Should I be concerned with these leaves turning yellow and brown?

• Thread starter stratman61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stratman61

stratman61

Just started happening in the last couple of days and not sure what steps to take.

Should i be concerned with these leaves turning yellow and brown
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Need more info.
What are you growing in (soil/coco/hydro) and what brand is it.
Lights used
Inside im assuming?
What nutrients (if any)
How many days from seed
Ec/ppm (if you know it)

Just to start things off.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

Leaves fade in late flower. But it doesnt look like you are in late flower yet. Might be a nute issue and your plant is eating the fans first. What day of flower, what nutes? Have you PH'd your dirt or water?

stratman61

stratman61

Need more info.
What are you growing in (soil/coco/hydro) and what brand is it.
Lights used
Inside im assuming?
What nutrients (if any)
How many days from seed
Ec/ppm (if you know it)

Just to start things off.
Miracle Grow Organic
Vivosun vs1000 about 18 inches at the moment
FF Tiger Bloom every 3 days, water in between as needed.
11 weeks from seedling
6 weeks of flower.
This is one out of my first 3 and I almost pulled it up early on because it was always behind but then it fooled me and started taking off and has been doing good and lots of bud sites.
I have since changed my soil to Fox Farm Happy Frog for all of my newer plants.

stratman61

stratman61

Miracle Grow Organic
11 weeks from seedling
6 weeks of flower.
This is one out of my first 3 and I almost pulled it up early on because it was always behind but then it fooled me and started taking off and has been doing good and lots of bud sites.
I only know the pH of the water going in is 6.5. never checked the soil or drain water.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

This one has been grown exactly the same as the other and it's fine but small. planted the same time.View attachment 1319433
So even tho one plant is fine, every plant and strain grows differently and has different needs.
Im gonna guess and say its the MG even tho its "organic" mg has slow release nutrients mainly for flowers and veggies, mg is not the best for growing cannabis.

Next run start with fox farm ocean forest or happy frog, roots organic 707 or lush,

promix bx or hp with gaia green if you want something stupid simple.

stratman61

stratman61

So even tho one plant is fine, every plant and strain grows differently and has different needs.
Im gonna guess and say its the MG even tho its "organic" mg has slow release nutrients mainly for flowers and veggies, mg is not the best for growing cannabis.

Next run start with fox farm ocean forest or happy frog, roots organic 707 or lush,

promix bx or hp with gaia green if you want something stupid simple.
Got it! My other ones are definitely doing good with the Happy Frog I'm using.

E

Edinburg

Check ph, correct if nessasary, cut back on the nutes, you can prune off the dead leaves.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

Miracle Grow Organic
11 weeks from seedling
6 weeks of flower.

I use the FF nutes too and I've noticed Tiger Bloom doesn't have enough P or K (2-8-4; n-p-k) once you get a few weeks into flower and the plant will eat it's fans early. I use the FF nutes in veg and early flower but by week 3 I start using a X-15-15. Still using the Big Bloom and Root Drench (check out the FF root drench if you haven't)

stratman61

stratman61

I use the FF nutes too and I've noticed Tiger Bloom doesn't have enough P or K (2-8-4; n-p-k) once you get a few weeks into flower and the plant will eat it's fans early. I use the FF nutes in veg and early flower but by week 3 I start using a X-15-15. Still using the Big Bloom and Root Drench (check out the FF root drench if you haven't)
Great to know! Do you see good results with that? Going to Google Root Drench now.

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

Great to know! Do you see good results with that? Going to Google Root Drench now.
Oh yea.. Last year I had a pretty decent sized outdoor plant. It started to drop its fans early even though I was feeding it. I talked to a grower friend of mine and he pointed out that I wasn't giving enough p-k for the later flower stages and suggested the hotter stuff. It made all the difference with that plant.

Def check as many other causes as you can before you UP your nutes, but it may be the culprit.

The root drench is good stuff. I used that along with clonex gel in my last clones.. here some roots from it..

20230112 082109

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Why don't you use both Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7) and Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) during flowering? FF recommends both (per their feeding chart). I have never been sure that the N-P-K numbers tell the whole story.

Thanks for the recommendation for Root Drench. I'm not familiar with it, so I'll look for it.

stratman61

stratman61

Why don't you use both Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7) and Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) during flowering? FF recommends both (per their feeding chart). I have never been sure that the N-P-K numbers tell the whole story.

Thanks for the recommendation for Root Drench. I'm not familiar with it, so I'll look for it.
I have the Big Bloom but didn't think I was supposed to use it during flowering. I used it during the veg stage along with the other one of the trio, can't remember the name of the other one right now.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I have the Big Bloom but didn't think I was supposed to use it during flowering. I used it during the veg stage along with the other one of the trio, can't remember the name of the other one right now.
yes they recommend big bloom during veg as well ✌️
and big bloom with tiger bloom till end of cycle
i would give it a last kelp feed now as well 🪴
Fxf soil usa std

onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

I use Big Bloom through the whole grow, as well as the root drench. It's mostly worm castings and other organic materials. In mid-to-later flower I add a higher p-k than the Tiger Bloom.

stratman61

stratman61

I use Big Bloom through the whole grow, as well as the root drench. It's mostly worm castings and other organic materials. In mid-to-later flower I add a higher p-k than the Tiger Bloom.
Do you continue to use Tiger Bloom and add something with a higher p-k?

Latest posts

Top Bottom