Should I cut my loss and harvest early??

• Thread starter Nugboatwilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugboatwilly

Nugboatwilly

I live in the south with high heat and humidity this summer, especially right now with the hurricane weather...

I’ve been scaring myself the whole time because this is my first time grow. They’re all in coco and have been monitoring the ph and well as the amount of nutes. The issue is some of the buds look really good on the tops and some of them aren’t producing white hairs and looks like the bud is stunted in a way and the leaves around the bud sites are curling up around the edges.
is this a sign of early bud rot or maybe something to do with nutrients?
DADE5462-735D-4945-9A10-35C65A171D2E.jpeg

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Would you set the plant on a table and take a picture of it. I'd like to see the entire plant. Thanks

Nugboatwilly

Nugboatwilly

4D59ED48 1EBB 407D AF80 FF1B7C7C8016
9F8846F0 885D 4133 8BE2 218B21A02199

These are just some shot tonight, I can get better ones tomorrow in the day but You can see the bud almost in the middle on the second picture looks different from the rest still.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Oh ya! Nice plant buy the way. Now lets make it better.
Stop feeding it Nitrogen. It's finished for the year. Maybe give it something like 3-6-12 but I'm thinking it's to late for that as it's almost ready to harvest.
I'd set the plant on a table so you can get in under it and defoliate every branch right up to the bottom of the buds on that branch.
If there is a bud above that, defoliate everything between the buds as well all the way to the bottom of the top kola. Leave the sugary leaves on the buds but take everything else off the stalks.
You will end up with something like this. Don't worry the plant has finished growing and no longer needs the leaves.
When your done you should only have sugary leaves on the stalks. No big green leaves at all.
Most of your problem is that the upper leaves are shading the buds deep inside the plant. They are not getting enough light to ripen. When you Defoliate all the green matter the sun will ripen the inner buds and all will be well. When you stop feeding it the leaves sticking out of the buds will look pretty ugly in a couple of weeks or so but that's a good thing. The plant will use all the nutrients in the pot. Your doing a great job nothing wrong with your plant it looks fantastic. Be prepared your buds are about to get bigger and better. Keep her watered.

IMG 2038

Last edited:
Nugboatwilly

Nugboatwilly

Thank you for the response and for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I’ve been using Emerald Harvest nutes and been on a regular schedule with them and just started my 2nd week of flowering feeding but your saying I should start to flush them now and harvest in mid September?

Nugboatwilly

Nugboatwilly

That’s also something I was reading too (every grower seems to have their own knowledge based on their experiences) but being the problem I can’t get the humidity down under 80 for a solid week and with more rain on the way, I’m just scared of rot sweeping them out from underneath me. Also probably wasn’t a good idea to blindly plant randoms, not knowing their origin.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And look up bud washing if your gonna smoke it. I agree with @ComfortablyNumb and @Ponky mites and personally I would toss it but to each thier own.... its not gonna kill ya but I would bud wash it.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

If you are thinking of chopping it down and tossing it, what have you got to lose, Deleaf it down to the sugar leaves and see how it reacts. If might recover and if not it will be a learning experience.
Take some sort of magnifying glass and look for Mites. Try and figure out what is going on with it so you/we can learn from it.

I too was told not to defoliate during flower along with a ton of reading online, but they were just way to thick inside. I went ahead and did a couple plants, they stressed a bit for a day or two but then really took off. So I did the others. Sometimes we gotta roll the dice to learn.
Keep us posted...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you are thinking of chopping it down and tossing it, what have you got to lose, Deleaf it down to the sugar leaves and see how it reacts. If might recover and if not it will be a learning experience.
Take some sort of magnifying glass and look for Mites. Try and figure out what is going on with it so you/we can learn from it.

I too was told not to defoliate during flower along with a ton of reading online, but they were just way to thick inside. I went ahead and did a couple plants, they stressed a bit for a day or two but then really took off. So I did the others. Sometimes we gotta roll the dice to learn.
Keep us posted...
Yeah 100% with ya on this if they need it do it. In flower its fine imo as long as there is a reason and your not just pillaging them for no reason.

I defoliate at flip and week 3 of flower. And pull some here and there till the end.

There are no hard rules in cannabis the way I see it. You do what the plants needs. I'd much rather prune up the plant then follow some arbitrary rule that can't possibly apply to all genetics, situations or grows and end up having to toss a plant to something like PM because someone said ridiculous that can't possibly cover all scenarios.

Nugboatwilly

Nugboatwilly

Well the story is, I had 10 random bag seeds and just went with it. 5 of them were fems so I did a blanket feeding schedule for all of them, well... this was the only one that ended up like this in my greenhouse. I’m in the south so temps this summer got as high as 95 sometimes higher depending where you’re at. She was the tallest of the bunch so maybe the sunlight didn’t treat her like it did the others? This is my first go round ever so it’s all been a learning experience. No one likes doing the big chop when you don’t have to, that’s why I wanted some insight before I did. I’m gonna try and defoil and see if she recovers just for the knowledge but I think next time, it’s indoors for me 😅

Top Bottom