Shortage of coir. What to mix with?

• Thread starter Pileit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pileit

Pileit

On occasion our orders of coir doesnt arrive. We were expecting 2 pallets of coir/perlite mix. It is on backorder . Nice to find out on delivery day. Jumped on phone called all local grow stores and found some canna for 8 bucks a bag higher than i paid last time for canna. My usual go to local shops were cleaned out as well, all brands. was wondering if anyone has tried mixing peat moss and coir or any other substance and it hasnt dramatically altered length of harvest/ quality? Just when things seem to be running well<lol. Thanks.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

On occasion our orders of coir doesnt arrive. We were expecting 2 pallets of coir/perlite mix. It is on backorder . Nice to find out on delivery day. Jumped on phone called all local grow stores and found some canna for 8 bucks a bag higher than i paid last time for canna. My usual go to local shops were cleaned out as well, all brands. was wondering if anyone has tried mixing peat moss and coir or any other substance and it hasnt dramatically altered length of harvest/ quality? Just when things seem to be running well<lol. Thanks.
One of the growers here who actually grows incredible bud uses

1/3 Pro Mix
1/3 perlite
1/3 coco

His product is incredible. Explaining why hes on contract as head grower in several legal operations here.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Last year here it was perlite in extreme shortage. All this due to gardening overall by homebound folks plus multiple states going legal.

Top Bottom