Should I chop this plant down? (hermie?)

• Thread starter Davidjreimer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Davidjreimer

Hey Gs,

I’m currently growing in coco with Sypder 2i and supplemental Co2 with Floraplex nutes.

Still new to growing, this is just my second cycle - first was a disaster and a half (super unstable Slurricane bought from in-house)

Currently growing Bubba 2.0 and on week 3 of flower.

I popped 30 beans for this run so am dealing with untested genetics. I found 2 hermies in the room but I removed them before the pollen sacs opened. I’m currently concerned about some of the plants being hermaphrodites and producing bananas / “nanners”, or maybe already pollinated from something I missed

On 1 plant there seems to be swollen calyxes right at the top of the buds. Are these signs of early banana growth or maybe pollination?

Should i chop this plant down hermie 2

I’m leaning to chop this girl down just to be safe. What do you think? Does this look like banana formation?

I tried searching the forum and online for pictures of what bananas look like at an early stage, and had a hard time finding anything at all.

Here are few pics of other buds from other plants that look different/better.
Should i chop this plant down hermie 3

Should i chop this plant down hermie 4

Should i chop this plant down hermie 6

Should i chop this plant down hermie 5

I appreciate any feedback

Should i chop this plant down hermie
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

I don't see any male flowers in your pics. I hear of people sometimes having a few male flowers usually on the bottom 1/3 of the plant. They pluck them off and keep on patrol for more, and they get thru it, and plant continues on normally. I'd just search on this forum for hermi and start reading posts. A lot of people post a lot of information w/pics.

D

Davidjreimer

I don't see any male flowers in your pics. I hear of people sometimes having a few male flowers usually on the bottom 1/3 of the plant. They pluck them off and keep on patrol for more, and they get thru it, and plant continues on normally. I'd just search on this forum for hermi and start reading posts. A lot of people post a lot of information w/pics.
Thanks for the reply G. I appreciate it 💪

Top Bottom