Should I harvest my Early Maroc plant?

• Thread starter ThreeLittleBirds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Hello guys it's my first harvest. Should I harvest knowing it's an Early Maroc seed and I'm not expecting good weather?
Also for harvest I cut them and then put them in the dark for three days or it's the other way around?

20200818 173456
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Nice plant! It's way too early to harvest if you want something reasonably good, your plant looks like it has at least another 3 weeks.

What does the weather look like for the next month? That will determine when you harvest, the later you can wait the better quality bud you will get, however you will also likely lose at least some produce to bud rot if the weather is wet, this is a balancing act.

For your harvest time, if you choose to put the plant in the dark for a day or two, you would do this while the plant is still in its pot.
Once you remove the branches from the plant, they will start their drying process, be sure you have your drying environment ready or they will go moldy within a short period of time.

Good luck!

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

U have a while there m8.. Still new growth on her. She will need to fatten up a lot. Won't be a nice smoke. If u take her to early. Tricomes wudnt have ripened. Enough. But gl with it

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If your in for bad weather tie the plant over so the leaves act like a rain coat I have to that down here in Tassie when we get big rain . Od

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Iam being serious. Lol. Well trying 2 be. I live in the UK and the weather is let's just say unpredictable. So last year I started 1 in the garden when the weather was good. And turned. Rainy. So I put her under a fishing umbrella until the weather changed again. It actually worked. Gl m8

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Iam being serious. Lol. Well trying 2 be. I live in the UK and the weather is let's just say unpredictable. So last year I started 1 in the garden when the weather was good. And turned. Rainy. So I put her under a fishing umbrella until the weather changed again. It actually worked. Gl m8
I know I was just thinking the same thing as you wasn’t laughing at you Cobba . I’ve had build a small hot house for that vert problem . Regards Od .

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Thanks for the advice OldMan but I can't do that unfortunately for discretion matters. However I could laten the harvest time if I can dry up my plant faster. I'll look into that thanks for the help. Btw can you smoke it wet?
Also I chose this seed because it was written that harvest would be in mid august isn't it weird I should wait 3 more weeks?

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Npz m8 n no its not a nice smoke wet m8. By the look of things we're your grow is surely u can make a cover to protect her from the rain n wind a simple 2x2.with a top wud work well. But good luck with her if you can wait a little longer. She will reward u with a nice smoke.

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

It's in a field/forest that's why I can't cover it bro. What do you think about covering only the soil at the base of the plant? I'm afraid condensation will worsen humidity but at the same it won't receive the rain (it's in a pot)

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Gosh m8. I wudnt know about that u need to worry about the bud not the soil.. If she's in a pot can u not move her to a better spot with a little cover less suss. That's the only problem growing outside m8. Is the conditions. I have same problem living in the UK. Weather s. Not a givin.. I'd love to help ya more but out of my knowledge outside. Iam a tent grower. Outside don't work for me.. Gl m8

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Thanks for the advice. I'm afraid of covering it though because it won't receive much light and there is already so little UV in this end of summer.

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

I didn't mean cover her. I ment move her to a more protective spot mybe a few bushes. Or plants around her.. Sorry.. Iv just had a look on the Web. N to be honest because she's n outside strain. As long as u keep n eye on her before n after a storm. U shud be good m8.. If its been raining a lot keep eye on her. Do u live in a none legal. For weed. N that's why she's in a field?

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Yeah I know what you meant. It's already kind of in bushes actually.
I guess I'll just have to wait haha. The thing that really disturbs me is that harvest time was supposed to be in mid august for this seed. I'm worried to go against the genetics. Is that a thing or not ?

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

No I usually let the plant tell me m8.. She still as lots of white hairs on her. Mybe she's just been knocked back a little due to conditions. I wudnt be to worried if she's got this far a few more weeks won't hurt her tbh. Do u live in a none legal country?

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Ok thanks. Yeah I live in a non legal country unfortunately.

ThreeLittleBirds

ThreeLittleBirds

Hello guys, this is what it looks like one week after. It didn't receive much sun unfortunately. I have the feeling it hasn't evolved much. Would you think it will be acceptable to harvest this in 2 weeks?

20200825 121641
20200825 121838
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Hello guys, this is what it looks like one week after. It didn't receive much sun unfortunately. I have the feeling it hasn't evolved much. Would you think it will be acceptable to harvest this in 2 weeks?
The last few weeks of flowering always feel like nothing has changed much. You might be able to harvest in 2 weeks, it would be a very uppity high and still likely premature. The longer you can wait the better, I have almost come to accept a touch of bud rot is part of the game when it comes to growing outdoors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom