Should I cut and run?

• Thread starter Mazeblue1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Hey everybody,
I have 10 plants growing 10 different strains and it has been a challenge to say the least.
I’m growing in Ffof and used gaja green dry amendments throughout the grow.
I added worm castings a couple times throughout the grow I think that threw things off and I’ve been using Cal mag and oxygenated ph h20 for the last couple weeks trying to turn things around and then yesterday I noticed spider webbing first off in my Girl Scout cookies plant!
Now today I’ve noticed it in my sour diesel.
I’m on day 63 of flower( week 9) some of these plants are nine and 10 week, some are 7-8 week.
The plan was to try to harvest all at one time but now that I have had unseasonably warm weather for the last two weeks it brought out the spider mites and now I’m thinking maybe I should just cut them all down this week…
I need to renovate my whole grow building especially because of things like this, air leaks, and I would like to automate everything as much as I can Which is all I’m waiting for is this grow to end so I can get that done.
I’m thinking water one more time tomorrow and then sometime this week give them two days of dark and then harvest and cut my losses.
I have a chemical I can’t think of the name right now it’s not in front of me to put on for spider mites but this late in the game I think that’s a bad idea…
Any suggestions would be really helpful
Should i cut and run
Should i cut and run 2
Should i cut and run 3

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

The pics make it a little difficult to determine if the buds are ripe. Try using a magnifying glass or a jewelers loop to see if you have milky tricomes and some amber coloring. Regarding the mites, I recommend using a product called Plant Therapy. Very safe and effective. You can use it up to harvest. Worked for me. Also try getting the temp down in the tent, say below 74 degrees. Heart and high humidity brings out the mites. Best of luck to you.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

The pics make it a little difficult to determine if the buds are ripe. Try using a magnifying glass or a jewelers loop to see if you have milky tricomes and some amber coloring. Regarding the mites, I recommend using a product called Plant Therapy. Very safe and effective. You can use it up to harvest. Worked for me. Also try getting the temp down in the tent, say below 74 degrees. Heart and high humidity brings out the mites. Best of luck to you.
Thanks for the reply, that picture was just to show the webbing..
I’m checking with both a magnifying glass and a jewelers loop and I have been keeping the temperatures at least trying to keep them at around 75 but we have a warm streak going on the past two weeks it’s freaking 80° every day and very humid and I have two commercial dehumidifiers goingBut like I said my little Growershouse Hass to be re-modeled..
I’ve been smoking wedding cake for the past year that I grew and I wanted variety before I rip this place apart LOL

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I feel like I could chop them all right now that Girl Scout cookies just feels a little light it’s not dense like most of the other ones I feel like it could go longer..
AC has been on 60° also and I turn my light down to 75%

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

What do you think of this?
Lift temperatures are right at about 76 right now and my humidity is in the mid 50s until I get a cold streak on Monday this is what I’ve been dealing with right around harvest time of all times
C30403BE 4076 4DA1 BBA5 0CFE4886BCF5

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

Thanks for the pics. I think you are very close. Maybe one more week before harvest. Best of luck to you. Overall it looks like you have done a great job.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Thanks for the pics. I think you are very close. Maybe one more week before harvest. Best of luck to you. Overall it looks like you have done a great job.
I agree With your assessment of one more week thank you very much for your help!

Chem77

Chem77

You could blast them with water in the shower carefully. Then I’d put a fan on them to help dry.
Myself would cut them and throw in the fire pit and start over.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

You could blast them with water in the shower carefully. Then I’d put a fan on them to help dry.
Myself would cut them and throw in the fire pit and start over.
I blasted the Girl Scout cookies yesterday with water but your assessment of throwing out 10 strainsAnd months of hard work over that that’s a little ridiculous

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Never heard of a great grower from day 1 never having issues. Learning from there past crops there's no losses only lessons

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

When they look like that leave in dark for 3-4 days completely dark and don't water right before and chop

IMG 20211020 212700 252
IMG 20211022 214126 986
IMG 20211025 215145 970
Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

You could I usto do 2 days but now I see abit more of a result the stress improves trichome production if you never try you will never know
My techniques are not carved in stone I’m open to different ideas..
I noticed it with two days of dark that’s why I do it

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

When they look like that leave in dark for 3-4 days completely dark and don't water right before and chop
My wife reminded me she has a fancy camera that can capture trichome photos like that so I will see try tomorrow.
My jewelers loop is too small

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

My wife reminded me she has a fancy camera that can capture trichome photos like that so I will see try tomorrow.
My jewelers loop is too small
Ye I found a clip on scope 60×-120× on Amazon and with the camera on my phone I took these

Latest posts

Top Bottom