Should I be concerned about pin holes of light I see though my tent?

• Thread starter TomTom420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomTom420

TomTom420

As I sit in my room in the dark with my tent lights on I see pin holes of light though the zipper part...will this have a serious affect when flowering? Should I get duct tape happy?

Madmax

Madmax

You could use a tarp or something to cover the area better..b a pita to take the tape off all the time..

TomTom420

TomTom420

It's just a 4x4 in a bedroom...day 2 of flowering.thanks
IMG 20210512 143045142
IMG 20210512 142946116
IMG 20210512 142938128

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Shouldn't be an issue. I can see a few pinholes in my tent zipper as well. I had my wife zip me up in mine one time with all the lights on outside and sun coming through the window and it was so black I couldn't see my hand in front of my face in there. Couldn't see any pins of light. That's the best way to check for leaks.

TomTom420

TomTom420

I jerry rigged a blanket to cover the front half and the back half is in a dark corner so hoping they will be ok...I'd love to get a better one...mabey in a few months...the wifey's starting to bust my balls about spending too much on my grow lol...I am waiting on another 1000w led from Amazon due in Saturday...same model I already have in there...cheap again but my plants seem to like the one I have now 😀

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use aluminum tape on the inside of my tent but sometimes they only stick for a few weeks. I actually have 1 pin hole on the door flap that I leave that's visible from the doorway of the room so I know if the lights are on or off with a glance. Always worried about the timer messing up lol

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Here's the problem I see: Too much floor space is visible! Stuff that tent with about two more plants of similar size.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Nope! I have gone from crazy pitch black to eh it’s less than a full moon and no issues. I have a some light that sort of makes it way but still dark.
I’d be far more worried about digital timers. I’ll never use them. Seen people fuck up and basically ruin the crop.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nope! I have gone from crazy pitch black to eh it’s less than a full moon and no issues. I have a some light that sort of makes it way but still dark.
I’d be far more worried about digital timers. I’ll never use them. Seen people fuck up and basically ruin the crop.

I have had light leaks with no issues and a pinhole that reversed a plant in its path. So it is plant dependent. No way to know. And the moon is a reflective light source. It measures only 1 candlepower at most. 1 lumen. Humans see very well. Plants likely can’t see (feel) the moon

TomTom420

TomTom420

Well thanks everyone for your response...I feel a lil better about turning my lamp on when it's dark time in the tent 😎

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

It’s definitely strain dependent imo. I’d still get a green light if I was poking around in the dark. Just to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom