Should I buy another LED? 2x8 closet SCROG

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys new grower here I have a 2 by 8 1/2 foot closet grow space and I’m running 2 kingbrite 240 watt quantum boards. I figured the light intersecting in the middle would be enough but I wanna run my lights as close as I can and I feel the middle plant won’t get as much light intensity. Is this something you all think I should do? More light= more buds right? So if I add another 100 watt led in the middle I’ll be pulling 580 watts. Below is a picture of my setup. Eventually the plants will be spread out so one will be directly in the middle. I feel 2 plants fit perfectly under each kingbrite so what about the 5th one I can’t leave her out right? Let me know so I can buy some new gear on my lunch break in 2 hours 😆🤷‍♂️
Should i buy another led 2x8 closet scrog
Should i buy another led 2x8 closet scrog 2

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Well I ended up buying a 150w viparspectra on sale for 120$ Gonna give my plants really good light intensity evenly spread across I can’t wait bc this will actually make my grow 100% complete!!!

XxHammer

XxHammer

This is the first ive actually seen your setup... I think youre okay how you have it but ive never heard someone turn down extra light lol

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
This is the first ive actually seen your setup... I think youre okay how you have it but ive never heard someone turn down extra light lol
It’s been like a month in the making and now I’ve decided to add more light!! To be completely legal (like it matters) I need to stick to 5 plants and 2 fit perfectly under a 240 watt led so I’m adding the middle light for my 5th plant. So I can blast each of them with high intensity light and keep my canopy even as much as possible!! It has been really fun building out this closet rather then just buying a tent and I’m really happy with my setup. I’m being patient and waiting to flip to flower when my girls are the size I want. I’m getting great side branches most of my plants have 6+ tops all even with each other. Some short like bush plants I love em!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From my short time here at thcfarmer that means a lot coming from you!!! 🙌🙏🙌
Thank you for the kind words... looking forward to seeing that in action... should serve you well. Probably be some tinkering as with all projects but that's a really well done use of space right there. Going 2x8 is going to be a big advantage over a 4x4 in terms of ease to work on the plants and grow.

I can say that from experience my 4x4 was a pita. If I did it again it would be similar to this.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thank you for the kind words... looking forward to seeing that in action... should serve you well. Probably be some tinkering as with all projects but that's a really well done use of space right there. Going 2x8 is going to be a big advantage over a 4x4 in terms of ease to work on the plants and grow.

I can say that from experience my 4x4 was a pita. If I did it again it would be similar to this.
Ya I’ve thought about that as well how much easier it is to tend to the plants and inspect what’s going on. I also made my own plant stands I’m going to use until my plants are growing thru the net.
25699994 CCA4 4321 B5BC 2CFE89C326BA
AB0F4E45 5B2E 4CDA 8A30 FDE5ADCDC1AE

XxHammer

XxHammer

I have a 3x3 tent and really dont like the layout.. I would have been much better served with a 2x6 or similar. We live and we learn.

I cant wait to get my next living space and build a REAL grow space. This is all practice for the real thing

XxHammer

XxHammer

Fyi.. I had bought some of the rollers also but have come to find them to be a complete waste.

A) when using you give up 3-4" of valuable height and really no benefit.

Makes them easier to move but once you start using a Net you wont be moving them anyways. And they dont get big enough to really need to be wheeled around until they are big enough to go under a net.... Get what im saying?

Speaking of which I need to get my 40$ in store credit from Home Depot for the ones I bought still

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Fyi.. I had bought some of the rollers also but have come to find them to be a complete waste.

A) when using you give up 3-4" of valuable height and really no benefit.

Makes them easier to move but once you start using a Net you wont be moving them anyways. And they dont get big enough to really need to be wheeled around until they are big enough to go under a net.... Get what im saying?

Speaking of which I need to get my 40$ in store credit from Home Depot for the ones I bought still
I have some good space to work with and I trained my plants small but I can see where you’re coming from. If I need the space I’ll take them off

Latest posts

Top Bottom