should i add another fan

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have a 22 inch tower fan in 1 corner i have a 6 inch inline booster fan blowing air into the tent on the same side as the tower fan , i have a 6 inch exhaust fan at the top of the tent blowing air out to the outside . i noticed tonight that the pots closer to the fan are drying out faster then the others should i add another small fan on the floor on the opposite side as the other fans ?

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Come on maaan...🤔 *Sharing a bowl with @ComfortablyNumb* Where's the pics? 🙃🥴🤣😎 🚬

Probably just gotta turn your VORTEX down a notch or 2...😁👍☮️

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the 6 inch ducting is for my inline booster fan it runs down to floor

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

Where's the fan pointing? Is it diffused or directly hitting the pots and lower plants?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the 22 inch fan is oscillating fan and i can see leaves move on all the plants from the wind

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the plants i have circled it just seem like whatever plants sitting in those spots takes a day longer to dry out there is no fan on in that corner so i thought adding one might help
Inked1633540420009 LI

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

If you add another fan it's just gonna give you a more even dry back from side to side. At least that will keep you on a more consistent dry back and watering schedule.
thats what i wanna do

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Turn up the exhaust, then fine tune atmosphere. And if

you don't have one,, make one.
Some zip ties, inline motor, accordion ducting, tape.

TheMidgetTickler

TheMidgetTickler

the 22 inch fan is oscillating fan and i can see leaves move on all the plants from the wind
If its aimed at the pot that's drying out quicker- can you turn the fan so it's hits the walls first?
I read below & you're looking to even out the drying with another fan?
That seems logical but it's just adding more to the situation
Would be better to try diffuse the air first and see if that stops certain pots drying quicker

If you go for the extra fan you'll potentially run into salts & lockouts from speed drying your medium & evaporating the moisture in the medium. Could work around that by reducing the concentration of your feed but it's more to do & buy.
Easier if can diffuse the circulating air

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

You might get windburn in the future if you add another fan and those ladies get bigger but with fabric pots especially you need to even that airflow or they'll dry unevenly.

Microstraincollector

Microstraincollector

I keep my fan aimed more towards the top of the canopy rather than at the pots... I use the clip on style but you could probably find something to sit yours on, probably want to secure it so it doesn't fall over... Grow looks good

Top Bottom