Short plant, is she ready to harvest in beginning of week 7?

• Thread starter Cacosoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cacosoman

Cacosoman

Hi everyone,
👋🏼 This plant grew slow and small from the beginning, she came from a very old seed (about 1 year old) possibly Ak48 or Jock Horror from Nirvana.
I decided to keep her just to see what would happen not expecting much of her.
She started in soil in a 3lt SmartPot, after a while the soil compacted to about half leaving the plant with actual 1.5lt pot of soil.
Temps where always a bit high, on average of 77f to 86f all the way.
In a 2x2x5 tent and a 600watt Viparspectra Led light.
🌱As a seedling she was watered with just spay and hand dripping only near its base, the soil around the base was constantly moved by hand for aeration (maybe this watering and soil aeration practices plus being an old seed made her grow very small and slow).
At around week 4 I stopped moving the soil and giving more water, she also got topped even though she was small.
After starting to give more water she began to grow much better but still staying small, at about 4 inches.
At week 5, I started LST, very hard to do on such a small plant.
🍃She was kept for 8 weeks in Veg (including seedling stage which I consider was about 3 to 4 weeks) and only grew to about 6 inches, then switched to 12/12.
🌿After the switch shew grew some more but always short and wide but healthy.
🍁Right now she is ending her 5th week of flower and she has about 30% orange pistils, I can see many amber trichomes on sugar leaves just at the naked eye and some (not to many) at the buds themselves with my camera zoom, maybe her being small and all she went threw is making her rippen fast, I think maybe 1 more week to go (which will be 6 weeks of flower), 1 and a half tops (just the start of week 7), I don't think she's getting any fatter, what you guys think? 🤔
Thanks ✌🏽
👁️‍🗨️ I show all the process in pics, the last ones are to determine if iam right about harvesting in around 1 week or week and a half.

IM8B0A3
IMG 20200630 173501
IMG 20200726 233717
IMG 20200804 010935
IMG 20200808 231707
IMG 20200817 232819
IMG 20200817 233151
IMG 20200817 233142
IMG 20200817 233103
BigCube

BigCube

Hi everyone,
👋🏼 This plant grew slow and small from the beginning, she came from a very old seed (about 1 year old) possibly Ak48 or Jock Horror from Nirvana.
She started in soil in a 3lt SmartPot, after a while the soil compacted to about half leaving the plant with actual 1.5lt pot of soil.
🌱As a seedling she was watered with just spay and hand dripping only near its base, the soil around the base was constantly moved by hand for aeration (maybe this watering and soil aeration practices plus being an old seed made her grow very small and slow).
At around week 4 I stopped moving the soil and giving more water, she also got topped even though she was small.
After starting to give more water she began to grow much better but still staying small, at about 4 inches.
🍃She was kept for 8 weeks in Veg (including seedling stage which I consider was about 3 to 4 weeks) and only grew to about 6 inches, then switched to 12/12.
🍁Right now she is ending her 5th week of flower and she has about 30% orange pistils, I can see many amber trichomes on sugar leaves just at the naked eye and some (not to many) at the buds themselves with my camera zoom, maybe her being small and all she went threw is making her rippen fast, I think maybe 1 more week to go (which will be 6 weeks of flower), 1 and a half tops (just the start of week 7), I don't think she's getting any fatter, what you guys think? 🤔
Thanks ✌🏽
👁️‍🗨️ I show all the process in pics, the last ones are to determine if iam right about harvesting in around 1 week or week and a half.

Shes looking good. Cant tell from far away the stage if the tricombes, but from just looking at the flowers I'd say it's got a couple weeks yet.

You want to harvest when the majority of the tricombes are milky, almost zero clear.

She is definitely close, I start flushing when my tricombes are almost all mature. Maybe 10% clear. Then I flush.

Good luck mang!

sambapati

sambapati

Don't forget to pl
Hi everyone,
Thanks ✌🏽
👁️‍🗨️ I show all the process in pics, the last ones are to determine if iam right about harvesting in around 1 week or week and a ha

Don't forget last 2 days/nights in total darkness

Cacosoman

Cacosoman

Shes looking good. Cant tell from far away the stage if the tricombes, but from just looking at the flowers I'd say it's got a couple weeks yet.

You want to harvest when the majority of the tricombes are milky, almost zero clear.

She is definitely close, I start flushing when my tricombes are almost all mature. Maybe 10% clear. Then I flush.

Good luck mang!

Thank you BigCube, yeah it's hard to see in those bud pics, I'll try to upload a couple that can show the trichomes better (might still be a bit hard to see).
And that's what I think, maybe a week and a half more.
You think she might fatten up a bit more in that time?

IMG 20200818 084354
IMG 20200818 084304
IMG 20200818 084124
Top Bottom