that has resin but isn't ideal as smoke.

CF89

CF89

He already shook the plant and created a massive cloud of pollen in the tent. Aren’t all his other plants fucked now???

You can make hash of rosin or shatter from the bud if there’s too much seeds in it.

Why did your plant hermie is an important question too

Latest posts

Top Bottom