Should i flip to flower

• Thread starter GrowTheGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

So my girls are 8 weeks in veg. I always thought the longer I veg the higher the yield and while that may be true I have also heard that as the plant ages its general health deteriorates and the buds will be of less quality. To what extent is this true? Should I flip to 12/12 soon or can i continue with my original plan of vegging for another month and still achieve good quality buds? Any input is much appreciated.
Should i flip to flower
Should i flip to flower 2

hotrod717

hotrod717

I would think its based on your own situation. Available space and what you are looking to achieve. I dont believe ive ever heard of plants deteriorating in quality due to age per se. Past a seasonal cycle? Year maybe? Idk.

GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

I would think its based on your own situation. Available space and what you are looking to achieve. I dont believe ive ever heard of plants deteriorating in quality due to age per se. Past a seasonal cycle? Year maybe? Idk.
Ah okay so I was fed misinformation, that's a relief. I have plenty of room to work with, I have a 1.5x1.5x2m tent. 6 Gorilla Zkittlez which are indica dominant and showing heavy indica traits, so I'd guess that room isnt an issue. I currently only have a marshydro ts1000 (150w) but will be getting a ts2000 (300w) to use alongside it in a couple days. Hoping for 3oz per plant and ideally more.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The decision to flip is based on time and space. Plants will at least double in size after the stretch. So the real questions should be, When do you want to bring the crop in? And how big do you want them to be after stretch?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Can you post a father away pic. So we can see the size of the plant to the size of the tent?

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Thats about the size you want there before you flip. Here is mine i topped and defoliate today. Gonna let it recover the rest of the week. Then top this weekend then flip at the end of that week. They will double in size. Vegging longer will allow roots to get bigger but whats your goal? Beautiful buds? You must find that genetic and train it properly and youll get beautiful buds.

20210308 195413
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Ah okay so I was fed misinformation, that's a relief. I have plenty of room to work with, I have a 1.5x1.5x2m tent. 6 Gorilla Zkittlez which are indica dominant and showing heavy indica traits, so I'd guess that room isnt an issue. I currently only have a marshydro ts1000 (150w) but will be getting a ts2000 (300w) to use alongside it in a couple days. Hoping for 3oz per plant and ideally more.
Flip.
my current grow. Gorilla zkittlez. Vegged 7.5 weeks is now nearly 6ft tall. More sativa pheno, but it’s a stretcher.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Man sativa terps are so so good. But i hate waiting extra 2 weeks and they get super super tall. Nothing wrong with them just harder to grow my lights only go so high.
Sometimes requires some extra LST, and supercrop, to keep in check, but my kinda smoke so that’s what I grow. 👊
You can check my thread.

GrowTheGreen

GrowTheGreen

20210309 104056
This is how much more room I have to work with. My main goal is to get the biggest yield I can as this is going to be the last grow I'm going to be able to do for a long time. I have basically all the time in the world to complete this grow and I don't really care if it takes a while longer. I would like the buds to be nice and dense and smell/taste good, doesn't have to be some top shelf shit just as long as it is smokeable

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

View attachment 1100430This is how much more room I have to work with. My main goal is to get the biggest yield I can as this is going to be the last grow I'm going to be able to do for a long time. I have basically all the time in the world to complete this grow and I don't really care if it takes a while longer. I would like the buds to be nice and dense and smell/taste good, doesn't have to be some top shelf shit just as long as it is smokeable
Bro maximize bud sites and you can make buds with those plants and space wall to wall. You could do so much with that space. Lol

Snowqueen

Snowqueen

Thats about the size you want there before you flip. Here is mine i topped and defoliate today. Gonna let it recover the rest of the week. Then top this weekend then flip at the end of that week. They will double in size. Vegging longer will allow roots to get bigger but whats your goal? Beautiful buds? You must find that genetic and train it properly and youll get beautiful buds.
Do you like using the training net?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

View attachment 1100430This is how much more room I have to work with. My main goal is to get the biggest yield I can as this is going to be the last grow I'm going to be able to do for a long time. I have basically all the time in the world to complete this grow and I don't really care if it takes a while longer. I would like the buds to be nice and dense and smell/taste good, doesn't have to be some top shelf shit just as long as it is smokeable
Also I recommend transplanting a week or two before flip.

Top Bottom