Should I be worried?

• Thread starter Mazeblue1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I am noticing that the stems in stock on a couple of my plants are turning red very red. I’m using hydroponic research and according to the food schedule I stopped giving a cal mag a few weeks ago and I have a feeling that that is what it is… But, my plants look excellent and are very healthy so I’m not sure if I should do anything at all? Also, I’ve done a ton of defoliating but haven’t in the last two weeks and still have quite a few big fan leaves covering bud sites.I try to fold them down but doesn’t work very well, should I still defoliate to open up some spaces for these lower bud sites? I’m in week six of flower day 38
Should i be worried
Should i be worried 2
Should i be worried 3
Should i be worried 4
Should i be worried 5

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Airflow could be improved with some light defoliation of the lower portions of the plants. They look good though!
Thanks for the input I think I will do a little more defoliating.. I’m not sure, but all of a sudden I’m having trouble with humidity levels which I normally do not have even though I live in the south east where the humidity is outrageous right now I’ve been working all morning trying to get a steady temperature and humidity level. Maybe a little defoliating will help..I have two little dehumidifiers inside With four canisters of damp rid Which usually do the trick I have an AC the pipes in and an in-line fan that pulls out but when I put the dehumidifier on it drop the temperature into the 60s without it the humidity goes up into the 70s and it goes back and forth when it kicks on and off? Do you have any input on which is better to have a higher humidity level but the correct temperature or a lower temperature with a much better humidity level?

Dr.B

Dr.B

I have the opposite problem most of the time I fight to keep humidity up. In late flower because of the size of the plants, volume of leaves and massive transpiration levels I do struggle with humidity too.

I gave up on the little dehumidifiers a year ago and cored an unauthorized hole in the side of my rented house for a new "dryer vent". Pumping the air out through the wall 24/7 keeps my humidity below 50% in late flower.

Defoliation and airflow are key here too but be careful. I take a leaf to a few leaves every day in flower until I achieve my goal in the humidity department. Your plant needs those leaves as much as it needs you to thin it out a bit.

Madmax

Madmax

Looks fine to me bro .i put it down to genetics or exposure to light.most times i get it .. and thats quite often it appears on the top of the plant petioles and stem .never really looked into it as it has never affected the quality or yield of plant..

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have the opposite problem most of the time I fight to keep humidity up. In late flower because of the size of the plants, volume of leaves and massive transpiration levels I do struggle with humidity too.

I gave up on the little dehumidifiers a year ago and cored an unauthorized hole in the side of my rented house for a new "dryer vent". Pumping the air out through the wall 24/7 keeps my humidity below 50% in late flower.

Defoliation and airflow are key here too but be careful. I take a leaf to a few leaves every day in flower until I achieve my goal in the humidity department. Your plant needs those leaves as much as it needs you to thin it out a bit.
During the vegetative stage I use the humidifier I had The in-line fan and carbon filter above the light going outside but then the plants got so high I had to take the fan out and I didn’t even use it for the last month or so but now the humidity is really high and I’m having problems So I hooked the in-line fan back up but I sealed all my windows and it’s just blowing into the room right now..I have it at 55% humidity but the temperature is only 70 that’s the best I can get it right now otherwise the humidity will be in the 70s almost 80 for me to keep it at 77° so I think you are correct as far as defoliating some more to get more airflow and I will take that advice thanks

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Looks fine to me bro .i put it down to genetics or exposure to light.most times i get it .. and thats quite often it appears on the top of the plant petioles and stem .never really looked into it as it has never affected the quality or yield of plant..
Good to know! Thanks

Dr.B

Dr.B

During the vegetative stage I use the humidifier I had The in-line fan and carbon filter above the light going outside but then the plants got so high I had to take the fan out and I didn’t even use it for the last month or so but now the humidity is really high and I’m having problems So I hooked the in-line fan back up but I sealed all my windows and it’s just blowing into the room right now..I have it at 55% humidity but the temperature is only 70 that’s the best I can get it right now otherwise the humidity will be in the 70s almost 80 for me to keep it at 77° so I think you are correct as far as defoliating some more to get more airflow and I will take that advice thanks
I just heard of something called the "dry bag" others on the site use it... It seems to work.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I just heard of something called the "dry bag" others on the site use it... It seems to work.

I use damp rid Which looks like the same thing, and we already had it in the house but I just need to get through these last couple weeks and then I’m changing this whole system. This was my very first time growing, it has been an amazing experience and I have learned so much but I am totally changing everything most likely going to RDWC Because the amount of work in these four 5 gallon buckets inside the 3 x 3 tent for the past three months+ is too much!!!

Dr.B

Dr.B

I use damp rid Which looks like the same thing, and we already had it in the house but I just need to get through these last couple weeks and then I’m changing this whole system. This was my very first time growing, it has been an amazing experience and I have learned so much but I am totally changing everything most likely going to RDWC Because the amount of work in these four 5 gallon buckets inside the 3 x 3 tent for the past three months+ is too much!!!
The learning and overhauling seems to never stop! 🤣🤣🤣 Welcome to growing!

I think an exterior vent is the ultimate solution here if possible. You need to get that moisture out of the room too, not just the tent. It could present health hazards and big remediation costs down the road.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

The learning and overhauling seems to never stop! 🤣🤣🤣 Welcome to growing!

I think an exterior vent is the ultimate solution here if possible. You need to get that moisture out of the room too, not just the tent. It could present health hazards and big remediation costs down the road.
I hear ya…I can put it back out the window I suppose for now I don’t like it being in the house anyway, I have an out building that I can use and I’m going to design it the way I want

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I have quite a bit of small skinny stalks with small buds I feel I should take off.. the little buds that have formed since I lollipopped I feel are stealing energy from the bigger buds also and I want to take them off too but am afraid, I don’t want to interrupt the plant at all! Should I remove either of those at this point in the game?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have quite a bit of small skinny stalks with small buds I feel I should take off.. the little buds that have formed since I lollipopped I feel are stealing energy from the bigger buds also and I want to take them off too but am afraid, I don’t want to interrupt the plant at all! Should I remove either of those at this point in the game?
You can but I like to get 2 harvest from plants harvest the tops and give the popcorn another 3 week and get yourself a smaller crop but you can use it better than stripping it off now . Od .

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

You can but I like to get 2 harvest from plants harvest the tops and give the popcorn another 3 week and get yourself a smaller crop but you can use it better than stripping it off now . Od .
How does that work as far as flushing goes?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
How does that work as far as flushing goes?
I use 1/4 strength nutes and worm casting tea cal /mag I’m in coco perlite from week 10 to 12 , last day before harvest flush with ph correct water shut down lights 48 hr , after that period still in dark period I harvest tops hang to dry , then bring lights back on 12/12 lower it a bit feed 1/4 nutes as before give it 2 to 3 weeks than do the same as I’ve out lined . Od

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I use 1/4 strength nutes and worm casting tea cal /mag I’m in coco perlite from week 10 to 12 , last day before harvest flush with ph correct water shut down lights 48 hr , after that period still in dark period I harvest tops hang to dry , then bring lights back on 12/12 lower it a bit feed 1/4 nutes as before give it 2 to 3 weeks than do the same as I’ve out lined . Od
And that works for dwc as well?

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Your going to have to wait till someone who dwc to chime in as I said I'm in Coco perlite , Sorry if I didn't know your in dws .od
I didn’t know that you didn’t know I was in dwc haha thought it sounded odd though thanks anyways

Top Bottom