Should I Extend Flower 1 Week

• Thread starter scott.0691
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scott.0691

scott.0691

Barneys Farm LSD Fem..250w HPS in Coco..Feeding GH FloraTrio Hard water (I have well water..No CalMag)..I was going to SCROG but decided against it but left the SCROG net in to use it for LST..Topped the main..the topped two more and FIM'd the other 2..what I got was a beautiful table top plant...she has produced more buds than I was expecting..but quite happy! Using GrowBuddy to log everything as well as take daily pics since day 1...I live in the SouthEast USA..humidity hasn't been much of a problem with an EVA-Dry 2200 I put in the tent 2 weeks (48-52% RH) ago as well as an additional fan now running 3 (2 at top and 1 on the bottom)...I have tried to thin her out as much as possible for better airflow..She is on Week 4 Day 6 of Flower and I would like some opinions on whether I should extend the flower 1 week from 9 to 10 weeks...pH 5.79-5.81 EC 500-525 (with Nutes)

IMG 0428
Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Agree few weeks still. Looking nice considering still the swell coming. Make sure you got good airflow. You got to watch pistils and trichs more importantly. Can’t say add a week cause you still got 4 by breeder timelines. Usually add some time to what they say. But I’ve also had 65 day strains finish in 55 days. Nice plant there.

scott.0691

scott.0691

Agree on the shitty pic...should have turned off the light...I was asking the question because if needed I was going to extend the current week which would make Mid Bloom 3 weeks instead of 2..just to give her an extra push before heading into "Late Bloom"...I have never needed to extend the flowering time but with the extra topping and FIM'ing I wasn't quite sure..But agree she has another 4 weeks left, and according to my calendar that would make harvest on or about the 19th of September...looking forward to some good yield...Thanks

New2dagame

New2dagame

Looking good , should gain some nice weight on those nugs n the next few weeks. Looks like you got the training figured out . What you do for training?
Looks similar to mine . Which I just topped and light bending of tallest bud sites .

70926E8D 0F1A 45BE 9753 D2E684A7A9F2
scott.0691

scott.0691

Thank you for the props...I topped her...Then waited for those nodes to grow...out of those nodes I Topped two of them and FIM'd the other two...lots of bud sights....Want to get a new light setup (LED) been looking but am unsure what to buy...Your plant looks awesome..I used pipe cleaners for LST..I just hooked one end pulled it down and wrapped the other around the netting.....easy to adjust...How old is yours..what strain are you growing..What is the light setup you are using..I am using a 250w HPS I researched the usable light footprint and made a SCROG net to match the footprint...works very good for LST

New2dagame

New2dagame

That’s Blue Cheese under a
600watt Led. Got a bunch of LEDs
300watts to 2000watts and one 600 watt hps . Big difference in Led compared to hps . Hps way better for results . If your not worried about electric bills and have good electrical set up for hps , stay with hps and get more watts .
LEDs do the trick for vegging but suffers in flower (yeild), light penetration is week for lower nugs.
Now you can spend $500-1000 and probably get some good LEDs but for what .. hps way to go .
Strands I got ...
Green crack
Blue cheese
Sour deasel
Berry bomb
Pineapple Express
GG4 getting popped end of this month.
Not an expert , 2 years experience.
Happy grow !!

New2dagame

New2dagame

Here’s HPS 4by4 tent .
Week 8 flower , that was two weeks ago. 3 plants still in there and nugs are packing on !! Will b cutting down this weekend . Expecting 2-4 0z per
Been avg 3oz per plant in Hps . Can get that from Led put need well trained plant and can’t do as many plants .

1FBDA338 64D8 427A 9749 E4338F98C2AA
86A21D40 77CF 41AC B15D 7D297A77A04C
scott.0691

scott.0691

Damn those Colas are packed...very impressive...I hope mine ends up like yours...my electric bill only goes up $30 a month that’s with everything running...not too bad...live in southeastern NC...humidity is my only concern...but I am able to keep RH low..so far

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

300watts to 2000watts and one 600 watt hps . Big difference in Led compared to hps . Hps way better for results . If your not worried about electric bills and have good electrical set up for hps , stay with hps and get more watts .
LEDs do the trick for vegging but suffers in flower (yeild), light penetration is week for lower nugs.
Now you can spend $500-1000 and probably get some good LEDs but for what .. hps way to go .
Strands I got ...
Green crack
Blue cheese
Sour deasel
Berry bomb
Pineapple Express
Happy grow !!
I don't agree..I use Quantum LEDs by HLG..
This was grown under a single 2700k QB132 (four boards for $150 + driver) and I don't think I am an exception either..Show em @sixstring LOL

Megacrop
QB 132s 1 20 18
Quantum 135w

scott.0691

scott.0691

I need a bigger tent!! I have a 2x4x5...Though I have had success with a lower wattage HPS..would like to see for myself all the hype with LED...I want to try an outdoor grow next year but the humidity in NC..would be disastrous to the buds in late flower...I live on 51 acres of private land...just wife and I...so stealth not an issue..I am looking at making a little greenhouse in the winter...maybe a 12x12..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I need a bigger tent!! I have a 2x4x5...Though I have had success with a lower wattage HPS..would like to see for myself all the hype with LED...I want to try an outdoor grow next year but the humidity in NC..would be disastrous to the buds in late flower...I live on 51 acres of private land...just wife and I...so stealth not an issue..I am looking at making a little greenhouse in the winter...maybe a 12x12..
There is a great thread on LEDs..COBs and QBs are going strong..
Start at post #569:)
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sixstrings-led-cob-builds.85163/page-29#post-2042529
The man's a WIZARD..:cool:

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

Strands I got ...
Green crack
Blue cheese
Sour deasel
Berry bomb
Pineapple Express
Happy grow !!
At first my plants got no yields. I started to train them so the branches would spread out more and whatever stayed under the canopy usually the lower branches I'd make to clones. And you should manage to get a big bushy plant the more you train the plant the better the yield with led. Hps penetrates way better than led

scott.0691

scott.0691

A 250w HPS is great for a small tent like mine...if I decide to get a 400w HPS I will definitely need a bigger tent if nothing more a taller one..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How many plants under light ? Guessing only a few. Colas look amazing !
That light had 1.5 plants directly under it (there are other LEDs in the 3x3 tent (over 500 True watts worth)..

BTW..Pineapple Express2 is over rated smoke..grew and looked great..it made its way into the Rosin pile..Great tasting Rosin too!

100% LED Grow:1st shot 3x3 tent (there is a Unit Farms UFO80 high end Burple in there too)

HOWEVER I like the light in the 2nd and 3rd shots way better!! (free too..LMAO)
8 6 18 2
8 15 18 1
8 15 18 2

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Awesome Outdoor Grow!!! What do you use the "Homer Buckets" for....
I am in Northern Nevada and we get 30+ mph afternoon winds..The homers are just filled with water to keep the plants from falling over. Two are in 3 gallon cloth pots and the 3rd is in a five gallon ..The plants were supposed to be indoor plants. They were gonna be culled, so WTF, gave em a shot at life outside..Glad I did too..BUT tons of watering and feeding..Temps here have been in the low 100s..Think living in a Blast Furnace..LOL

Top Bottom