Should I continue to feed as normal the last 2 weeks, cut back or just stop all together?

• Thread starter Perrin6363
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I didn't see a thread for this when I searched and I've read and heard a lot both ways. I've read studies done by nutrient companies that state there's no change in size or potency of the buds. But that people ended up preferring the taste of the buds that had gotten fed all the way until harvest. Which doesn't make too much sense to me. Why would nutrients make buds taste better than nature would. I think that had some influence from the nutrient companies. But if there's no difference in size or strength, why waste the nutrients. I'm prob 2 weeks out. I was going to cut back to half next feeding, then none the last week.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A "white paper" I read by a company that grows for wax production indicated there is no difference in yield or potency of buds, but there is a difference in the visual appearance of the extracted wax. Not making wax? Save money on nutes the last week or two.

I think the taste and harshness is more influenced by curing, but that's just my guess.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
A "white paper" I read by a company that grows for wax production indicated there is no difference in yield or potency of buds, but there is a difference in the visual appearance of the extracted wax. Not making wax? Save money on nutes the last week or two.

I think the taste and harshness is more influenced by curing, but that's just my guess.
I've been debating this with myself....and others.....the chart says they need food up to week 8 but strains that go longer than 8 weeks like most of everything I've grown still need food....right? I have a PlatinumOG @ 8 weeks 2 days. I watered yesterday but she'll be dry by tomorrow night and I'll have to feed her again, she has at least 2 more maybe 3 weeks left. I've done this in the past by stopping feed after week 6 then running 4 more weeks because they're not done on water only......and that's not good either.

I'm now thinking as long as I can finish on a water cycle I'm not going to stop feeding completely until they're done.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I hate that graphic! They kind of indicate that only N is needed during veg and the first two weeks of flower, which is crazy. Then I guess all plants finish in 9 weeks.

12 week plant? I'd feed until 10 weeks, and if I fed beyond that, I wouldn't sweat it. Growing organic, I never gave a shit about flushing and it's sounding more and more like there isn't much reason for anyone to worry about flushing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I hate that graphic! They kind of indicate that only N is needed during veg and the first two weeks of flower, which is crazy. Then I guess all plants finish in 9 weeks.

12 week plant? I'd feed until 10 weeks, and if I fed beyond that, I wouldn't sweat it. Growing organic, I never gave a shit about flushing and it's sounding more and more like there isn't much reason for anyone to worry about flushing.
I'm still finishing at the end of a water cycle & not feed. I always did until I read the word FLUSHING in so many threads and without looking to deep into it I thought it must be the ticket to smoother smoking weed I tried Back to Back & Back to Back to Back watering it didn't smooth out the smoke as I'd hoped it might.....Curing properly does though.

CKoko13

CKoko13

I didn't see a thread for this when I searched and I've read and heard a lot both ways. I've read studies done by nutrient companies that state there's no change in size or potency of the buds. But that people ended up preferring the taste of the buds that had gotten fed all the way until harvest. Which doesn't make too much sense to me. Why would nutrients make buds taste better than nature would. I think that had some influence from the nutrient companies. But if there's no difference in size or strength, why waste the nutrients. I'm prob 2 weeks out. I was going to cut back to half next feeding, then none the last week.
Flush the girls, of course the nuts companies are going to tell u to feed til the very end because then u'll run out of the nutes faster needing to buy more soon, the best thing to do with 2 weeks left til harvest is flush and flush and flush and bring out the terrene profile in your girls.

Top Bottom